Home Theater 4 overview

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by 3DBuff, Sep 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

I set the permissions but for some reason it lost it. Certainly after the first restart.
    I did now several restarts - permissions are still granted. So I have no idea why this happened,

2. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

This happened today again. The app lost its permission :-(

I wish HT would support subfolders also for trailer.

I can use
    filmname.(#movie).ext
    \Extras\filename.(3#preview).ext
    \Extras\filename.(3#test).ext

and I get 3 boxes : movie / preview / test

But i cannot use

filmname.(#movie).ext
    \Trailer\filmname.(#movie).trailer.ext
    \Trailer\filmname.(#movie).trailer.2.ext

In that case the trailer won't be found.

I also had trailer (from youtube) which HT didn't want to play. It just skipped it.
    A workaround which worked for me was re-muxing them (mp4->mkv).

Is there a way to force HT to play trailer in the "right" order?
    I had
    trailer.ext
    trailer.2.ext
    trailer.test.ext
    and HT did not play them in the order I would have expected.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Try:

trailer.ext
    trailer.2.ext
    trailer.3.ext

I haven't tested because I only use one trailer, but that should work.

4. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

It still plays trailer.2.ext > trailer.3.ext > trailer.ext > trailer.test2.ext
    The order is not file name nor creation nor modify time.

5. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

@McBluna:

The app seems to lose the permissions sometimes when I clear the library cache.
    It does not always happen - but I am pretty sure that clearing the cache is triggering the loss.
    Today I could access within the app the disc (scanning source).
    Afterwards I cleared the cache (without leaving the app). That is causing a restart of the app and then it did not have any permissions anymore.

6. Markswift2003

The order seems to be numerical suffixes first then non-numeric alphabetical.

Try:

trailer.1.ext
    trailer.2.ext
    trailer.3.ext

7. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

This seems to work. I tried several scenarios.
    Even
    trailer.1 Teaser.ext
    trailer.2 Trailer.ext
    trailer.3 Trailer german.ext
    works fine.

But I have another problem. I use local images and a file structure like

filmname.(#Movie).ext
    filmname.(#Movie)-poster.ext
    filmname.(#Movie)-fanart.ext
    filmname.(#Movie).nfo
    \Extras\filmname.(3#Extra).ext

This works be creating a copy of the original nfo and adding it as

\Extras\filmname.(3#Extra).nfo

Otherwise nfo + (#...) won't work.

I had now a film which didn't want to show the poster & fanart.
    It only worked after I added

\Extras\filmname.(3#Extra)-fanart.ext
    \Extras\filmname.(3#Extra)-poster.ext

Is it suppossed to work so?
    I have this problem only when I use nfo & local images.
    Is it possible that (0#Movie) does not always get priority when images are read?

8. Markswift2003

Yes - you have to add nfo and jpgs for each version and/or file you add.

So for example here is my Star Wars -Episode 4 folder with two versions.

Notice JPGs and NFOs for each version, collection art and one trailer.

upload_2021-7-11_16-1-13.png

9. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

Thanks for clarifying this.
    And I tried to avoid double entries in tmm and moved some extras in the subfolder extras.
    Looks so whether this was a bad idea since i have to copy not only the nfo but also all jpg manually.

I always used
    filmname.(0#Movie).trailer.1.ext
    is there any difference in behaviour to
    filmname.trailer.1.ext

10. Markswift2003

No, same behaviour.

11. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

Which is the best way to force HT to re-read a nfo file and update the data?

Renaming the files would be a workaround. But I would prefer to avoid it.

12. Markswift2003

This is something I asked for a long time ago but unfortunately there's no easy way to update a database with new info.

You can "Clear Match Info" and rescan but that doesn't delete entries from the database, so the old values are used when you rescan. If you "Clear Match Info and remove from the Poster Wall" you lose it completely and rescan doesn't pick it back up.

However, since you use NFO files and if you have cover-art and fan-art for all your movies, including collections, you can clear a source in HT4 and then immediately rescan if you change anything and the database will be exactly the same as before with the exception of any updated NFO entries.

I use NFOs, all local artwork and I clear the database and do a full rescan on a regular basis for one reason or another.

But it would be much better to have an update function in HT4.

13. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

Okay - so the easiest way to force a proper rescan of one film is to rename it?
    Or will HT recognise that it was an existing film and will still use sometimes old data and images?
    (<movie> <title> section of the nfo)

At the moment I have problems with 2 films.

For one HT is using in some views the wrong poster (one which does not exist in my file folders anymore).
    But I found it in the local \.HomeTheater\Posters\ folder.
    Can I empty the poster, fanart, logo folder? Or can this cause problems?

For the other the fanart is not shown.
    And I hope that I can fix it by renaming.

14. Markswift2003

Yes, if you change names, that will rescan and use new data - just make sure you rename the NFO too!

The Posters, Backdrops and Logos folders in .Hometheatre folder are caches which populate when you access a movie's details page - this is the folder referred to as the "Poster Folder" in settings

However, and this is important, they should only populate if the file is from an online source (although there does seem to be some odd randomness here)

The problem is that there is no real database house keeping, so the database and image caches get full of obselete stuff and it never gets cleared. If you delete the .Hometheatre folder this can mess up the posters and logos.

If I'm doing a full rescan, I'll delete the .Hometheatre folder, clear the sources and rescan the lot - takes a few seconds, but as I say, when you have NFOs, local posters and fanart, the database returns to the same state it was before, including ordering, but without all the old baggage.

15. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Question regarding the latest version of HT4 that I currently use on my Z9s... I have been using the custom location for my directory/database for some time now....prior I was using storage at the source locations and the switchover to custom was a somewhat painful process as numerous titles had missing info, artwork, etc. At any rate, I assume with the information being stored on the Zidoo itself, that when opening up HT4, that the title artwork and fan art would load up virtually immediately.... but in some cases, when I navigate to the All screen, the artwork seems to take forever to load and display for each title... Is there a certain reason for this?

16. Markswift2003

The posters in the poster wall are cached elsewhere and don't use the .Hometheatre folder so that has no bearing on the poster wall itself.

However there is a nasty "feature" that crept into HT4 a while ago whereby the cache for the the posterwall is completely lost if you navigate to the Preferences option in settings.

So if you select Preferences and then return to the poster wall the whole lot has to repopulate and the speed of that will depend on the location of the artwork. It's incredibly annoying and I have no idea why it does it.

I use local artwork so have an empty .Hometheatre folder and all my art has to repopulate from the artwork in the movie folders which requires that he NAS drives have to wake up which takes a few seconds.

To mitigate this, stay away from the Preference option once you have it set correctly - options underneath Preferences can be accessed by scrolling up from "Child Lock".

The best location for the "Poster Folder" (.Hometheatre) is a Custom Folder in Storage on the Zidoo. You can create and specify a subfolder if you want, but there's really no reason to.

17. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

In tmm I can set the NFO format.
    Which one I should use? Does HT support the new Kodi format?
    • Kodi
    • Kodi / XBMC < v16

18. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

Do you know whether HT does support for collections also the standard naming of tmm
    movieset-poster.ext
    or only
    <movie set name>-poster.ext

19. Markswift2003

It's the same thing isn't it?

20. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

It would be for instance
    movieset-poster.jpg
    instead of
    The Maze Runner Collection-poster.jpg

I did not try movieset-poster.jpg yet on purpose.
    I know that I forgot to rename it in some folders and it did not work. But this could have another reason. So I tried to ask you before I try it again.