Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. geebolt

geebolt Member

I guess getting the new firmware by the end of the month is not going to happen?

Venmaster and dr4go like this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry, no - I'm now told the next release will be in October.

It's a national holiday in China next week so I hope soon after that.

FrostByte, dr4go and geebolt like this.
  3. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Any news if there would be any more firmware releases for the previous series? @Markswift2003 ?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I’m very sure there will be. I’ll find out more after the holidays…

Simon Belmont, pcristi, vddan and 2 others like this.
  5. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Thanks

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Well we are after the holidays!!

vddan, USA, Venmaster and 2 others like this.
  7. Z5000

Z5000 New Member

My friend i sick of waiting it is not coming.

I opened up a return for my z5000. 1000 euro android box is bogus.

USA likes this.
  8. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

Only advice I can give, is don't ever expect anything to come / get fixed. If it does, be happy. These boxes aren't really supported to be honest. I'm honestly just hoping for a shield 2024 edition to actually exist, so I can be done with zidoo.

Venmaster and USA like this.
  9. USA

USA Member

October this year 2023?

Z5000 and Venmaster like this.
  10. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

I just received my Z2000 Pro and like it so far. It’s not perfect but plays good. Why do you want to get rid of your zidoo player?

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Not true. These boxes are supported. However Zidoo also support Eversolo audio devices. To me it seems they have spread development and support rather thin - so its taking longer between updates.

12. sandyj

sandyj Member

I also have a Z2000 Pro with previous version of the firmware v1.0.48 and it generally works fine for me very little to complain about yes there are things that need fixing but for me I just work around them I know Zidoo will improve the firmware over time. I have owned many media boxes including Dune, Zappiti, Zidoo Z1000, Med8er, Nvidia Shield and on the PC JRiver , Mediaportal etc all have some bugs in some form in the end its just best to pick what works for you and get on with it life's just too short for perfection with media players.
    I am just pleased that Zidoo are still making them and there is people like Mark who genuinely push to make this box better.

Simon Belmont and Onwrathz like this.
  13. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

The fact these boxes were sold from new with issues and the fact no update has been made in firmware for nearly four months warrants the criticism and concerns many are posting on here with though...

In my opinion, it's unacceptable - some may agree and some may not.

Either way, I have learned everything I need to know about Zidoo as a company.

It's obvious that issues are worse for some than others and it's obvious that some owners are part-time users whereas others are daily drivers so the well-documented issues are affecting some worse than others.

Personally, I cannot afford to spend such a high price tag on hardware just to be a beta-tester. Some might but not me.

I needed my Zidoo to be working daily as my daily driver for all-around media playback without issue nor needs for work arounds with alternative software/plugins and unfortunately, it's failed miserably and 4 months on no fix looks like it is ever coming...

The current reality for me is my built-in TV (LG C2) media player is far superior than my Z2000 Pro in terms of playback without problems and I did not spend all that money on the Zidoo just to find myself reverting back to the one built-in to my TV.

The firmware fixes seem to be like 'Tomorrow' - 'Always, coming but never arrives'...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    nutzer, USA, Z5000 and 1 other person like this.
  14. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

If your LG TV can play (real) Dolby Vision content from your NAS via Kodi or something else, why do you even need Zidoo at that point? I am wondering.

xskip likes this.
  15. geebolt

geebolt Member

4 months? By my calendar it's 2 months and 3 weeks.

16. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

I agree with Venmaster, this new product is too buggy IMHO, and for basic usages : this should not be a problem if more firmware releases occurred

TVs have crappy multimedia players. Besides these zidoo models have a VS10 engine which gives a better rendering of HDR & DV videos

USA and Z5000 like this.
  17. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

My TV's 'Built-in Media Player' plays back Dolby Vision beautifully...

Unfortunately, though the newer LG OLED's don't support DTS-HD/X nor do they even support DTS-Pass Through via eARC to an AV Reciever or Soundbar and much of my library has DTS Audio.

Also, the library view on the TV is not great and can sometimes take time to respond/load. This was why I purchased the Zidoo as a way to resolve those issues and all I got was constant bugs and crashes from the Zidoo.

I said nearly 4 months which, is July, August, September and now October I count 4 months from the new Zidoo range release date :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    Z5000 likes this.
  18. geebolt

geebolt Member

July 21st to October 21st is 3 months and we ain't there yet. Less than 3 months is more like it. :)
    But the firmware is buggy and overdue, I agree.

Z5000 likes this.
  19. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

Like I said I was counting the months, not the time. No harm buddy ignore that bit and concentrate on the real nature of the post which is the firmware and then we can both agree it's buggy and well overdue...

Z5000 likes this.
  20. Z5000

Z5000 New Member

3 month 4 month who care ??

uhd5000 owner I pay 1000 euro and no work crash is reglar

so i return and as soon as i get my geld back i go

Venmaster and USA like this.