Beta version v1.0.60 for Z9X Pro release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 3, 2023.

1. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

As I already said, some 4k Dolby Vision with HDR files that still play on my player with the vs10 engine instead of HDR cause the player to hang or the picture goes black as soon as you fast forward.
    But if I set the HDR setting to vs10 engine instead of auto, these files run perfectly

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Are they Profile 8 by any chance?

3. DennisTheMenace

Yes they are profile 8
    And like I said, when I have my hdr settings on auto, vs10 engine is used and I have a black picture after forwarding the video.
    When I have my hdr settings on vs10 engine, the vs10 engine is used also of course, but without a black picture after forwarding the video

4. Markswift2003

Yep, at the moment the logic is still a bit screwed.

Profile 4 and Profile 7 will use the SDR/HDR base layers respectively as long as you have chosen "Mapping HDR10" at least once per firmware load/reset prior to opening a file (!!!).

However, they forgot about Profile 8, so it still uses the VS10 engine.

No idea about the black picture, will test later if I get a chance.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  5. DennisTheMenace

However, this black image issue in Auto HDR settings does not affect all MKV files with Profile 8. I have many Profile 8 MKV, but very few have the image turn black after fast forwarding.

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Would still love

USB Audio ,On/Off able to be set on one of the programable keys , so we dont have to go all the way to settings audio etc etc every time weve been listening to music during the day ....usually have forgotten that by time im gonna watch tv/movies at night ,and find out the hard way ,with no audio :p

geebolt likes this.
  7. geebolt

geebolt Member

I agree with that. A direct select for USB audio On/Off would be the bees knees.

8. dr4go

dr4go Member

I wanted to ask something: is it just me or currently it's impossible to enable/disable bluetooth at the moment?

If there is something I dislike about the Z9X Pro, it would be Android 11 TV.

9. Markswift2003

Not as far as I know.

I always take the antennas off - that pretty much disables it :)

dr4go likes this.
  10. dr4go

dr4go Member

There is a Bluetooth on/off app on apkcombo (from developer "vv.android.development"), which works.

Of course you need to install it manually, because it's not available for Android 11 TV.

supermood and pcristi like this.
  11. Markswift2003

Just curious - why do you want to turn it off?

12. Robus_PL

Robus_PL New Member

Could you please elaborate on that specic one:

23. Optimized SMB sharing settings in system settings.

I look forward to receiving Z20 Pro update.
    Could you please tell when, more ore less?

robert

13. Markswift2003

Essentially, where the changelog says "optimized" read that as "fixed".

This is to do with the issues some people were having accessing SMB shares on the device from a PC for example.

14. dr4go

dr4go Member

Simple: I currently don't need it. I have a wifi remote... so why should I leave it on then? I mean... obviously there are radio waves everywhere, but if I can turn one of those off, why shouldn't I?

15. Robus_PL

Robus_PL New Member

As soon as I have new update to Zidoo Z20 Pro I will test it. Problem was to configure SMB in a way to use internal HDD and such should be seen from PC.

Do you think the fix also solves ftp service problem on Z20 Pro (the same as SMB)? I use ftp server (Banana) from Google Play Store (Zidoo Z20 Pro firmware version G). For now Z20 HDD can not be used for this ftp server.

Robert

16. Markswift2003

Understood, but then it really doesn't make any difference to the way anything works, so I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

17. Markswift2003

No idea - ftp is not natively supported so there's no reason to expect that a fix to the SMB server would change the way an external ftp apk works.

18. Dan

Dan Member

Finally SMB is working again :)

I can browse the USB drive connected to my zidoo from the PC ;)

19. Szw

Szw Member

I ask for new firmware for Z20Pro. When will the new firmware for Z20Pro be released?

20. Robus_PL

Robus_PL New Member

Hi, just few days. This is what I have been informed about and looking forwart to...