Upcoming Zidoo Model Z2000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by McBluna, May 31, 2023.

1. Legendsiro

Legendsiro New Member

Received mine…can’t wait to try it out

Attached Files:

2. woodymogs

woodymogs New Member

Mine arrived yesterday and initial impression are mostly positive.

Previously had X9/Z9 models but wanted to have a model with the HDD bay so went for the Z2000. I've used the recommended settings for the Z9X which seem fine but last night I noticed that a DV file suffered from raised black levels. I'm not sure if there's something I need to alter to sort this (HDR is on Auto and DV is set to TV led sent to a Sony A80J) or if it needs a FW update to resolve this. Perhaps @Markswift2003 may be able to advise about this please?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I haven't seen raised black levels with DV and I've had the Pro for a few weeks now.

Can you see if it's the same with Player Led DV?

4. woodymogs

woodymogs New Member

Hi Mark and thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately things have gone from raised blacks with DV to totally weird. I changed the setting to Player led and started to play the programme I was watching last night with the raised blacks. Straightaway the on-screen display (DV logo and all on screen info) started flashing on/off. I stopped and changed back to TV led and the picture on the same content had shifted down the screen with a large blue bar at the top.

I rebooted the Z2000 and tried again with Player led and got a completely scrambled mess so I reverted to TV led but again the picture had shifted down with flashing on screen info. I tried a completely different DV file but the results were the same. I attached the USB drive to my Z9 and both the files play perfectly (TV led).

I've attached a couple of photos to show the defects mentioned above

I assume my next step should be to reset the Z2000 and start from scratch?

Zid1.png Zid2.png

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Er, yeah I'd say so - very odd behaviour..

6. woodymogs

woodymogs New Member

Full reset seems to have worked so I hope it was all an odd glitch :)

7. delamelon

delamelon New Member

do you have any interior pics online?
    I do not find... :/

8. woodymogs

woodymogs New Member

Unfortunately I'm still having some odd behaviour with my Z2000 even after a full reset.

Playback of DV files is erratic. When I start to play a file, the entire picture is shifted down the screen with a large blue bar running the length of the top (as per one of my earlier photos). I have to stop the file and hit playback again (often more than once) to get it to work properly. This looks like it triggers another fault as the aspect ratio of the menu's is now wrong and they no longer fit the screen as they should. I'm making an assumption about this but for a couple of days this problem didn't exist but has appeared after playing a couple of DV files. The DV files play perfectly on my Z9s but not the Z2000.

I deliberately haven't made any adjustments to any settings after the full reset other than to use the recommended settings suggested in the forum.

9. Steve Mera

Steve Mera New Member

Maybe worth Flashing the Firmware.... Have an issue myself with the Z2000 Pro.
    Prompted today to do a new update - (07/07/23)
    Afterwards I noticed in the poster wall... when I change the cover, it does not show the change until I come out and go back into Poster Wall... Use to change straight away... Is it supposed to do that???
    Steve

10. TK423

TK423 New Member

What has been improved?

Nedy71 likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

12. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

the info on the website ( if you look at the german Zidoo website) is wrong
    You have to go the the Taiwan website

(powersupply, usb ports and hdmi audio out are different)

13. MRobi626

MRobi626 New Member

Hi!

Replace my 1000pro to 2000pro.

First impression:

The sound more wider and more detailed.
    The volume direct mode stronger +8db (1000pro listening volume: 32dB 2000pro: 40dB)
    Stronger bass (Vibrates windows - (I fixed, change Dirac measurment curve on low frequency -3dB) )
    Black level more darker than 1000pro ( i try fine calibrating this weekend with Burosch 4k calibration test patterns)

Some feature request:

Can modify in quick menu bluray menu to chapter and wider field, long chapter name going around.
    IMG_20230714_204102.jpg :
    Thanks this great product.
    Greetings: Robert

darky_zidoo likes this.
  14. darky_zidoo

I ordered mine..I hope to get it in the next 2 days. Ready to test some firmware :D
    (and some av1 files)

15. BREY

BREY Member

extended chapter captions have always been . it's just that they are rarely signed (usually just a number). so I myself rewrote the chapters not with numbers, but with text and z1000pro displays this. I really hoped that audio tracks would be signed in the new models (the authors of the translation into my language), but this did not happen -
    so for myself I don’t see the point in replacing the z1000pro with a new lineup.
    [​IMG]

16. darky_zidoo

My zidoo 2000pro arrived today.

I find it much faster then my z10 pro. Or perhaps smoother.
    The sound also seems better. Great image quality.

I also had some bluray DV demo-disk that weren't running smooth on the z10pro. Now they run very well.

The only negative thing was the package from Zidoo.de. Outer box was ok, inner box of the zidoo was damaged, including a big hole. I mailed them pictures. The player was undamaged gladly.

17. Anybody else experiencing micro stutter playback from USB with H264 MKV files.

I have installed the latest firmware.

18. Gareth Burton

Gareth Burton New Member

No. All good here. I have an external usb flash drive attached and absolutely NO problems.

19. darky_zidoo

I started ripping my old asian horror dvd's today. These have really crappy image quality. But damn...the zidoo makes them really watchable.

xskip likes this.
  20. manulover

manulover New Member

Hello friends

I have a zidoo z1000 pro and I'm thinking of changing it for a z2000 pro.

Is it worth the change?

Will it be faster with more RAM and will I have better image and sound quality with the new chip?

Thank you so much

Nedy71 and geebolt like this.