Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. sandyj

sandyj Member

These two standards are very different
    • Cat5 supports maximum speeds of 100Mbps, while Cat5e supports networks up to 1 gigabit (1000 megabits per second).
    • Cat5e comes in shielded varieties, performing better in reducing noise.
    • Cat5e has a bandwidth frequency of 350 MHz, while Cat5 has no specified bandwidth frequency.
    • Cat5e has stricter specifications for Power Sum Equal-Level Far-End Crosstalk (PS-ELFEXT), Near-End Crosstalk (NEXT), Attenuation, and Return Loss (RL) than those for Cat5.
    Other points are some cables can go faster with short distances but this will depend on terminations and quality of the cable used going over the spec speed can give variable results.
    Cat 6 for example can carry 10 gigabit over 40 meters with good quality cable but it is recommend to use cat6a.

2. PhenixS1970

PhenixS1970 New Member

Just upgraded from Z9X to Z9X PRO and installed latest Beta. Question about subtitles download. On the Z9X I could see the actual filename of the srt which gives you a higher chance they are in sync with the movie. On the Z9X PRO it just lists the name of the movie and chosen srt language. A setting I'm overlooking?

xskip likes this.
  3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I use very short lengths as my NAS, switch, router and Z9X Pro are all withing a few feet of each other.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I noticed that. I agree that it makes it a bit hit and miss getting correct one. Would be good if Zidoo could revert back to showing sub file name.

supermood, xskip and PhenixS1970 like this.
  5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Have you installed the firmware with a name that ends with '_G'? This version installs the google play store in the apps section of the device.

You will also need to manually register your device with Google (one time only) as follows

TO REGISTER GOOGLE PLAY STORE (FOR "G" FIRMWARE)

(1. Open Google Play Store app then Exit.) - EDIT - may not be required if GSF ID already present in Quick Settings
    2. Goto Quick Setting>Other>About>GSF ID, Make a note of the GSF ID.
    3. Goto Sign in - Google Accounts log in and enter the GSF ID in the box provided
    4. Click Google Play Store APP, if it is still not activated, then restart and check again.

6. Paul Mardis

Paul Mardis Member

I turned mine OFF also and the blinking went away. The player now plays all of my movies without issues. Even 4k60fps movies.

7. Paul Mardis

Paul Mardis Member

I now wish there was a way to back up the units configuration settings to a file. I know I can back up the poster wall configurations but If you can back up the whole units configuration to a USB stick or custom directory. Just in case of disaster and the unit needed to be factory restored. This option is available on most audio avr/processors. This will go a long way of supporting a very good product.

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

You need match frame to be ON. When on, the player will match the frame rate of videos with differing rates such as 23.976, 24, 25 etc. If you don't set it to on it will play in whatever the current setting of the main UI. So if your UI is 1080p @ 50Hz all videos will play at 50 fps. This means that ones that are 24 fps will more than likely stutter.

xskip likes this.
  9. Paul Mardis

Paul Mardis Member

Mine does not display those symptoms. I watched a 1080p movie last night and the output showed as 4k. I even watched Gemini Man and it came in as 4k 60fps and no flickering. I will go back and re-check it to see where it is at.

10. by96

by96 Member

This driver works great for me with C4 and Zidoo:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/control4.html

11. Paul Mardis

Paul Mardis Member

I noticed the date as 2018 on the page. Is that the latest c4 driver as that driver is 5 years old and out of date. Also, are you using OS2.0 or OS 3.0 drivers?

12. Paul Mardis

Paul Mardis Member

I did go back and check. I had match frame turned OFF and resolution was set at 23,976. I checked 3 movies, one 60fpr (Gemini Man), one 23.976 (Avatar) and 1080p (Harlem Nights). I did notice Gemini Man only output at 23 instead of 60. Avatar played normally and 1080p upscaled to 4k as expected. So I made the following changes as you recommended. Playback match frame set to ON, Display resolution set to Auto, nothing else changed. I replayed all 3 movies, Gemini Man now outputs at 60fps, Avatar outputs at 23.976 and 1080p still upscales to 4k output as normal.

I will leave it at that.

Thanks for that tip.

blenky likes this.
  13. by96

by96 Member

I am using the OS 3.0 driver. I did find a slightly newer version somewhere (that I cannot recall), but it had no difference from the one on the Zidoo website. It is old, but I am not sure why it is "out of date," as it works perfectly with my UHD5000.

I tried adding the v23 driver to this post, but it won't allow me to attach the file type. I will try to PM it to you. (PM didn't work either. Please send me your e-mail address through PM if you want me to send you the driver.)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  14. KJC

KJC Member

Is it okay to upgrade to beta version?
    It gave me a warning sort of pop up msg when ticked on the option.
    What benefit one might get/expect after this upgrading to the beta version?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  15. PhenixS1970

PhenixS1970 New Member

Really happy with the Z9XPRO. So far no issues encountered using the latest beta. I have the impression that the picture quality is a notch better compared to Z9X (rendering of colours). I have along history of using many different media players over the years. Always found that Realtek players rendered a ‘faded’ picture compared to legacy Dune players but they really came a long way….

AngryVirginian likes this.
  16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Zidoo boxes are always in 'beta' with firmware. As a rule it's best to install latest beta as it will include many fixes. Maybe wait a few days when next one comes out to see if any major issues. Otherwise keep up to date if you want to get latest fixes and additions.

KJC likes this.
  17. KJC

KJC Member

Installing/Upgrading beta version improves picture quality or just fixes software bugs?

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

PQ is excellent already! New firmware will fix bugs and add new features.

KJC likes this.
  19. gyrene2083

gyrene2083 Member

I just got a Sony X95L and looked at the custom EDID settings. (They are turned off right now) But do I need to turn on Custom EDID and select option 2. Sony-8000H(LLDV,HDR10)? Or do I need to upload a custom EDID?

20. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Leave it at Auto. You only need a custom EDID if you are trying to output an HDR/ DV / SDR combo that differs than what your display normally allows.. or if you wish to restrict it in some way.

misichavichus and gyrene2083 like this.