Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

When you start hurling insults, as far as I'm concerned, you've shown your true colours and that's the end of the conversation.

3. I agree there is no need for personal insults.

As far I am concerned whe have all said our peace and there is no need for further discussion on this subject.

4. Markswift2003

Hopefully we'll get some firmware improvements soon - have to admit it's been awfully quiet for the last couple of weeks.

DennisTheMenace and USA like this.
  5. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

but why do we buy it if we know others are better?

Tarantula likes this.
  6. USA

USA Member

... I only know what is better and what is worse when I use it and compare it. Only by reading and watching Youtube videos it's hardly possible to seriously grasp the advantages and disadvantages of a product category, in this case media players.

...for extensive tests to meticulously capture the differences, the strengths and weaknesses of different media players and compare them side by side to publish them in a future raw.stream blog in a few months.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

Depends what you mean by better.

I used to use Dune when they were Sigma boxes, before HDR was a thing and Mede8ers before that. I have a Zappiti too but that never made it into day to day use because the interface is so slow and archaic.

My first Zidoo was an X9S and from there I went Z9S, Z9X and now Z9X Pro with other boxes on the sidelines (Neo S, Alpha).

As most will know, I don't work for Zidoo but I do stick my oar in (a lot!) with the devs and personally I think the Zidoo beats all the rest hands down.

That's the reason I have a little £160 Zidoo box in my cinema feeding an amp that cost a couple of grand and speakers that cost 10x that amount, not to mention projector at about 5K and a screen that cost about 10K.

I could quite easily have a Dune or a Zappiti or an Oppo in there. But I don't. And at the moment I wouldn't consider anything else.

I try pretty much every media box that tips up with the exception of the POS Kodi boxes knocking about, although I did once try a Ugoos which was the biggest pile of crap ever and as far as I remember, the only box I've ever sent back!

So yeah, depends on what you mean...

darky_zidoo, swinskyi, USA and 2 others like this.
  8. Android-Matze

Android-Matze New Member

very sad that there is no new firmware at the moment
    because Samba does not work under ntfs yet.

has really become very remorseful in this regard

9. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Ah Mede8er, loved their players back in the day.

pcristi likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

I still use two of them for TV - been rock solid for years.

11. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Everything i bought has been researched by me lol. Read forums, reviews. All seem perfect..untill i got one (cpu, avr, gpu, speakers, mediaplayer).
    They all have weaknesses. And suddenly i see the forum topics talking about these weaknesses pop up. Always afterwards somehow..
    But i never thought a product was completely worthless. Mostly they are 99% perfect,
    Also my new zidoo. Else I would have returned. That right we have in the EU gladly.

geebolt likes this.
  12. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

My Z9X Pro keeps forgetting some options I chose… e.g. having set the screen ratio to 2.35, changing something else lets the machine sometimes revert to 16:9, although 2.35 still has the tick… clicking again on the 2.35 option, the Z9X pro reverts to that screen ratio.
    It would be nice if that got fixed, but I actually am hoping for a „real“ 2.35 GUI, that not only squeezes the 16:9 GUI vertically, but re-arranges the geometrically correct GUI-elements to best use the 2.35 screen…

My machine also returns to the Auto option for HDR/VS10 engine although I chose VS10 & LLDV for everything.

I also noticed that despite me leaving the default option the save the HT4 info locally, the Z9X pro created the folders on the network shares where the media content is stored.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
    DennisTheMenace likes this.
  13. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

mine does the exact same thing. plus it crashes and hangs after every start of a video file

And it all started with the installation of the newest firmware

14. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

All this is true, since it stays a niche market.
    But, after also 20 years of mediaplayer playing ( i have a wall of popcorns here, and a dozen x brand android boxes) the lesson learned is that you ( or i ) only upgrade to a new model if it is using a next step in the CPU. Like with Zidoo from the 1296 to the 1619.
    Or from the S922X tot the S928x for example. Al the pro updates i'll pass, since it will save one the whole debugging phase, while the actual speed of function advantage minimal is.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

That is strange… I have been watching 5 or 6 movies with the Z9X pro since I got it and not a single crash for me, so far…

16. DennisTheMenace

Yes, it probably depends on the setup used.
    But my settings also change by themselves.
    only for me from auto hdr to vs10, from 2160p 60hz resolution to 2160p 30hz.

I suspect that the player somehow misreads the eidid of my Samsung tv.
    But what do I know, the firmware definitely needs more work.

the best would be if you create a debug log and post it here.
    This makes work easier for the devs.
    Instructions are available here
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-create-a-debug-log-rtd-1619bpd-players.96242/

17. Markswift2003

Try saving the EDID and then loading it back in as a Custom EDID - then the EDID is always available when the Pro boots regardless of what the rest of the system is doing.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  18. DennisTheMenace

ok, it did nothing. So it's probably not an Eidid issue?
    The funny thing is that right after resetting the player to factory settings, everything works. But after the first reboot, many MKV files get stuck again after 3 seconds. and sometimes immediately. Sometimes after playing an HDR movie, some settings change by themselves (Auto HDR, resolution). And when I set the audio settings to Raw, the MKV doesn't hang, but then I have no sound with DTS.
    It all started with this firmware.
    I guess I have no choice but to wait for a new firmware and use my old z9x until then.
    Thanks for your help

19. Zombie10k

Zombie10k New Member

some additional findings comparing the pro vs. non-pro.

The pro version does not currently have the HDMI color range option. This is critical for my particular setup. Can this please be fixed in an update to include this option.

I am also not seeing the same options under HDR for LLDV (combined with Vertex 2) - I'll provide more details in a follow up post.

Z9X (non-pro)

upload_2023-8-7_12-31-25.png

20. Markswift2003

Hey! how's tricks??

That was one of the first questions I asked when I got an engineering box and was told it's been removed and is set automatically - ie limited, 16-235/64-940, for the vast majority of displays.

The VS10 output options have been restricted by Realtek at Dolby's "request". My theory is Dolby threw their dummy out the pram.

All the LLDV options should be there as long as they're set in the Dolby VSDB in the EDID (early firmware had
    10/12-bit 444/RGB flag in DV VSDB reversed but is fixed now)

upload_2023-8-7_18-17-15.png