Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, VS10 does not affect frame rate.

2. Would you be able to provide the Kuro EDID you used?

3. renaropdalencar

renaropdalencar New Member

Hello there! I just watched a review of the Z9X where the reviewer said that the player isn't compatible with Dolby Vision Profile 7 which is the version found on UHD discs. Is that true?
    Also, his unit presented a really washed out image (see attachment).
    Is there any way to fix this washed out image when using a Z10 Pro with an LG C1? I would like to display the content as intended: SDR as SDR, HDR10 as HDR10, Dolby Vision as Dolby Vision, etc. My main use case would be .m2ts and .mkv 1080p and 4K remuxes.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

4. Markswift2003

The reviewer obviously hadn't got the slightest clue what he was talking about.

The Z9X plays all Dolby Vision profiles.

With Profile 7 the video essence of a Full Enhancement Layer (FEL) is not used since there is no second HEVC decoder, but since the RPU (metadata) is fully utilised, this is not a problem. This has been discussed many times on this forum.

If the reviewer was getting a washed out image he must have been doing something wrong - possible using VS10 incorrectly with old firmware although that's doubtful with a C1 unless he was messing with EDIDs.

Phil181, xskip and Mariusz like this.
  5. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I agree with Mark, this is most likely an old firmware with the wrong HDMI range.
    This can be seen in the photo, which is overexposed, whitish in the zidoo.

6. xskip

xskip Active Member

SpareChange from feb 2021, https://youtu.be/oefsQlYYcvY

7. Markswift2003

Over a year old, and no doubt old stock firmware even then - no wonder!

No idea why he was getting the lack of contrast though - that's never been an issue other than HDR/SDR VS10 in certain circumstances with the likes of Samsung and Philips displays where they don't support quantisation ranges - but as we know, that was fixed too.

xskip likes this.
  8. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

Hi,

I want to resurrect the idea of custom media labels. I know that Home Theater is now perfectly capable to analyze the media files and show the media labels accordingly. So for the majority of users this might be all they need and in fact, I have been asking for this in the past.

There are, however, cases, where either it appears to be impossible to detect the embedded codec automatically, e.g. Auro3D embedded in DTS HD Master Audio, or for features that are not part of the file itself. My application for the latter would be if a movie is supported with a D-Box Motion Code, which is not embedded, but downloaded on a PC based motion controller, so the Zidoo couldn't possibly know if a movie is supported by D-Box by scanning the media file.

It would therefore be cool if one could define custom tags, link an icon to them and
    a) have the icon show up on the individual movie page and
    b) have the option to filter movies by this custom tag (or any automatically added tag, e.g. Movies with Atmos and 4K resolution and D-Box Motion Code)

Since the custom tag would be part of the naming, I figured this thread could be the right place to post this...

Thanks!

Markus

Letmein likes this.
  9. JustAnotherOldMan

JustAnotherOldMan New Member

Hello everybody, newbie here o_O

I'm confused .....and for now maybe even a little disappointed ....
    Used a WDTV player for a very long time, which was feeding a TELEFUNKEN 4k (Vestel mainboard inside), bought that one just before HDR came up, so actually not HDR capable .....
    the WDTV couldn't play 4k, the Telefunken built-in media player often failed to play the subtitles, so, time for something new, Zidoo to the rescue I thought and at first everything looked fine, the Z9X played everything it was supposed to.
    next topic : real black ! so I bought an A80J, proper fellow for the Zidoo :)
    everything seemed fine ..... until ..... you might know what's coming .... I stumbled upon some HDR stuff ....no biggie I thought, got the best possible team, Z9X and a fully HDR capable A80J ...... but ...... huge disappointment, everything was way too dark....to shorten this a little: dug in the forum for several hours, tried everything I could find, nothing really helped, nothing came close to ...... SURPRISE .... to what the A80J built-in media player was capable of !
    tried a few HDR clips now ...... and the A80J built-in mp always delivers a brighter, all in all better picture .....
    there now might be lots of rolling eyes, murmuring >darn, we've been through this several times, this dork just hasn't set the right settings yet< but wait, my silly whining is gonna get worse ;-)
    no good HDR picture from the Z9X-A80J team ? hmmh, isn't the Z9X supposed to be able to deliver a proper HDR>SDR conversion !?
    so I tried to shove the HDR via the Z9X to the SDR Telefunken ..... same result, dark picture and weird colors.
    wait, nothing more to lose I thought to myself, why not feed the HDR clip to the Telefunken build-in mp, just to be sure this low cost discounter TV with this old built-in media player would fail even more pathetic....
    the bittersweet result: speechlessness !
    this old, only SDR capable discounter tv with the low cost built-in media player was able to give what I still, after hours of trying every setting, cannot squeeze out of the Z9X : an image that corresponds to the SDR version, now in 4k, no HDR of course, but brightness, contrast, colors, everything is ok.
    by now, I'm actually a little annoyed, this is not what I expected.... I do have a long IT Support history, so I'm used to hunt, dig and grovel for a solution, but I don't get it : I haven't had to study a Telefunken or Sony manual, no digging through their web sites, they simply delivered a good result, without any begging or fumbling or whatsoever....
    still hope somebody may come up with a hint to get at least the Z9X-A80J team optimized for HDR ...Thx for your patience.....

10. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Read Carefully and take your time with the settings:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...619-players-naming-file-updated-jan-22.82695/

Make sure HDMI Enhanced (toggle is per hdmi input) is activated on the HDMI input of the Sony TV that either the Z9X or the AVR passing through the DV/HDR10 signals to the Sony Display.

Set the DV Engine to auto and make sure player Led is defaulted. for your Sony OLED. You should get a beautiful picture on that display with the Z9X.

If all else fails and firmware it up to date on both Sony TV and Zidoo box, factory default the Zidoo, and then the Sony Display following that if not corrected.

You should be blown away with the results from this pairing.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Completely agree - that combination should produce beautiful pictures - The first thing I think when someone says "dark image" is HDMI range with the TV interpretting black below the correct value of 64.

HDMI luminance levels for video are 16-235 (out of 0-255) for 8-bit and 64-940 (out of 0-1024) for 10-bit. Conventionally this is always shown as "16-235" and sometimes called "Limited Range" which often throws people since they think "limited" means inferior in some respect which if course it isn't.

xskip and nc88keyz like this.
  12. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Yes all of that on HDMI range.

13. Cranks

Cranks Member

I've been trying to connect to my Z1000Pro from my Win11 PC using http://192.xxx.x.xxx:9528/ but each time I try I get this
    This site can’t be reached
    192.xxx.x.xxx refused to connect.
    I can see the Z1000 when I check my router for connected devices.
    What do I need to do to connect

14. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

that has to be a firewall or security issue. It's only protected by a zidoo password that you set the first time visiting through that port. I have it set up through a docker for access and it works fine. Also my notebook is on Win 11 as well. No issues.

Cranks likes this.
  15. Cranks

Cranks Member

I have tried again after a router firmware update and I am able to connect very randomly after setting a password for the first time.
    It's very hit and miss so I don't think I will be using this feature much at all.

16. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

[​IMG]

I am getting too old to remember all those ports , but I have no idea why you are having issues with those ports. With that said the web portal is kinda buggy , I often get frustrated with the posterwall web gui, and just use android dev tool while my wife is watching something. Just turn on the z1000 pro and launch scrcpy via command line. Works great for me. I use a docker called Organzr i to do this for my entire network.

17. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

zidoo.jpg

rozel and Cranks like this.
  18. xskip

xskip Active Member

19. Markswift2003

Interesting but not surprising - colour sub-sampling at 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 is completely non-standard for consumer video - it's part of HEVC V2 and the 1619 only supports V1 as far as I know (Main and Main 10 4:2:0 profiles).

Odd that the ATV does it but I suspect that's software decoding in Infuse.

Enet and xskip like this.
  20. Cranks

Cranks Member

That looks very neat, but I get the setup is quite the learning curve!
    How long did it take you to master this?
    I am an old fart that is looking for a simpler solution to control my HT and dump all the remotes!

rozel likes this.