Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. DzigiBau

DzigiBau Member

I have Z1000 Pro and cannot update online. Is this another firmware update which has to be done by USB method?

Mine tells here, that my Zidoo Z1000 Pro is up to date with v6.4.42 if I click Online Update button.

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Yes, you will have to download it on the first page of this thread and to use the local option to update through USB.

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

About Zidoo Control,

I can't get the English language...

I use the app on my iPad.

Is there a solution ?

4. Edworld

Edworld Member

@OlivierQC

Does this help?

5. OlivierQC

Thanks for your message Edworld,

I'm not sure if there is an f5 key on the iPad?

Note:

You have to use the back symbol in the address bar... no comment

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
  6. OlivierQC

First impression is pretty good, Zidoo did a good job, I'll make a video about the Zidoo Control for my YouTube channel.

I don't judge because it depends on everyone's taste, but for me, there is too much information on the main page with the title of the movie, the year and the ratings (stars and numbers).

I didn't see any options to disable them?

gymnos likes this.
  7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Just did it again and this time 50s. So maybe the server was busy.. possibly Bigpond here.

8. Motoxxx

Motoxxx New Member

How do I use the Web interface? Newbie here

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Z9X online trailers working again! Thank you Zidoo :)

First few trailers were very slow to start at least 30s. Than it got better over the time. It's around 15s now for new movie selected.

I also noticed that my 16TB SATA Seagate EXOS hard drive is not rattling seeking forever when in HT.

rockmeloman and B0RN like this.
  10. Netmask

Type in your ISP for your Zidoo followed by :9580
    As an example my isp
    IMG_1644.jpeg

B0RN likes this.
  11. Netmask

Yay! Logan’s run now has correct data…..

12. emb531

emb531 Member

Is there a way to scan sources from the web interface?

13. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

its because people like me download z9x, z1000pro, uhd3000 over tailscale wireguard, it cannot be helped!

14. Netmask

The new WebUI works well, even TVDB and TVmaze as data source can be edited. The proofreader in me suggests one a very slight titivation should be included on the editing page, the data scrapping source ie TVDB, TMDB or TVMaze or is it there buried somewhere? It would then match what you can see on the Zidoo page.

15. Netmask

Turned the hourly clock off, what a silly addition. Good to see Sydney weather is back working.

16. stephen mooney

stephen mooney New Member

Hi

I have figured out that I can add the word Movie and Trailer as separate labels for each movie in HT4.0 when you click on the movie via poster wall. What I would like is to have the movie trailer icon on the far right to change to the word trailer instead of the "take 2 board" . Does anyone know how to do this.

17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

No just my usual twice reboot etc
    Quite a few report trailers working
    The tick box ticked on trailers & 10 sec delay or ?

18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, weather function is working fine now. :)

19. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I tried to appease the masses and say trailers is working great, but it isnt. Why should it take 15 seconds , it did not when the feature was introduced eons ago: So what changed between now and today?

It seems is not streaming trailers at all anymore, They are scraping them and adding them to the database. They are using youtubedl, which is fine but they are downloading the trailers before playing them back which go through steps of download original format, convert to temp mp4 or other format. Are they keeping them in cache for that session or once it scraped and you reboot the Zidoo are they playing instantly since you already scraped them. Maybe someone has more knowledge of how they are implementing it. It's not great, either way. All of this is why I just use local trailers. Easy Peasy and Done! Either pay for Tiny Media Manager and scrape them for your entire library or set up some containers or python scripts to download some. The zidoo method that they are currently supporting reminds me of something stitched together and not professional in presentation. Full screen toggle still seams to be missing at least not without android shortcuts perhaps no accessible via IR / BT remote. ? Glad to see firmware dev going again, not much has changed though.

20. OlivierQC

Hello Delucas,

I waited a little longer on the movie information page and the trailers started.

I used to use the 3 second delay when this feature worked properly.

At best it's 15 seconds of waiting, at worst it's 25 seconds of waiting which is a long time when you are waiting in front of an information page.

The delay option is useless.

This is still good news for those who don't want to download a trailer for every movie in their library.