Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. The hd fury wil work 100%

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Most definately yes. I have never had a single issue with my Z1000 Pro connectivity or EDID wise. With the latter, I naturally take advice from @Markswift2003 as EDID stuff has been and still is a complete enigma to me. I questioned whether I still needed it after changing TV's from a Samsung Q950 QLED TV, for which it was purchased to get HDR10+ signals, to an LG G2 OLED TV. I made the personal decision to stick with the HDFury and again haven't experienced any issues at all, particularly sound-wise through my Yamaha AVR. Yes it cost a lot but never had a tweet from it, other than my HDMI cables are always coming loose! Put something on for example Top Gun Maverick and my room shakes lol and on one occasion, shook an HDMI cable loose, resulting in total loss of Video! Considering some use of tape to keep them in place!

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

BTW updating the HDFury's EDID could not be simpler. I use my Tablet to login to the HDFury and after downloading or receiving an EDID file, it takes seconds to upload it and see the effects on your display!

4. Edworld

Edworld Member

what hdfury do you have? I read Avrkey gets really hot.

5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

As a side question, does separting out the audio only to reciever result in any better quality sound? I feel like that it did on the Oppo 203 that has a separate HDMI out like the UHD3000.

6. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

As noted already, I've had my AVRKey for several years and updated firmware once (from a PC). There were early reports (years ago) of heat but mine is behind the TV, so I don't see it :cool:

It functions fine on the standard auto settings, with no need to input anything: DV to the OLED TV and full bitstream audio to my old Yamaha Aventage (non-4K).
    I purchased originally for my HiMedia Q10 Pro (when I got the 4K TV) and have now used it with the Z1000 Pro for over a year....

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Please read my signature - I wish more members would include these btw

Oldpainless, xskip and Markswift2003 like this.
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yep, it usually saves 3 or 4 messages and a couple of days...

Oldpainless and xskip like this.
  9. Normally no but wen your hdmi cables are not the best it can be better because it's better separately wen you use a good audioquest hdmi it wil not make a difference

B0RN likes this.
  10. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Will there be more updates in the future?
    Do you know when?
    Thanks
    Joe

11. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Anyway yesterday I did other tests and I found that I also have the problem on hdmi 1 and 2, not only on 3 and 4 as I said at the beginning, I don't want the Zidoo to be the problem in the end because it's him it freezes, basically freezes and below it writes "unable to play the video" and then goes back to the movie screen, i.e. the one with the poster......I've already reset it once, so at this point I don't know what Do....

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If it says "Unable to play video" when you start to play a video it means the video is incompatible with the Zidoo and if it does it part way through playback it usually means the video is corrupt.

13. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I am just going to say what everyone is thinking. Why did Zidoo stop updating firmware? Here is a company that has been on the leading edge of firmware development and has been quite supportive of dated models for many many years past their shelf life when it comes to android so this is very different from a consumer perspective. At least most stuff is functional at this point, but again, what are we to make of the delays. The leaks have stopped too which means likely nothing is out there in reality. I have supported Zidoo products since the X9S model and forward owning every model in a cycle including the X9s, X9s ourglass edition for Zidoo Partners, Z9S, Z9X, and Z1000 Pro. I cant afford anything higher than the Z1000 Pro and really don't see the need. do or did enjoy the frequent improvements in the Zidoo apps.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Don't let go of hope,

I'm sure that zidoo will surprise us with a lot of improvements.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I'm really missing online trailers :(.
    @mirror and Zidoo we need a way to make it work. API keys from own accounts?

mytich and nc88keyz like this.
  16. Edworld

Edworld Member

HT5.0 would explain the delay...

17. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello 3DBuff,

The best thing is to download them once and for all, that way you're safe

xskip likes this.
  18. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I settled on local trailers quite some time ago, Gave up hope. Use a docker chained to the 'Arrs

19. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Is this a thing? Is there any discussion?

20. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I've been using the downtime to explore Channels DVR. Quite impressive