Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

I just check and DOWNMIX and it is not activated.
    Is there a modification in the edid that can help this issue?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok - is "Pass-through AMP compatible mode" switched on? If not, try turning it on - I have a suspicion this could be the problem...

The EDID already supports DTS-X fine, so there's nothing to add.

dr4go and Movie78 like this.
  3. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

You are the man, that works..

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Brilliant! :)

5. Pilislaw1956

Pilislaw1956 New Member

Z9X - hello gentlemen, can you add any other photos to the screensaver, apart from the original ones

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Try add on /sdcard/zddaydream

7. Markswift2003

I use the fanart - I copy all movieName-fanart.jpg from my movie directories into zddaydream. Works a treat.

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I bought the screensaver app Fotoo. It allows you to use Google Photos as a source for the photos. Also can use Google Drive, Dropbox. OneDrive or your local network

9. Pilislaw1956

Pilislaw1956 New Member

Thank you, I made it

10. Hi Mark, as usual I'm here bothering you and I apologize for that .... Yesterday, after a long time, I tried to check the calibration of the tv (probe and special software), with the DV engine activated on the HDR. To my surprise, I found it (the calibration) completely busted compared to the one I had run without the DV Engine ... Do you by any chance have any idea why or what can change on the grayscale with the DV engine activated? (for HDR only) ........ Among other things, I tried to recalibrate but, I could not fix the low lights, practically the first two steps, 10 and 20 IRE ......... Ok I'm a little rusty but, at least the gray scale !!!!!! There was no way ... Looking at the contents, I struggle to understand where the DV engine makes the difference, even if the vision is satisfying ......... With this I salute you and wish you a wonderful weekend, Andrea.

11. Markswift2003

So you're using VS10 engine on HDR10 content?

Are you outputting VS10 in Dolby Vision to a Dolby Vision TV or are you outputting HDR?

andreamusso.am likes this.
  12. Hi Mark, so, my tv, a Sony KD-65-XE9505 is compatible with Dolby Vision, so in the settings of the Z9x, I enabled the VS10 Engine only that it comes into action with HRD contents regardless of whether they are in DV, or not. (I'm still considering whether to use the VS10 Engine on contents that are already in DV natively but, for now, the situation is the one I described to you) ......... For all other content, i.e. SDR and 4K non-HDR, the VS10 Engine does not activate ..........

13. Markswift2003

Ok - I'm not sure at all why it won't calibrate and I'm certainly no expert in calibration, but with greyscale test patterns the greyscale will resolve right down to 64 for HDR displayed as DV, so it should work.

I assume you are using HDR test patterns?

14. Certainly I use HDR pattern (Masciola's calibration disk), certainly, The VS10 modifies the gray scale slightly, quite important in fact, it made me become the gray scale, from 70 IRE down with a Delta E (error) even of 6 o 7 .......... Now, as I told you, I changed the parameters and I have a Delta E of about 1 from 30 IRE upwards, the first two steps, there was no way ... If I tried to fix them, everything got busted again the gray scale. Now, as soon as I have time I want to see what happens by removing the VS10 if the old calibration is still optimal, or in one of the many upgrades of the Zidoo, something has changed in the video rendering of the Z9x ....... I have already seen this happen in upgrades of TVs and desktop players ...........

15. Markswift2003

I think the only thing to do is to calibrate like for like - what I mean there is if you are using an HDR10 calibration disk (and Masciolla's disk is ideal - I use it myself) then you must put the source in the same mode (HDR10) and calibrate to that.

So set HDR to Auto and calibrate to that because if you are outputting Dolby Vision you would really need Dolby Vision test patterns and that's not as simple as it sounds because of the different profiles and therefore different colour volumes.

VS10 HDR10 > Dolby Vision is always going to be a bit of an odd mode so once the display is calibrated natively to HDR10 you would have to decide whether the Dolby Vision conversion looks better than the HDR10 signal or not - it's very subjective.

I'm not sure why delta-e would be out at the bottom end but I can kind of understand it because we don't really know what the Dolby algorythm does to HDR.

In my opinion, on my projector, it looks better and my projector is calibrated using built in test patterns. I also think it looks better on my Samsung (Non Dolby Vision) TV using the LLDV trick compared to HDR10.

andreamusso.am and pcristi like this.
  16. Hi Mark, then you advise me, to calibrate in HDR 10 and then see if I like more the image with the DS10 Engine but with the calibration done on HDR10 with the Masciola's ........ Right? If so, I calibrate in a way, let's say "normal" and then I see ...... As always, thank you so much and I'm sorry again if every now and then I disturb you ......... I wish you a good Sunday (and when you cook it, a good pizza .......), Andrea.

17. Markswift2003

Yes, exactly.

I'm testing dough with a slow (2 days) cold fermentation now ;)

I also tried biga and will try a poolish and sour dough next...

18. Thanks Mark, best wishes for the experiments ............ Good day, Andrea. PS.:In fact, if you managed to understand from my links, there is a dough for 18 hours in the fridge and then out of the fridge for another 5 hours ........).

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Hey @Markswift2003 I received my new Z9X and I noticed that right after booting to the homescreen the Screen goes black for a second and comes up again, like with a resolution/framerate change.

My X9S does not do that, is that normal? Changed the resolution and tried locking it but this does not change anything.

20. Markswift2003

Yes, it's just an HDMI sync - perfectly normal.

Franconian likes this.