Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Moyt

Moyt New Member

October 2024 :D

But seriously this is bad. I feel like I'm some kind of beta tester for a buggy box.o_O

Z5000 and USA like this.
  2. KristianR

KristianR New Member

Hi all. Is 1.0.52, still the latest for Z9X pro?

3. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

Says Z9X Pro right at the top buddy.
    ...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    xskip likes this.
  4. dr4go

dr4go Member

@Venmaster: Srsly? Where is the dislike button?

@KristianR: No, there is an alpha version floating around as well - but as it is an alpha version, you can't get the google version of the firmware - see here in case you're intereste: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/alpha-1-0-58-firmware.96658/

I was already wrong a couple of times regarding the new beta release, but I really do hope that it comes any day now. Eversolo really seems to have a higher priority for them.

blenky likes this.
  5. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

I've had more likes on here in 3 months than you in 4 years so I must be doing something right buddy.

Be honest - the Alpha release is UNOFFICIAL and cannot be downloaded from Zidoo and is only available from an external website which warns and implies users must be desperate and or stupid to download and use it. So the latest official firmware is v1.0.52 beta.

No offence but you wouldn't find me downloading firmware for Android devices from an external website unaffiliated with the vendor it could contain anything not to mention the fact that if Zidoo thought it was safe then they would release it themselves...

You can hit the fantasy dislike on this also...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    Z5000 and Deano86 like this.
  6. dr4go

dr4go Member

If you define yourself by likes/dislikes you might have troubles in the future - just saying...

Pretty sure I can read... where does the following link contain a reference to an external site? Uhm...
    https://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X_PRO/v1.0.58/Z9X-PRO_11_v1.0.58_202309061724_ota-package.zip
    Just because I like @McBluna's site a lot doesn't mean that it's unofficial.

None taken and not sure if you know that, but you can't flash a non-genuine zip file, because it won't let you install that. Version 1.0.58 is an alpha, but still genuine.

I wouldn't press it on this post, I'm afraid. But if a user asks whether a newer one is available or not and somebody answers with an - imo - unfriendly picture, I definitely would do that.

7. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

I don't personally no buddy but you clearly wanted to define mine with one didn't you.

Actually, the official Zidoo website still shows the following:- https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/[ld]yN+vBjptVBKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

And McBuna's site is not officially Zidoo. And even states you must be 'nuts' to download any of the alpha firmware.

And perhaps you don't understand that a genuine file can be tampered with and be malicious. I'm not saying this particular one is but being it's not been officially released is all I need to know. Others can take their own chances.

Unfriendly? OK my bad if it was deemed that way... Permission to go ahead and use your fantasy dislike again.

Z5000 likes this.
  8. Z5000

Z5000 New Member

i will never buy zidoo again

9. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

Hi - I ain't read through all this thread, but I have read a little and it doesn't sound good.
    I currently own a Z9x (which I like a lot) and was thinking of upgrading to the PRO, but I'm getting the impression, it ain't worth it, is this the general consensus, from actual users?

10. Evangelos

Evangelos New Member

I have 80TB of bluray remuxes MKV files, connected to my windows 11 PC ->windows sharing->z9x pro -> Devon AVR -> Oled TV.
    Everything playing perfectly without missing a bit. SDR, DV, HDR10+, DTSHD, Atmos, LPCM, DTHD. I even like the posterwall and decided to not install kodi.

Only a couple of minor bugs in the interface but no bugs related to actual movie playing.

For "my setup" it is better than nvidia shield and Amazon Firecube.

dr4go, swinskyi, xskip and 2 others like this.
  11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Have to agree
    I grabbed the z9x pro so i could acess DV content on both my OLEDs
    Its working Almost as solidly as the earlier Z9X ,which is pretty much issue free for me since i never use poster walls/HT and always play iso/BDSM saves direct without menu functions
    The Pro has just a couple minor issues atm for me ,ie loses the EDID even with a custom one set for my OLED . This was finally replicated by Mark and sent on to Zidoo for a fix ,but it is minor once you know about it
    Other issue is to do with SACD playback ie MCH SACD isnt playing correctly and again is a known issue

Movie playback etc all seem a stepup with the Pro so worth buying with the minor issues
    We know theres updates coming cos mark confirmed it with zidoo team ....jusr delayed due to so many new items and china holidays etc

xskip and dr4go like this.
  12. by96

by96 Member

I am curious about this too. Was the standby option removed intentionally from the new players, or am I just not finding it?

13. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I do not own the new Z9xPro..I assume you are referring to selecting it in a settings menu option?... but can you also access the power options by holding down the power button when you shut it OFF? Is Standby hidden there? Or was it assumed by Zidoo that the newer Android system and Realtek chip provided fast enough boot time on it's own, maybe?

14. by96

by96 Member

I can't find any way to put the UHD5000 in standby as opposed to fully off. As you suggested, I held down the power button. It came up with a message asking if I wanted to turn off or "ask me." I changed to "ask me." Now when I hit the power button, it gives me the options to shutdown now, shutdown after a time delay, or reboot. There is no standby option. Maybe you are right, and standby was removed since the boot time is rather fast.

I am mostly asking because I want to make sure I can use WOL from Control4 to power on the player. The player, when off, will boot based on a command from the Zidoo app, so I assume that functions the same as WOL.

Thanks for your help!

15. rola

rola Member

I use control4 and power on the player does not work. Power off works. At least with the driver I have. Instead I let control4 control a power outlet to turn the player on and off. A Fibaro wall plug, z-wave.

by96 likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I haven't had an answer as to why Standby is missing but to be honest, powerOff is always a better option since it clears everything down.

The network card stays up in powerOff at 10-baseT to accept WOL so as long as Control4 can send a magic packet to the MAC address it'll work just fine.

I use RS232 with Crestron and that's utterly bomb proof, with discrete powerOn and powerOff.

by96 likes this.
  17. USA

USA Member

Looks like you're wrong: https://www.rvolution.com/

Venmaster likes this.
  18. USA

USA Member

Yes, that is correct.

I always power off (Z10 Pro, UHD3000, UHD5000). Most of the time it works with the Zidoo controller to turn on the devices again. If not, I use Mocha WOL (iPhone / iPad) or Wake on LAN (Magic Packet) for w11 - so it works then actually always.
    In the worst case the 'take back you control' protocol is used: Power Off/On. Of course also remotely with the phone / tablet / PC.

No reason to get up - Couch Potato in pure culture...

by96 likes this.
  19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Existing Zapitti customers will have to pay a Monthly Fee to get the New App so to continue using there Boxes Fully !
    Plus still means no firmware update as Zapitti is no more a Company unless they can use Dune ‘s firmware over the top of there’s ………. ??!!

But if you buy the rebranded New Zapitti players You dont pay a monthly Fee

So in a way I think im Right and stick with a ZIDOO at least no Monthly Fees for us to continue Using ours or a defunkt Player that cant Access the Cloud ……..

Why not jump ship & buy a Zapitti or the new Mk 2 version then if i am Wrong ?

dr4go likes this.
  20. Robert17

Robert17 New Member

For several months I have been wondering why updates come out so rarely. We waited 6 months for the last update to RTD 1619DR and 6 months have passed since the last update.
    It's been 3 months since the new RTD1619BPD version and still nothing.
    As I know life, in the new version 10 things will be fixed and another 20 will be broken.
    It should come out every 2 weeks or so with 2-3 things repaired.
    The only reason is the lack of enough people to develop new firmware.
    I think that a significant part of the employees left Zidoo and that is why there are these problems.
    Maybe R.volution is something that was created by former Zidoo employees?

Venmaster likes this.