Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. KJC

KJC Member

Tried few FPS games on Z9X pro, runs many of them well.

Bluetooth.
    Tried mobile apps as well and Zidoo is unable to pair with any of them.
    Anyone tried connecting devices successfully?
    Is there any Bluetooth bug with beta v1.0.65?

2. supermood

supermood Active Member

@Markswift2003 can you pls integrate Bluetooth turn off in one of the next versions?

I have +25 devices in the house integrated and now 1 with constant Bluetooth radiation in the living room. don't like that and don't need that.

PLEASE!!

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I can only ask!

But yes, that would be a good idea.

supermood likes this.
  4. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi guys

When will new FW come out?
    I have to do factory reset everytime i watch movie. Either picture quality gets bad and stop playing smoothing or there is no audio. After factory reset it gets to normal
    I noticed there is jitter in dolby audio 5.1 which is not even atmos
    Z2600

5. KJC

KJC Member

How can it even affect picture quality?

6. dr4go

dr4go Member

supermood and Markswift2003 like this.
  7. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

most noticeable tearing the pixel around the objects and too much saturation which is so much annoying, uneven framerate, playback is not smooth and jittering too much. i face this issue in HDR , Dolby vision , even SDR gets whitewashed.
    What causing it? HDMI resyncing or dont know?
    most commonly seen in dolby audios files

After factory reset it gets back to normal and after turning it on same thing happen again.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Have you followed the set up instructions here?

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...r-useful-stuff-for-rtd-1619bpd-players.95967/

If so I'm surprised you have so many issues.

Are you files stored on an internal HD, attached NAS or external USB drive?

Are you connected using Ethernet or WiFi?

Have you checked all your cables?

What type of files do you have issues with, some or all?

Maybe upload a 1-5 minute extract of one of your files to somewhere like Mega, so other Zidoo users can download to eliminate the files as a cause.

9. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi
    I have used internal HDD and external HDD results are same and using brand new sandstrom Gold HDMI. is connected with wifi. I have checked all cables even both new one. MKV and mp4 i use and both has problems i noticed files with dolby audio tend to have more issues with image. Those files i have played couple of times in Nvidia shield(2017) with same cables, They work perfectly fine.
    in zidoo i do not change any settings after factory reset.
    when i do factory reset zidoo is fine but when i switch it on next time same problem if there is no image issue than it does not have any sound output and still have to do factory reset.

10. supermood

supermood Active Member

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    dr4go likes this.
  11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I tried using a WIFI connection and had major issues - videos not being smooth - and my WiFi router is only about one foot from my Zidoo! I strongly suggest you use ethernet but I don't understand why you would have such issues with an internal HDD.

After a factory reset follow the setup suggestions in the thread I linked.

Maybe the unit is defective and you should return it?

12. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

I ll Try using ethernet in the morning. So, Do you think i have defective unit? I have got Z2600

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I really don't know tbh. It's a possibility. However you need to do a methodical end to end check of all cables etc. Plus check the settings and ensure files you are testing are not suspect.

14. Paul Mardis

Paul Mardis Member

I had a similar problem with WMV files that had AAC audio that would not play ie most of my DVD rips from years ago. I converted one to M4V with ac3 audio and it solved my issue. Those movies play fine on Plex so that is where those are being watched from. I used "Pavtube Video Convertor Ultimate" application to convert the WMV to M4V/AC3. This is a free app you can download from the internet. I've had it for years. There are other video convertor apps you can get free ie "Handbrake" may also work.

Good Luck

15. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

does your zidoo play flawlessly? no picture quality/ smoothness or pixel tearing around objects problems?

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes it plays almost flawlessly.

The only issue I'm seeing is the Dolby TrueHD Atmos bug where some movies with that sound format exhibit some judder. It's a know fault that Zidoo are working on.

Apart from that playback is flawless.

17. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

My Dts and dts x sound tracks works fine but only all dolby sound has some problems specially with trueHD. i also noticed that older version which was 1.0.52 i assume . i had very bad picture quality in this beta its improved but its still far away from being flawless as compared to nvidia shield and my UHD player. even though i used same files and cables in other devices. Tomorrow i ll do factory reset and use ethernet cable. will see.

18. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

Also, try connecting the HDMI cable directly to the TV to see if the culprit of bad video quality is the receiver. I had crashes and video problems until I did exactly that. It appeared that my receiver was not compatible (several years old).

19. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Display of text with ' or " on top letters is indeed wrong. They show Chinese letters.
    (Couldn't find the original post back)

20. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Does any one have multichannel Wav files? And do they give you sound? I see them play, but do not hear sound.