Eversolo DMP A-6 Master Edition in US?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Ron Kindel, May 11, 2023.

1. Ron Kindel

Ron Kindel New Member

I discovered information about a master edition of the Eversolo streamer from a website in France.
    It seems to be focused more at the high end market. Better clock and better power supply. I attempted to attach a link but it seems that is against the rules here. Even better, in my opinion, would be a Master Edition but without a built in DAC. I already own a great DAC and I don’t really want to pay for another one if I can help it.
    I am new to this forum. Can anyone direct me to a method for me to inquire to the company directly as to plans to introduce the Master Edition in the US?

2. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/stre...-aptx-hd-32bit-768khz-dsd512-mqa-p-17647.html

Hmmmm.....

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

4. Ron Kindel

Ron Kindel New Member

Thank you. I’m new to this site, so I haven’t seen this. Just saw the email address for Eversolo sales on Eversolo website. Sent them an inquiry about availability of Master Edition in USA. I hope they respond.

5. Nice Monkey

This not an Eversolo/Zidoo product but a company which upgrades equipment made by others.

6. Zork

Zork New Member

Does the DMP A-6 run Tunein?

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes.

8. Ron Kindel

Ron Kindel New Member

The standard edition is now listed on Amazon. The Master Edition is now listed on AliExpress and a place out of Chicago- Saturday Audio. Price is $1299.

Napoli likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I guess snake oil and angel's tears costs about $600 then.

10. Ron Kindel

Ron Kindel New Member

I really wish I had access to both versions in my own system because that is really what’s required to answer the snake oil question. That’s not gonna happen so you’re just going to have to take a position and live with it. Much depends on just how resolving your system is, I suspect. No one wants to throw away $450. That’s a serious up charge given how inexpensive the base unit is. On the other hand, clock quality is well known to be integral to better sound quality and in the high end world $450 is chump change.

Napoli likes this.
  11. Ron Kindel

Ron Kindel New Member

I’m trying to wrap my mind about the actual differences between the two versions. At first it appeared that the master edition had an upgraded power supply but now it appears that reference was talking about the standard version in general not the master edition specifically. Is the upgraded op chip they mentioned used in the DAC section and therefore immaterial if using to feed an external DAC? If so, it appears the difference comes down to the clock and the gold medallion on the front. What am I missing here?

12. Nice Monkey

They exchange the crystals and the opamps. That is is. Not exactly snake-oil but it is very expensive though. Value the swap at max 100/200 dollar including the effort to do. Will you be able to hear it? Possibly that crystal can be heard on a very nice setup with a good source but the amps probably only can be measured. Just my 2 cents.