Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Or at least adding WebDAV source for HT???

2. Trond H. Bergli

Trond H. Bergli New Member

Hope the zidoo team can fix gapless playback with multichannel flac, wav and DTS-CD files. Gapless only works with DSD files now.

Pete B likes this.
  3. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Direct question : will there still be updates in the future ?

mytich, gymnos, fsim2000 and 3 others like this.
  4. DzigiBau

DzigiBau Member

I have just found out this one, apologize if this was discussed before, but I could not find it. It looks like that my Zidoo Z1000Pro does not switch frame rate for 25fps and 50fps videos anymore. I use Match Frame Rate Only in Playback/Auto frame rate option with Auto 1080p 60Hz in Display/Resolution option.

I checked this one using different videos and it switches for 24fps nicely, but for 25fps and 50fps it stays on 60p. This becomes more interesting when V10 message pop up, it shows frame rate 25.000 or 50.000 but there is no signal to my television to switch its frame rate, it stays on 60fps every time for 25fps and 50fps videos.

I know that since my television shows any change in resolution and frame rate with the beginning with any video with its pop up message in upper left corner. Now, I have stuttering for videos in 25p and 50p frame rates, since it stays on 60fps and I could swear it worked correctly in previous firmwares, meaning that my television received certain signal and switched its frame rate to one it received from Zidoo for all different frame rates. It is probably a bug in this newest firmware.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Think this must have something to do with your EDID.

Behaviour hasn't changed and as long as you have auto framerate/resolution switched on and the EDID allows, this is the behaviour for v6.6.42.
    (I checked all this on my Vertex):

720x576i 25fps > 3840x2160 50fps
    720x576p 25fps > 3840x2160p 25fps
    1280x720p 25fps > 1280x720p 50fps
    1920x1080p 25fps > 1920x1080p 25fps
    3840x2160p 25fps > 3840x2160p 25fps

720x576 is upscaled to 4K but that's not a problem - something has to upscale. Interlaced content is at 50fps and progressive at 25fps.

1280x720 is upped to 50fps because HDMI doesn't support 25fps in 720p but that doesn't matter because 25 is a whole factor of 50.

gymnos likes this.
  6. DzigiBau

DzigiBau Member

Thank you Mark. You have just confirmed what I said. It worked in previous firmware versions, as I remember and it stopped working in this 6.4.62 firmware. I just checked with some other equipment, changing frame rate 24 fps, 25 fps, 30 fps, 50 fps and 60 fps manually and my television switches correctly to any of them, with pop up message in left upper corner. With Zidoo and firmware 6.4.62 it works with 24 fps, 30 fps and 60 fps but it has a problem with 25 fps and 50 fps. Videos I use are all 1920x1080. I see that as a bug in this firmware version which could be solved. As problem with Info button and banner with all video info, when you close is, it continuously reaper by itself until you stop video and play it again, which was discussed earlier but without some fix for it in this firmware.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Maybe read my post again.

I didn't confirm what you said at all - I said "Behaviour hasn't changed".

In other words, v6.4.62 behaves the same as previous firmware and all framerates are working correctly as far as my tests showed.

8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I sincerely hope there will be, if only to fix the major issue affecting HT4.0 and the populating of poster thumbnails on the poster wall when you reach a certain number of movies in your collection. This issue exists on both generations of recent Zidoo players : this one with RTD1619DR and the new one using RTD1619BPD.

If you don't use NFO + local images, so using the default system, you will probably encouter some issues with disappearing thumbnails on the poster wall sooner or later, even if you already have populated all the thumbnails on the poster wall once. The more your collection grows, the more likely you will be to have this issue. I only have 627 posters displayed in medium size on my posterwall and the use of it is a pain now.

Mark made a video of the issue :

https://streamable.com/8te5uz

The thread dedicated to this issue in the forum for the new generation of Zidoo, with more informations, screenshots and all :

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/ht4-slow-poster-refresh-issue.96356/

(Feel free to add a comment on this thread, that could help.)

For me this is a priority over any other fix because it affects the user experience so much. A change in HT4.0 to create real thumbnails stored elsewhere than in the cache would be more than welcome.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    Dama likes this.
  9. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I've been having this issue for years and they have not fixed it. I've brought it up many times and was ignored. I doubt there will be another update. They're too busy trying to sell new boxes instead of fixing the ones they already had.

10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

The issue also exists on their new boxes so they should be concerned if they don't want to get a bad buzz affecting the sales IMHO.

vddan and Tarantula like this.
  11. thivame

thivame Active Member

The same goes for me

Tarantula likes this.
  12. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

Fair point.

Tarantula likes this.
  13. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I'm convinced there will be, but the frequent beta updates will now focus on the new hardware (so we should expect less frequent updates than the 1619BDP line), and since they've been released half-cooked, the developers are very probably 100% dedicated to fixing the new hardware before bringing updates to older hardwares (even if these are in need of fixes too).

I'm not saying that's what I want (because the 1619BPD line isn't impressive but is a lot more expensive so I don't plan to upgrade my Z9X anytime soon, and it sure needs to be fixed as well, I'm not even updating to the latest version because it looks scary) but that's what seems the most logical.

14. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

In my opinion the majority of the issues are not hardware or model related but poor UX implementations / silly bugs / spelling mistakes, and nice to have features in higher level apps like Home Theater / Poster wall / Music apps which once fixed can be distributed to all models at the same time.

15. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

This.

That's why I use ZDMC as my daily.....I've not even bothered to scan moves in on HT4 as I don't and won't use it as it currently is.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023
    Phil181 likes this.
  16. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Greedy company's now all release their products half finished and fix it later. Also promising features that have not even been implemented yet. Looking at you full blu ray disc menus. Which never saw a fix in 2 years. And they actually think people will rush to buy a new box? Especially when they were so obsessed with making more money that they didn't even wait for the new Realtek chip which releases soon and they went with a slightly updated but nothing special chip cause they couldn't wait. Also charging an extra $100 compared to their last boxes. And seeing as it actually has less power so no external hard drives cause they are so greedy people that use external drives for their media collections should not upgrade cause it can barely power itself as it is. So the only difference that most people will actually noticed is the extra 1gb ram and 16gb extra storage. Which prob cost about $8 each box. Not worth $100 extra price tag. Maybe they need more money for those Chinese spy balloons

Tarantula, Mariusz, B0RN and 2 others like this.
  17. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Indeed, it is not "tempting" to buy a new Zidoo. I will wait for the next box + a year of tinkering before thinking about a new box. No sense being a beta tester again from day one.

18. Piper2603

Piper2603 New Member

You will always be a beta tester, because show me a Zidoo product without any problems and I'll show you a cat that can bark
    Reason enough for me that I will never buy a Zidoo product again, I do not support such a company policy

gymnos, Tarantula and Ovidiu Ogrean like this.
  19. A few years ago, Zidoo and Dune were probably the handful choices you could have for Dolby Vision playback and HD audio pass through. Now there are more choices. CoreELEC supports a few boxes. FireTV Cube 3gen cost $110 during promotion. I see no point to buy Ziddo box at $200+

20. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Really every media player and computers for that matter are all beta products. I doubt if there will ever be a refrigerator type appliance media player or streamer. Even my dishwasher has software updates :) and I have had to “reboot” it a few times.

rozel and Phil181 like this.