Subtitles Crashing issue has been going on for 1.5 years without a fix

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, May 26, 2023.

1. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

How can anyone offer you a solution when you seem to refuse to provide any sort of example or media information from those files for those that are willing to try and help, I can only assume you prefer to whine and complain.

2. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Then it would also help others here (in addition to Mediainfo and samples files already requested) if you can advise what software (and settings if passthrough/transcoding) you have been using to rip your disks and subtitles that causes your crashes?

Do you add separate .srt subs to your rips? Are the subtitles you need correctly shown as "default" and/or "forced"?

3. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Just my two cents: I have never once had a crash happen because of subtitles.

4. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I don't have the time or patience to make a sample file. If someone else who is having this issue wants to that's fine. I have had my z9x for a few years and after a firmware around 1,2 - 1.5 years ago screwed up the subtitle handling on my z9x. The same files that I was watching before this started happening, now crash when I select the same subtitles......... And posting that you are not having this issue does nothing towards helping the issue. So stop being so rude........ unless you guys are already grabbing your pitch forks....... " oh well I'm not having this issue" makes no sense to post unless you are arrogant and rude cause it does nothing to help the situation. cause I am 150% sure it is not my files......... the same files that worked before and many files from different sources..... "OVER 60 FILMS AND COMPLETE SHOWS FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES HAVE THIS ISSUE. so trying to prove that it is on my end and my files is a waste of my typing and honestly seriously pathetic.

5. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

oh and try looking up subtitle issues on this forum and see the overwhelming posts of issues. Which most of the people gave up and left the community cause too many people are too busy trying to prove someone wrong when they are not..... it's seriously sick.

6. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

good morning. Is it possible to put here an uptobox link of one of my many crashing movies? Or maybe by private message? I have no problem giving info on my movies that have this problem, I just need time.
    thanks for your help

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

PM me a link and also detail the exact procedure to replicate the problem.