Chassis size

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by c4wiz, Nov 27, 2021.

1. c4wiz

c4wiz New Member

why can we not get the 1000 pro and up chassis to be standard rack size? 2U and include rack ears?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The UHD3000 is standard rack size but no ears.

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

The Z1000PRO is not promoted as having a Hi-Fi standard chassis by Zidoo, but it is true that having the option to install it in a rack would be nice for those who need it and the same for the uhd3000 which seems to be used in high end installations that usually have one or more racks.

I'm going to throw out an idea, maybe Zidoo could offer an optional kit in the next generation?

4. beast

beast New Member

Rack mount kit option is an excellent idea!
    I'm considering Zappity NEO only because of included rack mount kit(ears). I need it to build my perfect rack setup. :)
    It's hard to be a perfectionist. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

For some like me, larger rack sizes with ears is not an option - the smaller the better. Not everyone needs everything on show to the vararies of dust and "little fingers" or to just show off etc. I like mine built into a "Furniture Style" cabinet behind black glass doors. So I'm more than happy with the size of my Z1000 Pro - please don't speak for all when requesting Zidoo changes things like this.

muha likes this.
  6. beast

beast New Member

I did not mean we need only one rack-mounted model, but even UHD3000 does not have this option :)

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I wasn't pointing to your post - I would have quoted it if I was, just a comment from me to all contributing on this thread. Basically I don't want our living room set up like Tandy's (that's one for the, how shall I say, not for the younger members hihi) but I like to hear and see my files/LP's etc the best way I can, according to my budget. It's been a balance for me all my married life :)

muha likes this.
  8. DOC1963

DOC1963 New Member

Shouldn’t be so difficult for Zidoo to design a 2RU rack shelf with a custom “mask out” face plate similar to what Emotiva did for their DC-1 DAC. No need to modify the enclosure of the Z1000 at all. I’d purchase something like that in a heartbeat.

beast likes this.
  9. OlivierQC

Yes, I agree with you and propose it on their website in the page ''accessories''.

DOC1963 likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Zidoo don't make 19" kit, but what about a simple 2U rack shelf and if you want to go a little more bespoke, every decent rack manufacturer (Middle Atlantic as a prime example) can provide custom rack ears or custom bezels.

11. OlivierQC

It's a good idea but the price seems expensive

12. Markswift2003

About $20 for a rack tray.

13. Markswift2003

I use them all the time - this is an amp for my outdoor speakers sitting on a 1U tray and the top unit is a din mount with adjustable aperture - similar panels are available to go in front of trays but personally I wouldn't bother:

upload_2021-11-29_15-21-49.png

Here an STB (SkyHD) sits on a 1u tray:

upload_2021-11-29_15-22-43.png

And a squeezebox and some Crestron kit both on trays:

upload_2021-11-29_15-23-38.png

Stick some blanking grills in gaps if you want to neaten up and it's all tidy - very easy, and not expensive.

14. OlivierQC

I probably looked in the wrong place, thanks for all the information Mark.

Very interesting for those who need it

15. DOC1963

DOC1963 New Member

While a typical shelf would undoubtedly work, something like this is what I'd be willing to pay a fair price for. Emotiva charges $79.00 for this...

rk1_front.png