Home Theater 4 overview

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by 3DBuff, Sep 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. rtos

rtos Member

The Rename cleanup function does not delete files when I've used it. I've used this function 100's of times and it has never deleted a file. IF the file name in the source folder is changed then the folder will move up/down in the same directory. There are two options for rename/cleanup when you select it. The first performs the function the second gives a preview without changing the original file. A second window opens and allows you to see what will change before you commit.

For the posters once you search and scrape if you select the line item and click on it to EDIT then click on the Poster/fanart you can select different Posters/fanart. The NFO file will automatically change to the new poster chosen along with the poster/fanart.jpg in the source file.

Merging is nice if you have a large library of movies with different versions. I have many movies with a 4k and 3D version and it's nice to put them behind one Poster then use custom Poster to indicate this.

Extras is nice if you like all the extra stuff that comes with some .iso files. BUT along with those extras on the disk can be GB's of useless files that just take up space. With the extras you can create separate files from the disk and then just add what you want to you folder.

I've had mixed results using Collection in TMM some good but when Bad a lot of cleaning up. For now I just use HT to create a custom Collection and add a Poster that I get on-line or add my own.

ONE big advantage of TMM is when you scrape a movie or TV program and don't get a hit then you use the edit function of TMM and add the info and art work to the file. When you scan with HT it will be there.

2. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

I tested now the rename function again. And it works.
    I do not know anymore what was the exact problem weeks ago.
    Thanks, rtos, I wouldn't have touched that function anymore.

3. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

I remembered now why I didn't use the renamer of tmm It will remove the poster & fanarts of the collection:
    These files (tmm naming style) will be removed from the film folder
    <movie set name>-poster.ext
    <movie set name>-fanart.ext

4. rtos

rtos Member

I'm not sure what is going on with your system but below are 2 screen grabs of a file in my source. The First is the original source file and the second is the same folder after renaming.

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 8.30.17 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 2.10.20 PM.jpg

As you see no files where deleted. Only changes where to the source file name and the (1#4k) was dropped in the individual file names.
    I've been using the rename mainly to add the resolution and audio info to the file. But with the latest HT upgrade this is not even necessary now since HT will add this. You won't see it in the file name but will see it in the poster wall.

5. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

You do not have
    Planet of the Apes (Reboot) Collection-poster.jpg
    Planet of the Apes (Reboot) Collection-fanart.jpg
    These are the files I was talking about.

See picture of a dry renaming.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  6. rtos

rtos Member

The "Reboot.jpg" only appears for the poster art for the poster for the collection. If you have all your "ape" movies in a collection then you go to the poster for the collection and select to obtain a new image for the collection this image should be available.
    Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 4.33.23 PM.png

This image will not appear as an option for any of the individual movies posters
    I could not find a specific image for the fanart that says reboot in it. But if you select any of them it will be labeled as reboot fanart.
    I'm not sure how you got the reboot images in the folder for the "Dawn of the Plant of the Apes".

So I tried to recreate the issue you had with images being deleted and specifically using the example you posted above.
    I added two images and named them the way you had above.
    Did a rename and the images where deleted. So I did some experimenting on what would and would not deleted an image when renaming.
    What I found was as long as the file name, in this case "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" matches the name for the poster or fanart then when you rename TMM does not want two posters or fanart in the folder.
    It does not matter if anything is added prior to the "-poster" or "-fanart" . I tried adding prefix to the name "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" I tried changing the wording after "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" nothing prevented the renaming from deleting the extra poster/fanart. EXCEPT if you and something after the "-poster" or "-fanart". Example I have source folders with additional artwork but the images are named with"xxxx -poster (4k)" or "xxxx-poster (3D)" added. Theses images are never deleted. This is why I stated earlier that I've never had renaming delete and image.

I hope this clears up some issues.

Attached Files:

7. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

TMM is creating only images named "movieset-poster.jpg".
    So I manually copied these ones to "<movie set name>-poster.jpg". In this example to "Planet of the Apes (Reboot) Collection-poster.jpg".
    This is what HT is expecting. It seems to be atm the only way that HT is using a specific poster for collections.

8. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I am new to Zidoo and I am also a Plex user. One problem I have now is that I ripped extras (deleted scenes, interviews, etc) with Plex naming standards and Zidoo uses different standards. I have close to 2,000 unmatched files and a lot of wrongly matched ones. Manging them through a web browser is a nightmare as the screen refreshes every time I unmatched or rematched a file. For now, is there a way for the scanner to delete & exclude files with certain characters in it like -featurette.mkv, -deleted.mkv, and -interview.mkv?

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, but the first thing that springs to mind is to use Bulk Rename Utility to add the word "demo" into the filenames for these files.

https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/

So for example MovieName-featurette.mkv becomes MovieName-Featurette.demo.mkv.

Demo is a safe word and won't get scanned (or at least it used to be!! Try one file first to check!)

The other safe word is "Trailer" but obviously that's reserved for local trailers so don't use that or you'll have a shed load of trailers ;)

The naming convention for extras etc is in the attached file.

Attached Files:

AngryVirginian likes this.
  10. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

MovieName-Featurette.demo.mkv.

When you use this, you will have a new option named « featurette » on the details page, right?

11. Markswift2003

Not last time I looked, you need to use the A-B box naming protocol in the PDF for that.

12. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Ok, thanks.

So Demo will exclude the files from the scan.

13. Markswift2003

Yes - or it certainly used to - I haven't tried it for a long time...

14. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey guys

Found if you have it set at TVMAZE then when you have multiple series it doesn’t give you what series it is when scrolling through them but when you use TVDB that will give you what series you are on

TVDB
    TVDB.png

TVMAZE
    TVMAZE.png

15. CatScar

CatScar New Member

Hey! I have a question for the developers of Zidoo and in particular for Home Theater 4.0. Will there be added the ability to add a file to a collection without defining it in the databases? I have a video with a home wedding, outdoor recreation. I can create my directory, but I cannot put my video there. It is understandable that it cannot be found in databases and cannot be linked to information.
    So that I could do everything myself using regular HT tools, I only need to add one item to the menu - place it in such a directory without defining it. And then I can add at least posters myself. This can be done?

16. Markswift2003

You can already do that.

Either put the wedding video where you defined your HT sources or add the location of the video as another source.

Scan and of course the wedding video will not be found.

Then rematch to a dummy movie (<popup menu>/rematch) - choose anything you like as long as the video is then matched to a real movie.

Now you can go into the web interface (http://IP_Address:9528) and edit all the details - the title, description, poster etc etc...

17. CatScar

CatScar New Member

Fine! Thanks! Thanks to you, I figured it out. Eh ... There would be another button - to make a backup copy of the database :)

18. CatScar

CatScar New Member

I have one more question - a suggestion! Is it possible to somehow implement that HT from different devices automatically read the database and displayed the current collection. I have media players connected to every TV at home. Of these, 3 are Zidoo. One Z9S in the bedroom, one Z9S in the hall and X8 in the kitchen. It is very inconvenient to update the collection on 1 console, make a backup of the database to a network folder, and then download it on 2 consoles. A movie has been added and everything is new.... Will there be such functionality?

19. Byron Cox

Byron Cox New Member

Thank you very much!!! (and McBluna of course) HT3 is back again:)

20. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Why would you want HT3 ?

Tarantula likes this.