Subtitles Crashing issue has been going on for 1.5 years without a fix

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, May 26, 2023.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Many people are having issues with subtitles crashing to the home screen, after that the file won't play cause the same subtitles that cause the crash are still selected leading it to crash every time. I have seen at least 10 - 12 people having this issue in the last few months alone without a fix. this is ridiculous for such a serious issue to go unresolved, especially seeing as Zidoo has time to implement features nobody asked for instead of fixing serious bugs that have been there for almost 2 years. I now cannot watch episodes and movies that have these subtitles enabled cause it just crashes immediately after playing for 1 sec, it goes to a green screen, then crashes. mostly SDH

ptitmick22 likes this.
  2. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Hello. I too am having problems with subtitles crashing. It's quite annoying

3. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I have never had any issue with my PGS subtitles gotten from my own disc rips working just fine.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've never seen this with SRT or PGS subs.

A sample file would be handy - as I keep saying, if we can't replicate, we can't fix.

5. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

[​IMG]

Hello, is this what you need?

6. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

7. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

And they're not the only ones in my collection.I can understand that it comes from having found his files on the net, but I still have many movies that crash. These same movies worked fine with my old player.

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  8. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Mark probably asked for a sample file section from your problem movies in question for him to try... maybe uploaded to Mega or some other file sharing site and provide a link . Perhaps at least an actual summary using MediaInfo with your problem files would help to shed some light. I have said this many times but when you decide to download movie files from the internet, you get what you get... and many times it is improper or weirdly muxed files. Sure, some players can play them, but many times there are problems. I bet if you purchased the movie yourself and ripped it, everything would work just fine.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. Nicholas Hewitt

it happens with all my files!! if the file has 3 subtitles tracks and I switch between all 3, one of them will cause it to crash..... Also, the bug is still there after multiple factory resets.... it's not my files I can guarantee that!

10. Markswift2003

No

11. Markswift2003

Honestly - how hard can it be?

12. Markswift2003

If I could like this post twice, I would.

13. Markswift2003

It's like:

"I have a problem"

"Ok, what is it?"

"Not telling you"

"But if you tell me I can fix it"

"Still not telling you"

Brilliant. Next?

14. Nicholas Hewitt

Actually, that's not true cause I have lots of movies that i ripped myself from Bluray that's subtitles always crash, For instance, Halloween the original. I have releases of all types from all different places so it makes no sense that they all have broken subtitles, that is ridiculous.

15. Nicholas Hewitt

I finally got one of my files that kept crashing because of the selected subtitle to play. I thought maybe if I renamed it, it would follow my global default subtitle setting which is off, but instead, it kept it with the same subtitle selection that was causing it to crash only this time it played without crashing. So there is definitely something wrong with Zidoo's subtitle handling.

16. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Sorry if I didn't post the right info! You need the mediainfo of the file as suggested by Deano86?

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My experience is like Mark's. Never seen a single subtitle crash.

Use both PGS and a lot of online/realtime Zidoo downloaded SRT subtitles with BD (ISO or Folder). Never play without subtitles and watch a lot of movies. Never use other formats but occasional it can be an MKV. .

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  18. Nice Monkey

I think he likes the file itself.

19. Nicholas Hewitt

It is not my mkvs dude!!!! I have been remuxing for 10 years and I know how to do it very well. I think you just assume because you don't have the issue that it must be our error which I can assure you is very wrong. I have about 60 mkvs that crash. So if you're not going to post something useful in finding the solution maybe you should keep your posts to yourself. Cause basically you just implied that we're idiots and can't find our left hand to save our lives.

20. Nice Monkey

You are 100% wrong. Just tried to help but if it is not appreciated it is fine with me, but staying polite is the minimum.
    You can post an example of a movie I have too and I will even try it for you. If confirmed/reproduced I will send it with movie and all to Zidoo for diagnostics.

Last edited: May 29, 2023