Disable IR remote/change frequencies?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ursiel, Jan 27, 2022.

1. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Is there a way to disable the X9S from receiving IR signals from the standard remote?

I ask because I still have my old X10 in use for some stuff due to the built-in HDD, but every time I turn on one player, the other turns on too. I have the new bluetooth remote which I use for the X9S, but still, when I use the old remote to turn on the X10, the X9S turns on too, and then I have to turn it back off again with the bluetooth remote.

Is there an option in advanced settings or developer settings? I had this issue with multiple Panasonic blu-ray players too (different region players using the same IR frequency), but they were smart enough to have a menu option to change the frequency so one player can be set to respond to frequency/remote A, another player set to respond respond to frequency/remote B. I'm assuming there's isn't a way to switch frequencies with the Zidoos?

How can I get around this annoying issue?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You used to see A/B switches inside remotes a lot but in these days of IP control you don't see it so much - certainly the X9S doesn't have that ability.

I'd probably whip the back off and desolder the IR receiver but the easiest thing to do is a bit of black electrical tape over the circular sensor window to the right of the clock display.

3. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I definitely don't want to do anything permanent to the player, and I was hoping to avoid the inelegant "black tape" solution. Is there really no option in advanced settings to disable that as needed?

I hate it when multiple players use the same remote for this very reason. If you want to keep the old player around you run into this issue.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry, no - you could easily take the bottom off and slide something over the window from the inside.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

A remote controlled socket will do the trick. Just power on that player to be used. Cheap these days meant for lights but work for players too.
    Have 3 Zidoo players myself with 2 in one room. Even Zidoo and Egreat react on each others remote controls.

6. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

I recently purchased a ceiling fan with Led Light and 3 Fan settings, works perfectly with a remote.

However, there are 3 commands which are equal on the Cealing/Fan and the Z1000pro.

Resp. Powertoggle / Return / and number 1, so when I use one of these commands the
    Cealing light goes on, Return activates the Fan and 1 increases the Fan speed.

When I than use the Fan remote to switch of the Led Light and or Fan the Z1000p
    gets the poweroff toggle and switches off.

Yesterday I placed a Klik on Off switch on the powerlead of the Z1000p, this indeed solved
    these issue that when switching on the Z1000pro the Cealing Light would stay off, but when
    you than use the Return Command on the Z1000pro the Fan switches on and if you than
    hit the Fan off on the Fan remote the z1000p also switches off.

Meanhile received feedback from the manufacturer of the Fan, the remote frequency is Fixed.

I was hoping the same as the topic starter, that the z1000pro might have a hidden menu where you could change the remote frequency to avoid such clashes.

Ursiel did you meanwhile find a workable solution or work around?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  7. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Nope, no solution, and it's frustrating.

The best I could do was disable bluetooth in the old Zidoo in the android settings menu and keep it enabled in the new Zidoo. So now when I want to turn on the new Zidoo exclusively, I can use the bluetooth remote and the old Zidoo doesn't detect it so it won't turn on.

But if I want to use the standard remote with the new player, which has better illumination and more buttons, I have to first use the bluetooth remote to turn on the player, then I can use the old remote since the old player won't be on to detect the additional button presses. But I can't use it to turn the new Zidoo on or off or it will also operate the old Zidoo at the same time.

And if I want to use my old Zidoo, I have to use the old remote, which will always turn on the new Zidoo at the same time. Then I have to use the bluetooth remote to turn the new player back off. Then I can use the old remote with the old player since the new player is then off. But when I want to turn the old player off, the power button will turn ON the new player again at the same time it tuns OFF the old player, so then I have to turn the new player back off again with the bluetooth remote.

It's ludicrous. All because Zidoo didn't think somebody might have two models of Zidoo and therefore should have the ability to switch codes.

8. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Tks. for your reply.
    It is indeed very frustrating that you do not have the capability to change the Remote frequency of the Zidoo Mediaplayer.
    In your case it's even more frustrating since you have two devices of the same manufacturer, in my case it is a complete different
    device but still causing a hell of a lot frustration.
    Did some testing this morning, but eventhough my Logitech Elite can do almost everything, it is not capable to change remote frequencies.
    My option is not to use the Fan when using de Zidoo, but there should be a solution to these kind of issues.
    Some devices have little dip-switches which easy enable you to change the frequency of a conflicting device.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022