Beta version v6.4.60 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2023.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark, most helpful in both ways - never knew about the description "Vanity Cards".

I shall start a new "Poll" thread after dinner

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Just use "media center" which is an odd name for a file browser at the os level on zidoo, but anyways, that is what you seek. You can set the default app if you like to play so its one click like an Oppo203 / clone firmware. Otherwise , its Play file, Posterwall, or browse subfolders such as BDMV. Enjoy the simplicity. If you want to get frisky you can rename media center in custom skins to whatever you want using the xml file.

3. thivame

thivame Active Member

Je suis désolé mais soit ça ne marche pas pour moi.. Je vais éteindre et réessayer

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Has the data for the content you're trying to refresh changed on TMDB/TVDB? If not, you won't see any difference.

5. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

If anyone is interested.
    For offline trailers, I use yt-dlp with yt-dlp-gui. ( on github, a youtube downloader)
    YOu can past youtube links in it, and it will download them. ( even when there is an age restriction).
    The downloads are in webm or mp4. They work perfectly in HT4.

You do have to renamethe trailers to *-trailer.*

Dimasi and allisterfiend like this.
  6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I use JDownloader for YouTube.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  7. thivame

thivame Active Member

ok I'm sorry, you're right, it works, I tried it with a TV series.
    I thought it didn't work because for TV series (I haven't tried it for a movie yet) it's not done directly on the display wall, you have to go to the source and search for the episode(s) to log in again.
    So I'm sorry I said it doesn't work, it does and it's a big plus.
    It's just a pity you can't do it directly in the display wall (like when you mark the episode "watched") because it's a bit of a pain to go to the source, the series folder and find the episode...
    But already that it works it's great!

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Once you get the Poll set up let us know and post the link.

Here is my Poll for keeping the HT populated with movies when the source drive is disconnected. A lot of people would like to see it implemented.
    Link here.

9. ofir

ofir Member

If I want to see a trailer for a certain movie, I ask Google Assistant

10. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Not sure if your post is for me or Rozel. I like HT because it keeps all the files in one place, Media Center does not do this.

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

If you've read my subsequent posts then you'll know I don't need it given the way I store, name and sort my stuff

12. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

He's recommending using the Media Center but a bit modified and I think that's what you like using too so I wasn't sure who he meant to send it to. Alas, this is getting too coagulated. Lets keep using what we prefer using hehe

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

No worries, thank you :)

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

15. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I'm currently in contact with Zidoo support and they are trying to convince me that the online trailers run fine on the Z9X with the new FW, and I just have to wait until the UHD3000 version comes out...

It's no fun, several users have already confirmed in this thread that it doesn't work. I have sent the link to this thread to support, and after that they write that I just have to wait for the new FW for my player.
    To be honest, I don't want to install it at all, because according to the small changelog there is nothing interesting for me in this firmware. Online trailer was the only reason why I would install a new FW.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  16. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

So, IF you are right we must expect very sooon a new update somthink like v6.4.6x
    Lets wait and see...

17. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I'm not so sure unfortunately, they seem convinced that it already works.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Online trailer do not work using this firmware.

vddan and Bill-Z9X like this.
  19. Motoxxx

Motoxxx New Member

Hello,
    How can I reverse back to FW 6.4.42?

20. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

first back to recovery image How to flash Z9X (zidoo.tv)
    then install 6.4.42