Home Theater 4 overview

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by 3DBuff, Sep 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. yofreak

yofreak New Member

Hey. Ive got my new UHD3000 here and got some problems with my tv shows. Adding movies to the poster wall works finde. But adding tv show (named after the show, after season and S01E01 etc) he uses movie titles for tv shows, or other tv show. I scrapped everything with TMM and on Kodi it worked perfect. But here im really disappointed. I deleted all *.nfo and let TMM write new one but nothing happened. In Kodi i could tell him these are movies these are tv shows etc. Why isn't that possible here? Anyone who can help me out?

2. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Or maybe you could do something like this: logo and description movie collection.
    I think the place is.

Attached Files:

McBluna likes this.
  3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Anyone who would like to participate the beta test please send me a pm.

Zwanzig likes this.
  4. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

hello, Would it be possible to validate the information HDR, DV etc ... directly by HT and not by the name of the file.

Letmein likes this.
  5. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey Guys

Just recently I have noticed when adding media to my library the order the player sorts it in the latest category - I added a film Allied (2016) to my NAS on the X20 it was at the top of the Latest added but on the Z9S it was at position 276 - I checked the other Z9S player, It was the same - This has happened on a few media files - all the players are running the latest firmware

Has anyone have any ideas why this happens ?

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@Johnwoto could it be caused by this setting?
    upload_2021-3-4_22-48-19.png
    upload_2021-3-4_22-49-25.png

7. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Thanks @McBluna - All players are set at Modified Time which is strange that they are different - I have changed them all to Added Date which seems to sort them better than the Modified Time

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've tried to get Zidoo to add another setting - "Created Date" since rescanning a library from scratch completely buggers up sorting by "Added Date" and unless you know how to change "Modified Date" to "Creation Date" in a whole bunch of files (which to be fair isn't difficult), "Modified Date" doesn't necessarily reflect the order in which you added movies to your drives either.

9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Ye I could see that happening - I have messed about with a date file changer program but that didn't seem to change anything for the order on the Zidoo

10. Markswift2003

So as long as the file creation date is correct (ie, when you copied it to the drive) you just copy the creation date field to the modified date field and then set HT4 to order by modified date.

11. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

When setting the players to Added date I have found that when adding an episode to an on going series it separates that episode from the rest of the series - then I have to perform a ReMatch on that series to bring that one together with the others - I have set them back to modified time

12. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

what program do you use to change the dates ? The couple of programs I have tried don’t seem to do anything on the zidoo

13. Markswift2003

14. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

15. Choufleuri

Choufleuri New Member

Hello All,
    I have a strange question for the community. ;-)

I have a lot of movies in different HDD, not enough space in my NAS.

My question is, is there a trick for HT to keep all the movies in database even if the HDD is disconnected from the Zidoo.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No. This has been brought to Zidoo attention. I think @mirror took it on his list some time ago. It was pointed out few times in Zidoo wish lists.
    I have the same problem. Few of my drives are remote cold storage connected to RPi. Those are older 3D movies. I don't want those drive to be online all the time. I can start is up as needed only.
    Kodi holds the database all the time even if the drives are disconnected until database cleanup function is initialized. Zidoo with Home Theater needs a check mark at the "Sources" listing to keep database alive when drives are disconnected. It would help a lot of us.

As of now no solution or workaround :(

gymnos likes this.
  17. Choufleuri

Choufleuri New Member

Many thanks for your reply.

I hope that @mirror will take into account this request, especially it don't seems to be a big deal to do.

Let's cross fingers

18. burton

burton Member

I would also like to add a few improvement suggestions:
    In horizontal and vertical view i would like to be able to click on actors, director and plot, just like in the classic mode.This is something very practical and useful and i do not understand why did they exclude those funcions from the horizontal and vertical view!

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It almost seams like the guy who programmed the classic mode quit. Now they have new programmers doing something on the side ;)
    We haven't seen changes to this classic layout for couple of years.

burton likes this.
  20. Choufleuri

Choufleuri New Member

Another question, why all my DVD iso files are recognized as Bluray. That's a very strange behaviuour of the HT4 internal mediainfo, not a big deal, but to correct in future update.