Beta version v1.0.60 for Z9X Pro release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 3, 2023.

1. SlingShotUK

SlingShotUK New Member

Just installed the .60 firmware and for some reason the Z9X Pro thinks my projector does not support DV or 3D anymore (it's an AWOL Vision LTV3500)! It was working perfectly on .52. I've tried a factory reset but it makes no difference.

Has anything changed that may explain why it's not reading the EDID data properly or is there something I need to do to get it to work (other than to revert to the older firmware)?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Nope. There is a (very old) bug where 3D EDID support isn't reported correctly in the Custom EDID view, but it shouldn't affect actual 3D playback. DV reports correctly.

Can you post your EDID to make sure it's not that. Also I can test behaviour with that EDID here.

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

Robus_PL likes this.
  3. SlingShotUK

SlingShotUK New Member

Thanks a lot for that though I've managed to sort it. For some reason my amp wasn't in the right output mode. I usually switch to a preset where only the projector is enabled on monitor 1 but it was set to auto which means monitor 2 which is the TV bleeds through EDID wise so messes it up (causes a lot of those issues if not in a specific monitor output mode). All is working again now.

Good to know about the EDID save though as that may come in very handy in future.

4. supermood

supermood Active Member

hi how can I download .61 version cannot find it on the first page. does it have to be via USB or can I download it on the internal HD? if usb, fat 32 or ntfs? which port?

THANKS!!!

5. xskip

xskip Active Member

supermood likes this.
  6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 I thought there was another release closely following on from this one. Is that still the case?

7. Markswift2003

I've advised not to release just yet - it's a bit flaky.

8. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Still hoping for sleep support in the future :(

9. geebolt

geebolt Member

Is that the reason for the delay with the other models' firmware release?

10. MaisonD

MaisonD New Member

I get no audio/sound at all playing anything that is Dolby Digital Plus. Could someone check or does anyone else has this problem? Thanks!!

11. max_mo

max_mo New Member

I don't have such a problem. Sound in any format via HDMI plays well. If the sound wasn't playing, everyone here would be writing about it.

12. Markswift2003

Yes, generally the other models don't follow until the Z9X Pro firmware is stable enough.

geebolt likes this.
  13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

OK. Any ETA on stable release for all models? Ta.

14. Markswift2003

No sorry, I seldom get ETA's other than for particular fixes.

15. Robus_PL

Robus_PL New Member

Then maybe ETA for Z20 Pro new firmware G ver. Approx.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  16. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

4 months no update firmware for UHD5000, is it the end of Zidoo media-players? The Zidoo now is EverSolo DAC/music-player company. F grade!

17. sandyj

sandyj Member

I don't seem to have any major issues playback is good for me better than when I had the previous model and no show stoppers and still on Beta version v1.0.48. I won't update until Mark says its good to go as I am in no hurry. I don't use my the Zidoo for music file playback just movies and some TV series nearly all are MKV file format and also no Dolby vision at this stage as I don't really need it.

The only change I made recently was to upgrade my pre-amp which now has HDMI 2.1 seems to be stable with HMDI handshakes but might be a bit early to tell for sure will need a couple of months of testing. My system is complicated as I have a video processor in the chain and use a projector with long HDMI Fibre cables which can cause issues.

18. supermood

supermood Active Member

hi sub down sometimes doesn't work. recommendations have noting to do with actual movie.

hope that will be improved with the .62 beta

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
  19. KristianR

KristianR New Member

Hi.
    Is it possible, if I install this beta update, to then update to the stable release, when it releases? :)

20. supermood

supermood Active Member

I will hope so!! but use 0.61 it's already available..

anyone downloading subs? folder and file names are perfect on my side but downloading sometimes just doesn't work anyway