New version v6.3.65 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Exactly. Once it's fixed though it'll be a very handy addition.

muha likes this.
  2. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

At the tempo the zidoo releases firmware update's and something isn't right it isn't that hard to wait if you also have a Dune player ;) where update's are as rare as solar eclipse.:D

Tarantula likes this.
  3. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I am extremely glad that I cancelled my Zappiti Neo pre-order. Zidoo's UI may not be as pretty as Zappiti but Zidoo offers a lot more features, listens & engages with their users, continues to add more features, and releases updates very often.

rozel and lawdawg like this.
  4. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Depends on personal preference , i disguise the zappiti UI looks more like an ancient T-rex , a lot of money for more of the same . Zidoo Ui is head and shoulders above the rest:p

Telectricity and Temearoo like this.
  5. This type of issues should be caught by QA with regression testing. We are beta test users, not QA.

Letmein likes this.
  6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Dodged a bullet here! I'm usually quickly all over a beta like a cheap suit but late to party!

rozel likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

Haha, yes, you did indeed :)

8. Cezary

Cezary Member

Btw. Why new firmware is released for Z9X firstly not for Z100o Pro for example?

9. Olsch

Olsch New Member

Because the Z9x is the best-selling and that means more feedback

Cezary likes this.
  10. vddan

vddan Active Member

In the end after installation, HT4.0 bug even more than usual, but nothing bad. Everything else is working normally! ;)

11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Actually I'm Zappiti user for many years and really like it very much (functionality and easy to use). The ideal device would be a merge between Zidoo-Zappiti both best services.

12. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I disabled HT as well in older FW versions, it always kept my NAS scanning for no reason.......and that managed to decrease my PowerLAN Bandwidth so I had problems to stream movies without noticing lags, the NAS showed 20MB 160MBit ? why that much? donwlink transfer just for this scanning process. So I do not use HT since then.

13. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I like/need to use HT and believe is an essential function of a media player device!!

14. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Is it broadly known that x5 is beta, as this is the first time I've seen it, and it's not published anywhere when the FW is released that it's a beta.

15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Releases are to be found here:
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/VEMg6VRC2+9KKmVViAFMcQ==.html
    Or wait for an OTA update.

Zidoo this year typically releases what I would call an Alpha version ending on x5 for Z9X only and next fixes side effects with that one with a Beta x0 release for all models. Unless you feel like a real tester stay way from those x5 versions for Z9X specifically.

Personal I keep a dedicated player for just that purpose and never bother going back.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    Six66Mike likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

No not at all.

All firmwares released on this forum are considered beta unless released publicly on the main site, for example here:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/VEMg6VRC2+9KKmVViAFMcQ==.html

Six66Mike likes this.
  17. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

I ask as I saw it on Facebook from the official page and it didn't mention beta in it anywhere. I would most likely be guided by these posts as I frequent there more than forums.

How long does it take for FW releases to be available via the player, which from I read I assume is OTA?

18. Nice Monkey

Over The Air (OTA) pushes don't happen very frequently. I would say twice a year.
    Recently 0n Dec 16th FW 6.3.60 was pushed which indeed is a good release and recommended to be used by me.

19. Markswift2003

It's all a bit random to be fair - depends which way the wind's blowing.

The devs tend to use OTA more to target test firmware to particular boxes by MAC address but I think that depends who's working on it at the time - it's often easier just to dump it on a Google drive - I sometimes get the impression my MAC address is scribbled on a Postit and they sometimes lose it :)

Six66Mike likes this.
  20. Nice Monkey

Also with this FW the Zidoo Controller APP can't still handle folders with more than around 1500 songs in a folder. Using the Front Panel or The TV with a remote this limit has been removed with FW 6.3.60 I think.
    Have several Top 2000 collections with gorgeous individual Covers per title/song. Looks great on a Neo Front Panel.