DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

This idea came from the Hifi Rose forum - a common thread which separates feature requests from bug reports.
    Please only use this thread to request new features. Remember, this is an unofficial suggestion thread and may well be ignored by Zidoo.
    However, the ever attentive Zidoo staff members, who frequent this forum, have been extremely accommodating so far and have demonstrated their commitment to making the superb DMP-A6 even better.
    To help gauge the popularity, it could be useful to "like" suggestions you support.

IoanB likes this.
  2. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

It would be great if the Eversolo media player supported ReplayGain.
    ReplayGain is the name of a technique invented to achieve the same perceived playback loudness of audio files. It defines an algorithm to measure the perceived loudness of audio data.

The technique is defined here and is widely used by many media players.

Amnesiac, AYKUT, Jabba and 3 others like this.
  3. Nearlymusical

Nearlymusical New Member

Would love to see eARC capability. Is it possible that the HDMI port could be I/O by modifying the OS ? If it requires hardware change then heh ho - Bluesound node ?

Trebz and Rolf Quander like this.
  4. glc650

glc650 Member

I understand why some users would want an HDMI input on a streamer/DAC but what benefit would an eARC port be?

5. Nearlymusical

Nearlymusical New Member

Good question - Ooops : I may have misunderstood eARC . With A6 I would like to route TV audio through A6 to DAC . My TV outputs have Toslink and eARC HDMI. thinking about it I may have misunderstood - on reflection I am thinking that the TV eARC HDMI port is a I/O loop - not output only , in which case not capable of doing what I wish - I would need to output through Toslink.
    I stand down on this suggestion - unless there is value that I have missed. Thanks for the question

6. glc650

glc650 Member

The A6 deals in PCM only and e/ARC is designed to simply bitstream audio back to an AVR for decoding. Most TVs can only decode a small subset (if any at all) of the Dolby/DTS formats. Most video streamers are more capable audio decoders than TVs so I would think the better ask would be a standard HDMI input on a product like the A6. With a standard HDMI input you could use any source (video streamer, BR player, etc.) you want. With e/ARC the source can only be a TV with ARC. You could always just use an HDMI extractor with whatever streamer/DAC you have now/want to get and don't worry about finding one with HDMI in (there's a reason why most products like the A6 don't have HDMI inputs to begin with).

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
  7. Nearlymusical

Nearlymusical New Member

Ahhh - OK - thanks for that - food for thought

8. Gruvejet

Gruvejet New Member

LED VU Meter options

Attached Files:

9. Jammer

Jammer Member

it's not clear to me if dmp-a6 has ir receiver or, alternatively, can support external ir dongle like flirc
    thanks for support

10. glc650

glc650 Member

According to the A6 thread at ASR the A6 supports both IR and BT (as does its optional remote). I don't know about FLIRC. Aren't all the USB ports on the A6 just for attaching USB drives and DACs?

11. soongsl

soongsl New Member

Wish to have Network App Boot (connect with LAN/WIFI) feature and Audio sensing of SPDIF/COAX in mobile app

NWN likes this.
  12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

It has an IR receiver built-in so you don’t need a dongle. The upcoming remote will operate on both IR and BT.

13. Jammer

Jammer Member

i'm NOT referring to A6 but DMP-A6!!!!
    as ASR tells: "There is no IR remote but an app is available. I personally like to see an IR remote as it is faster to use than pulling up an app."

FLIRC is an usb dongle compatible also with Android that can add IR.

14. Jammer

Jammer Member

i'm NOT referring to A6 but DMP-A6!!!!
    as ASR tells: "There is no IR remote but an app is available. I personally like to see an IR remote as it is faster to use than pulling up an app."

FLIRC is an usb dongle compatible also with Android that can add IR.

15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Eversolo already confirmed a small DMP-A6 remote will become available as an option. It needs to be ordered separately.
    I can live without one, but will try my existing remotes via BT and RF one of these days.
    The cast/clone mode works very nicely for added/streaming apps.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
  16. glc650

glc650 Member

17. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

People are trying to help you and you’re shouting?

A6 is referring to the DMP-A6, there are no other A6 models from Eversolo. A remote is coming out soon.

You are reading and old post. Please have some manners and say thank you instead.

18. Jammer

Jammer Member

Sorry for that guys,
    it's only because multiple simultaneous reply make a bit confusion... :)

do you know something on next batches available in europe?
    seems that (DMP-)A6 was disappeared from any store world wide... including zidoo

19. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

20. Jammer

Jammer Member

Thanks for link, any chance to see it on amazon store? because simpler to manage in terms support and reliability.... there's also an eversolo store in amazon.eu (it it's my local one)