Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

Well,here's me thinking its just a glorified brick at the moment.Never had HT before,always think the simple way works best,one of the reasons I binned my Qnap NAS and went for a DAS.I had a few problems with the H6 Pro in the early days,but since it got the last update many moons ago,its worked flawlessly.I just haven't got Dolby Vision,but what you've never had you never miss.

2. chrisolson91

chrisolson91 New Member

Upgraded to the latest beta and seems to play smooth now! :D. Just wanted to thank you all for your help and testing. Far and away the best help I’ve ever got on a forum.

3. dodusman

dodusman New Member

Good morning
    On Z20 pro with 1.065 DTS does not work, the image freezes, some time I have to reboot the Z20 pro. If I put it on RAW image works but I have no sound. My Panasonic television does not decode DTS.
    thank's for your help

Sincerely

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Match frame rate should always always always be on!!! That's as basic as it gets. You have to match the output framerate to the content framerate.

No wonder it's stuttering if you're playing 23.976 content at 60Hz!

Frame rate or both frame rate and resolution depend on whether you want the box to upscale/downscale or the display. I suggest the box. (Frame Rate Only).

xskip and Simon Belmont like this.
  5. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Breaking News: The bug is confirmed by Zidoo and will be fixed in the next firmware.

FrostByte and WRBreland like this.
  6. supermood

supermood Active Member

how do you know? thx

7. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

I wrote them an E-Mail, they were able to reproduce it and said it will be fixed in the next firmware.

Did you reproduce that issue, too? Nobody here responded on that issue so far.

8. supermood

supermood Active Member

no only using Lan. I'm more interested in the process I have reported +25 bugs ideas and wishes without any feedback so far

I will bomb them with emails sometime I guess :)
    zidoo.de@gmail.com?

In the moment I don't have the courage for another beta then the 61. playing my mkvs with sound and no stutter is basically the only thing that is working. and it's working very good on my side

pausing, resuming, downloading subs, organizing media, !navigation! media, displaying media, controlling media, searching media, metadata.... all very bad imho, lightyears from emby (which is really good in most things or kodi (I also don't like but powerful...)

9. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

zidoo.de is a german reseller. I wrote them through the service contact address that can be found on the official site zidoo.tv. I think discussing one issue at a time might be a good way to go :)

If you like Kodi, you can use Zidoos porting of Kodi called ZDMC. Or use the open source Emby fork "Jellyfin". A community member ported the Android TV client to Zidoo devices. It still needs some polishing, though. I prefer the latter solution.

10. supermood

supermood Active Member

no for the moment I will not report something but yes, one at a time would be an email bomb in the end ;)

wow good to know! I don't like kodi.

but I like emby! I've installed the android TV app on the z9x pro but some things are completely unusable. didn't know about jellyfin! Just an app to sideload? Will def try tomorrow

11. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Jellyfin is an Emby fork. Big community. I think it became the most popular open source media server in the last 1 or 2 years? So you run the standard Jellyfin server somewhere on your network and install this app on your Zidoo. I only use the home theater app, when I want to access the menu of a iso file movie, because it plays only the main movie atm.

supermood likes this.
  12. supermood

supermood Active Member

ah I would need another jellyfin server running on my nas. emby is t running perfectly, I will not stop for the other clients..

probably jelly server via docker... oh no... that whole topic will need a bit more investigation..

Frostb!te likes this.
  13. Robus_PL

Robus_PL New Member

I have tested that clip on my Z20 pro. The picture and the sound is perfect. I played that from different location on my home LAN. If you need more info, let me know. I know, that my device is different, than yours, but may give some ideas about the problem.

14. Sergii

Sergii New Member

Hello everyone! Is anybody know why my zidoo can't read anything from my pendrive connected to router in Nas mode. My 2 tvs Samsung (tizen) and Philips (android) can read all the files from the pen drive and play movies / music, but zidoo can't even open it and says Unknown error. Is it "normal" for zidoo? The same situation with my laptop. I have some shared videos, but can't even enter to see the files because zidoo is asking me for username and password, but I don't have any password and my both tvs can see the files and reproduce it without any issues.

15. Gandalf67

Gandalf67 Member

What's your model and firmware version?

16. supermood

supermood Active Member

sometimes with dts HD the player is reporting Dolby sound to the avr so it jumps to Dolby processing instead of dts HD neural x. sounds of course terrible as Dolby is the worst upmixer of all especially if it's not dliby sound..

I only have that with a fix 40 sec jump maintained for episode openings and a curios delay.
    usually the player jumps before you see a picture or hear something and all good.
    but if it starts at 0 for a half sec (no idea why) and then jumps the 40secs, the sound is corrupted.

17. Sergii

Sergii New Member

Z2000 pro. 1.0.65

18. KJC

KJC Member

Hello all,
    Can anyone confirm if Z9X pro can run 4K 60FPS(bit rate ~100mbps) videos shot by iPhone 14 pro smoothly?
    I'm on Beta V1.0.65, tried it but all videos heavily stutter.
    Tried converting in mkvtool.nix but no luck.

19. sandyj

sandyj Member

Try these test files here and see how far you can go and get back to us with which files fail
    https://www.larmoire.info/jellyfish/

xskip and KJC like this.
  20. KJC

KJC Member

All the "jellyfish" files are playing fine but the video files recorded by iphone are in X265 which are heavily stuttering and skipping frames with Z9X pro.
    How to get rid of it?