Beta version v1.0.60 for Z9X Pro release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Pezay

Pezay New Member

This is just a gamble. I have a similar setup as you. I have a Z9X Pro connected to a Synology NAS (DS416play, DSM7.2) over 1Gbps-network, using NFS. This works for me now with full 4k ISOs and Atmos.
    I had audio-stutter problems before, but when disabling frame matching in the playback settings, the stuttering went away. Don't know why they're connected, but that solved the issue for me. The movies is now always shown in 4k 60hz which is not optimal for 23fps-movies...but it works. I can't see any difference.

2. essam

essam New Member

yes, philips b95/10,as well as this model philips 8905,nvidia shield pro works perfect,all go only zidoo no,through the soundbar does not see the 4k resolution

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
  3. PERNIN Philippe

PERNIN Philippe New Member

firmware 1.0.60 on Z9X Pro SMB still does not work.
    firmware 1.0.60 on Z9X Pro. SMB detects my Windows 10 PC media servers, but the icons are grayed out and asks me for a password to access them. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Everything works very well with my Zidoo Z9X.

4. madfloyd

madfloyd New Member

Can I revert to an older firmware if this causes problems for me?

5. essam

essam New Member

SMB works perfect with 1.0.60

xskip likes this.
  6. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

sure.. where should i send it ?

7. PERNIN Philippe

firmware 1.0.60 on Z9X Pro. SMB detects my Windows 10 PC media servers, but the icons are grayed out and asks me for a password to access them.
    Everything works great with my Z9X.

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Post on Mega.nz (free) and PM me the link.

9. Markswift2003

That's normal - put in your username and password - you should only have to do it once.

10. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

The funny thing is that not all 4K HDR videos with true HD stutter. I'm currently watching an x265 video with Dolby Vision and HDR as a second layer with True HD Atmos sound. The Zidoo plays the native 2nd HDR layer for me and there are no stutters

EDIT:
    I have to revise my statement, after 30 minutes the film started to stutter.
    Sorry for the post

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
  11. Markswift2003

Have you tried ticking the anonymous box?

12. PERNIN Philippe

thank you everyone problem solved

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. xskip

xskip Active Member

o, updated Music Player 7.0 (to 7.1.12) in new Z9X Pro alpha firmware v1.0.61. (via mcbluna.net)

14. Markswift2003

That's not the headline fix for .61 ;)

Also a couple of unwanted regressions though.

dr4go and xskip like this.
  15. caocheng

caocheng New Member

Z9X PRO
    v 1.0.60G
    Multichannel audio conversion to stereo output often doesn't work, sometimes it can return to normal after a reboot. Both the HDMI port and the SPIDF port are set to stereo output, or turning off HDMI output or turning off SPIDF output can't solve it.

16. geebolt

geebolt Member

Any reason for the delay on the other models?

17. leonard harris

leonard harris New Member

they say because Z9X Pro is the test bed so it gets it first then the others

18. madfloyd

madfloyd New Member

Anyone???

19. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

So, I believe you can; however, you have to basically wipe it and not sure which firmware you will be on after the below is accomplished...likely .52. This involves some level of risk to your Zidoo. I have only done this once on prior generation, and it went smooth; however, make sure you follow along exactly. Including getting the correct image, using FAT32 drive, etc. Here are the instructions:

for
    Z9X PRO: How to flash Z9X PRO (zidoo.tv)

If you have another model, select the correct one from this list and follow the instructions perfectly:
    Zidoo support team,customer service,products support service team

Once you complete, you should be back to initial firmware, or specifically non-beta firmware, or in Pro's case, the prior version from .60 is my guess (.52 firmware). Good luck.

UPDATE: On McBlunt's site, it seems recovery image sends you back to .52:

Zidoo Recovery Images – McBluna.net

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    madfloyd likes this.
  20. Jatapong

Jatapong New Member

1.0.61 Alpha now fixed DV & HDR grey bar on cropped content o_O but again still 'alpha' ... try it at your own risk!

Attached Files:

dr4go and xskip like this.