Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Galactic

Galactic New Member

Probably it is. We need an updated firmware with this issue.

2. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Has download subtitled ever worked? As mentioned in my previous post I'm still on x.42 FW and every time I try to grab subs I just get a list of completely unrelated content (usually the same list) and no option to correct it or search for the right content. I've never found the feature useful (in that it never works) even though I've tried to use it many times.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  3. Galactic

Galactic New Member

It is fixed now, seems that they corrected whatever it was.
    Downloading subtitles has always worked for me, I just had to add in the advanced settings, the private dns: dns.adguard.com and in the zidoo network settings I use cloudflare dns: 1.1.1.1

Six66Mike and xskip like this.
  4. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Yep, works 99% of the time here, latest firmware.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  5. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

I’ve noticed a strange things 3-4x with every movie, a time stamp will pop up in the top right corner. I’ve only had this since installing the beta. Does anyone have any idea what is causing that? I have the UHD3000. I was considering rolling back the software. Is that easy to do via a USB stick? Thanks!

6. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Simply turn it off in settings. It defaults on with the new firmware (62).

7. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

where would I find that in the settings? Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

8. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

It's the clock. it shows every time it's 30mins or 1 hour. I personally prefer it as it reminds me of the time. Should be in the settings somewhere.

9. Netmask

Time to explore all the setting menus., it’s very helpful to explore…..

Deano86 and xskip like this.
  10. Netmask

11. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

12. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

13. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

14. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

I don’t know, makes a lot of sense given the behavior of Zidoo the past 6 months and the trend we have seen similar companies go in years past. Zidoo certainly isn’t doing a good job reassuring anybody they plan to continue developing or providing support for any of their products. I don’t need firmware updates every month or anything, but certain fixes are long overdue and the fact that it is complete radio silence and they don’t even provide any announcements or updates on their status is strange to say the least.

15. Netmask

Probably Popcorn were the best for communicating what they were doing and they even allowed read only access to their beta development for awhile, but the time between releases increased and finally like Zapitti when belly up. Maybe Chinese firms don’t communicate often with their clients?

16. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

You might have missed the fact that I'm the sad loser he's quoting on the other forum LOL..

17. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Since the new firmware was released for the new lineup, is there any hope for this lineup?

18. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I would say since the new firmware for the new line up didn't fix some of the issues it claimed to have and didn't fix some of the issues it certainly needs to I would say this range is way down on their priorities.

rockmeloman likes this.
  19. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

One would hope they wouldn’t go out on this line with a firmware that broke NFS, but if they want to, so be it. I just won’t be purchasing any more of their products- why should I?

20. m.hall

m.hall New Member

I'm running .60 is it advisable to update to .62 or stick with what I have?