Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello nc88keyz,

Thank you for this information, it is interesting.

See you soon

2. Verve

Verve New Member

The online trailers work now, but their volume is really low compared to actual movie playback. Anyway to adjust that so they're level?

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Yes, use the volume control on the remote.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I think it's encoded volume in the trailer file. Make sure the volume on your Zidoo remote is up all the way. If you turned it down it will lower the volume of trailers since most of them have simple stereo sound. When you play movie the audio stream gets passed to your amp for decoding. Volume control from Zidoo will not be active during the movie.

I find it opposite. Most of the trailers are louder compared to the movies and I need to lower the volume with remote a lot.

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Hi OliverQC
    poss a delay is that its coming from elsewhere now / server and fully downloading before playing
    Hence a delay now ?
    Who knows but its working & thats what counts how long for ?

3DBuff likes this.
  6. Verve

Verve New Member

No, I want the normal movie playback volume and trailer playback volume to be the same or about the same. If I increase the volume of the trailer sound, my movie playback volume will also be affected (ex. it gets TOO loud)

7. Verve

Verve New Member

I don't understand what you mean by volume control from zidoo will not be active during the movie? If it's not active, how else do I control the volume of the movie?

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I'm not in front of Zidoo right now but there is an options in Zidoo Quick Settings under audio to keep the volume at maximum all the time. Zidoo doesn't produce the sound, it has no speakers. Your other devices produce the sound like receiver or TV. The final volume adjustment will be at the TV or Receiver. You typically don't want to lower volume internal inside Zidoo player and boost it up again at the TV or Receiver.

Based on your CEC remote controls your Zidoo remote could control internal Zidoo volume or TV and Receiver. Set Zidoo volume to max as pointed above. When sending raw audio stream to TV / Receiver the Zidoo internal volume adjustment is automatically disabled. You want Zidoo internally at full volume all the time and adjustments made at TV or Receiver level to keep it all similar between different formats.

Note:
    Don't use programmable remotes like Harmony until you get it under control. Use Zidoo original remote and TV original remote to sort it out first.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  9. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I tried playing movies from WebDAV server I added in Media Center before but it just keep on spinning... Is this firmware version fix that?

10. OlivierQC

Let's say it's a different kind of dressing that Zidoo has applied.

And as you say, how long will it last ?

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Trailers don't time out with "This video cannot be played" message anymore. The time icon keeps on spinning and it keeps on poking YouTube until if finds the way :D

12. OlivierQC

Génial...

13. Hello guys, query happens to me with the previous version of FW and with the new update that I try to change the name of some movies and I get an error message. When that message appears, it won't let me change any type of data in the movie.
    PS: I forgot to mention that I am trying to change the name from the website

14. thecodingart

thecodingart New Member

I’m a new Z9X owner and this… this is driving me nuts

15. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

This update finally fixes the issue of the correct number of audio channels in the details and info screens. Before it always reported 7.1 for 5.1 tracks. I have tested a few different films and can confirm it now correctly shows 5.1 when playing a standard 5.1 track.

khollister and Sledgehamma like this.
  16. Verve

Verve New Member

The setting is called DirectVolume. I enabled it and yes, it worked. So thanks!

17. Yoram Ariel

Yoram Ariel New Member

Thank you! Did not work 100% after the upgrade, another restart and all is good.

18. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Most systems have zidoo to AV amp to sound system or TV. So the tv or AV anp remote controls the multichannel movie sound. The zidoo remote sound control only deals with simple stereo sound typical on most trailers. So on my system I have the zidoo sound control set at 75% that seems to balance with the AV remote sound. So it depends a lot on your setup. Trailer sounds are often all over the place anyway, sound are highly compressed, to sound loud, some are low level. I download all my trailers and tend to process the audio, for me a former sound engineer is natural for me, not so for others. So maybe if you provide a sketch of how your gear is interconnected we might be able to find a solution to suit your needs.

19. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yes, the Zidoo volume control only had an effect on those PCM audio files(which trailers are typically using, BTW) ... thus it created confusion for some people if they inadvertently had the volume turned all the way down.. they wouldn't be able to hear anything that used those PCM audio files. So a few firmwares ago Mark had Zidoo add the Direct Volume option, which will just keep those PCM audio files at the normal max output.

20. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

After every TV Show episode I watch, as soon as it goes back to the episode view in poster wall, it freezes for about 30 sec and I can't do anything. pressing buttons on the remote does nothing till 30 sec later.