Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Well the next Chinese Holiday coming up in a couple of weeks is Ching Ming Festival or Tomb Sweeping on 5th April, lets hope we don't get a death notice for Zidoo :eek:

rockmeloman, vddan and Tarantula like this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I can't tell you much, but I can tell you that won't happen.

3. vddan

vddan Active Member

Hope !!! :cool:

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark, that's reassuring.

I'm sure we'll have a good surprise with a next FW full of improvements and new features

5. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Good joke. Five month and not even only one message is ridiculous and feels like a punch in the face of all buyers.

cVVGLabs, leviathan and rockmeloman like this.
  6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

They are not our friends guys,

This is a company that has so far been kind enough to offer some proximity to us on this forum or Facebook and offer FWs every 2-3 months usually.

I don't see anywhere that they have an obligation to provide FWs or news regularly.

I even think they are doing better than other companies.

Mark says not to worry, trusting him.

7. khollister

khollister Member

And always remember rule #1 of purchasing SW based products - buy based on what the product does today, not what is promised/hoped it will do in the future.

darkeyes909 and vddan like this.
  8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Hopes and expectations, that's all we have now :)

9. thivame

thivame Active Member

yes I agree but the problem is that he is not doing some of the things he was supposed to do

leviathan and ThomasP like this.
  10. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Five months now the have forgot us..
    I think the project is ‘dead’ for sure…:(

11. lanz

lanz Member

Time to reswitch to shield with kodi omega and it's flawless dovi/atmos playback (finally) and iso support. Unfortunately I don't really like Arctic Horizon 2, posters are too small for me, but we have proper trailer support and awesome livetv support.

12. Edworld

Edworld Member

If size matters, try Aeon Tajo

13. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

As mark already said, it’s not dead….
    so they fixed the red push on DV?

14. lanz

lanz Member

I was talking about micro jerks with some specific DoVi/Atmos files.

The red-push issues disappeared for me after I updated the TV firmware a long time ago now. For those who want to test on their Shield, here is the link to the latest version of Kodi with the latest improvements and the link to the file to test if you have red-push:
    I really hope to have another communication from Zidoo and I hope they are not under the threat of US sanctions or something. It is strange that they are switching to Audio only hardware.

Even mcbluna is worried!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  15. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

It's over and out. Otherwise, they would have made themselves heard. Time to move on to another manufacturer.

16. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

So does every one actually Believe on here that a company is going to give up on a Media Box thats gives them major $$$$ income for the last few years & not come with a firmware update or a Newer Model on the Horizon ?

17. ofir

ofir Member

I believe that even if Zidoo went bankrupt another company will buy the product and soon a new version will be released

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Nope ;)

darkeyes909 likes this.
  19. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

"So does every one actually Believe on here that a company is going to give up on a Media Box thats gives them major $$$$ income for the last few years & not come with a firmware update or a Newer Model on the Horizon ?"

They do their best at least by not letting anything be heard.
    There will undoubtedly be a new product yes, but the support for this box... I don't believe in it anymore and I'm certainly not the only one.

How long was a previous model (X9S) with updates planned from release?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with this box.
    Only be disappointed about the lack of updates and being kept informed.

20. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

They have never announced anything on here whats coming or what's next
    a bit like the company Apple & there new Products
    Secrecy against competitor’s etc i dont blame them.

We all know were well overdue a new product and they maybe busy doing software / testing for it as the 1619 chipset is now as such restricted going forward as such or reached its limitations ?

We may go for a fully fledged streaming box Netfilx etc
    who knows.
    And once out or announced a firmware will come for the Zx series but like all the older generations & like Apple support slowly gets dropped over the years or less so.

Im sure many will upgrade there older boxes as its approaching 2.5 years plus now ?