DTS-HD 7.1 audio tracks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gymnos, May 8, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Auro 3D is simply not supported .
    Music DTS-HD is not supported using Music Player and plays with Android default. These tracks are typical rips of BD discs which play just fine with the original BD using Video Player.
    You better extract the LPCM tracks as an alternative as these will play with Music player in HD.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  2. volsch

volsch New Member

I haven‘t used music player, but Home Theater 4.0. And as I have written, they play fine, but show wrong information using the audio menu select button.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Hate to say this but at the moment the new models have kind of the opposite problem - all DTS, whether DTS-HD, DTS-HRA, DTS-X or plain old DTS above 2 channel report as "DTS 5.1"

1.0 and 2.0 channel DTS report correctly...

gymnos likes this.
  5. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

That does seem to be a bit silly... especially at this point... I thought Zidoo uses MediaInfo to identify file information?

6. Markswift2003

It does, but I don't think that comes from MediaInfo because that can be turned off in settings.

So it depends what you parse from the file and it's actually not as easy as you think to get the codec right because DTS has a plethora of codec names these days, some of them shared. The channel thing is odd though because I think that's always explicitly stated in the header.

But yeah, it shouldn't be that difficult.

7. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Gotcha... one more question... What criteria does HT4 use to select which audio track to play out of 2 or more choices?... it seems that it simply plays whatever one is first in the list. Or should it read any track with a Default flag and use that as the primary audio track regardless of its position in relation to other audio tracks?

8. Markswift2003

Depends on Playback/Language/Default audio track.

Correct behaviour would be to select the language defined in Playback/Language/Default audio track.

You can set it to follow the Default Flag or set a language which should override this.

However this just doesn't work and the logic seems to make no sense.
    If the first track is Default, it seems to always play that regardless of Language setting
    If the First Language is not Default it seems to follow the Language setting - partially - the default flag seems to be ignored.

My advice is to just mux the track(s) you want - I see no reason to keep a multitude of languages I'll never use. Same goes for subtitles.

9. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Ya, originally my family would use sony bluray players in other parts of the house as local streamers and they were limited on the soundtracks that they could play... no truehd or dts-ma... so I would make sure the dolby digital or dts would be the first track. But now since that limitation is gone, I would like to set the default flag to my preferred higher resolution soundtracks, but it seems like the Zidoo still wants to play the first track. It's funny... my extremely old Mede8er 1000 player has a menu setting where I tell it to default to the higher resolution tracks and seems to work perfectly in that regard... just goes to show what amazing streaming devices those old Mede8ers were! lol

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
  10. Markswift2003

Yep - I still have a Mede8er 600 running for TV series.

The Zidoos are supposed to honour the default flag and languages - the menus are setup to do that. It just doesn't.

11. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

DTS-HD HR 7.1 reports incorrectly as DTS-HD 5.1

gymnos likes this.
  12. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

And it's a pity that Zidoo does not distinguish between DTS-HD MA and DTS-HD HR.

Dune does.

gymnos likes this.
  13. Naiera

Naiera Member

This is what I was talking about in the other thread a few months ago when you got pissed off at me for no reason.

14. Markswift2003

I don't recall.

15. Naiera

Naiera Member

So even though the Zidoo is reporting just DTS, it's still playing the whole DTS-HD MA track? If that's the case, I don't really care. I know what I ripped :p

16. Markswift2003

Yes - it's just the way MediaInfo is parsed. It makes no difference to the actual playback.

17. Naiera

Naiera Member

Excellent. I'd been muxing my MKV files to TS containers, but that would remove the chapters. DTS-HD would report correctly though. I did notice that the player was aware of the existence of the HD track outside of the language track selection menu.

So my friends and I weren't missing out on the HD part of the sound when we watched BAC Nord last week :D

18. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

My Yamaha reports all audio tracks correctly as long as it is set to "straight". ie what comes in goes out without any processing.

On another subject a friend of mine would like to install wireless rear channel speakers (yuk) but he does have a complicated situation, so are there any viable wireless senders on the market?

19. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Interesting.... so I have messed around a bit more with MKVToolnix and its header editor... and after turning OFF the default track flag for the regular DTS or Dolby Digital tracks and turning ON the ones for DTS-MA or TrueHD.....AND if I either rename the file or go into the movie's More Info section and hit the refresh button, the Zidoo so far now seems to be honoring my setting of following the Default Track Flag ..even when it is the 2nd track overall. But.... it does not seem to work for 3D titles! Lol! Those files for some reason do not honor the default audio track flag and continue to play the 1st audio track. But, I am very pleased that I can just do a super quick adjust in the Header Editor without having to remux the order of the audio tracks for the vast majority of my older movies now.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  20. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I just remux, eliminating every track within the MKV file I don’t need or want.

Markswift2003 likes this.