Pls Help Test Z9X with Oppo 203

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by B0RN, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Hopefully the next-gen Zidoos (not the "pros", like actual next gen) in the future fix a lot of the issues, such as upgrading to CM4.0 as well as adding support for FEL. Also fixing the TV-Led DV so it works properly.

If they can do that then it should have as good picture quality as the other players.

2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

If that happens, I will happily get another Zidoo device.

3. Edworld

Edworld Member

I really enjoy reading this thread...

Does the oppo play mKV'S? Or just bd folder structure

Thanks

4. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Ja, auch MKVs

5. The new zidoo uhd5000 has almost the same pq as the oppo

B0RN likes this.
  6. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Can it play DV FEL layer? Thats a deal breaker for me otherwise.

7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I am seeing it does! https://www.futeko.com/products/MP133.php
    This completely flew under the radar it seems, I thought theyd make a bigger deal about making the DV whole, as well as @Markswift2003. Wonder if they'll bring this to lower models? Was this a new chipset?

DOLBY VISION MEL+FEL Supports for all Dolby Vision profiles (4, 5, 6, 7, 8 all levels) including dual layer profiles 4 and 7 using the base layer + RPU. Specific format support includes P7 BD-ISO/MKV/MP4 MEL&FEL, P4 MKV/MP4 MEL&FEL, P5 MKV/MP4 and P8 in MKV/MP4. In addition to Dolby Vision Direct and Dolby Vision LLDV, Dolby's VS10 HDR processing engine can improve dynamic range for all HDR material.

Extremally expensive though at over $1000. Too much to gamble on and test and not be able to return if no match to Oppo. Which the PQ can be quite subjective.

8. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Wait... even the Z9X Pro says it can do MEL+FEL, is that a recent addition that wasn't shipped with the player originally? I thought it was the limitation of the hardware even for new models.

DOLBY VISION MEL+FEL Supports for all Dolby Vision profiles (4, 5, 6, 7, 8 all levels) including dual layer profiles 4 and 7 using the base layer + RPU.

9. Yes it can

10. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Have you tested the z9x Pro to know if that comes close to Oppo quality or only the UHD5000? I still have doubts that it does full DV, probably just a month ago Mark said it was not possible on new models or if ever.

11. I only tested the uhd5000

12. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

It states what it does in your quote from Futeko ;). It uses the Base Layer and the RPU (dynamic metadata). That means that the EL (enhancement layer) is not being used. This is true for Z9X and Z9X pro generation devices.

B0RN likes this.
  13. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Thanks for clarifying, I completely misunderstood/misread the "DOLBY VISION MEL+FEL Supports for all Dolby Vision profiles" portion thinking it covers the EL layer as well.

Sledgehamma likes this.
  14. The difference between the uhd3000 and the oppo wass 100% oppo 80 % zidoo now ist 95% zidoo and the 100% for the oppo

B0RN likes this.
  15. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

For the price, missing EL support and extra 5%, I will keep my Oppo "for now" :D

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There’s so much confusion & misinformation in this thread that I’m keeping well out of it.

Jimbo Randy and xskip like this.
  17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

All good, Sledgehamma sorted it out. Nothing new to see here :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. Jimbo Randy

Have there been any updates on future Zidoo devices that will support FEL (like actually use the EL)? I think we really need this :)

19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

No and dont count on it anytime soon either, if ever.

20. Jimbo Randy

Are there any other devices on the horizon (or out right now) that are a better match over the Zidoos? If so, what do you recommend? I'll look into it.