Beta version v6.4.60 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

You mean on TMDb or TVDb?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, otherwise nothing has changed to update.

3. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Ok, thank you.

That’s great, especially for the TV shows when some images or the translated plots of episodes are missing when you scrape the first time.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

It was a serious question so I can understand - certainly not to cause any offence to those that like HT4

5. Markswift2003

It wasn't a serious answer :rolleyes:

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Any chance on having one? Or anyone?

7. ofir

ofir Member

ROZEL won't be able to sleep at night with ROZEL, no kidding

8. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

He was just messing with you - it was a bit of fun.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I know but my question was a serious one to @Markswift2003 and thought I'd get some insight in understanding, especially given the way I asked. Sorry whilst I fully appreciate he was messing, I really would like a serious answer, assuming anyone has one

Oldpainless likes this.
  10. Edworld

Edworld Member

One of the reasons you need trailers is because you don't know what the content on your hard drive is.

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Of course I do - I name my rips very carefully - and my question was a broader one concerning all HT4

12. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So you are wondering why ppl use HT4.0 and not the Film Player? Which I don't know what that is. But I love the HT4.0 Its got an amazing Poster Wall unlike any I've seen before on any other player. And I like that it combines all data from my 4 drives in one single place and creates collections and so on.

xskip likes this.
  13. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Have you checked out ZDMC 19.4.....just curious.

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And I wonder if anyone else does? I am referring to playback directly from the File Manager - the far left icon on the main opening page from boot

Poster Wall - so what?

15. Markswift2003

While I was pulling your leg, I also do think you're in the minority - most people seem to like a posterwall with posters, fanart and information.

Personally I'd hate to just chose a film from a plain list - when we go into the cinema it's a bit of an event and trailers are helpful in choosing a film - especially for wife and kids who don't necessarily know as much about the content as maybe I do. We'll often choose a film together from a trailer before going into the cinema.

But if that doesn't float your boat then that's absolutely fine, it's just that for the majority of us, HT is the beating heart of the device.

Imagine if Netflix was a list...

Darrin, vddan, Bill-Z9X and 3 others like this.
  16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So let me be clear on this. I love my Oppo, one reason, its got that movie list and file name, no poster wall or fluff. No tinkering with "oh I want to watch, no wait I want to watch that" looking at posters of movies and like somebody said watching trailers for 30 movies and end up not watching any movie at all. That being said, HT4.0 is just clean and amazing and works really well and unlike the Oppo it keeps all movies together across many sources.

So the file manager/ film player you are talking about is called the Media Center. Coming from Oppo, this is what i started using initially and not having to mess with scraping etc. but this does not allocate all your content in one place like HT4.0 and once I figured out the naming conventions, HT is a breeze to use.

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark much appreciated. Not sure I'm in the minority so I would like to undertake a Poll but can't find out how to do this. Could you or someone point me in the right direction please?

Not everyone has a so called "Cinema" and when family asks can we watch a film and we decide what, we don't need a poster wall for example

18. Markswift2003

By the way, those logo things at the start are called Vanity Cards
    That'd be interesting to see - just start a new thread and scroll down to the Poll options:

upload_2023-4-17_17-46-19.png

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@B0RN - I am aware of all you say but my UHD films are ALL on my Zidoo's internal drive, all others on a NAS - my Hi-Res music is housed ALL on an external RAID setup and other music on another NAS.

So I and family can access anything instantly

20. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

comedy is a cheap drug!

Markswift2003 likes this.