ZIDOO X20

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by DELUCAS, Apr 18, 2018.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

New X20 thread :)

2. dorszes

dorszes Member

Can't w8 for first tests of X20!

Just wondering if it could be comparable to shield...

3. DELUCAS

To the shield ?
    Ive had two shields and for movie playback it did not do it for me via Pic Quality wise
    Struggled to work if i was not connected to the net .
    Crashed often because of the aforementioned .
    And being a games machine also just did not do it for me .
    the X20 Pro is made for Movie Playback / Storage and Audio playback device.

So id say far superior in that department .

4. dorszes

dorszes Member

Well... I seen shield in action during fun with Kodi and I need to admit - it's really fast.
    Even searchig for sources (debrid) is much quicker than X9S so that's why I'd like to compare x20 to shield.
    But if U say u've been struggled I will think diffrent way then :)

5. DELUCAS

Agree Shield is fast has a powerful cpu etc inside
    But found Picture did not do it for me .
    ( My own opinion )
    and game side was not interested
    And wanted something that did not depend on the net to work properly .

X20 Pro is a diff beast and made for professionals for Movies and high end Audio etc

6. dorszes

dorszes Member

I wish i had live in China at http://www.zidoo.vn/ can see that x20 is buyable in Asia...

Regarding shield i do understand that this is gaming machine with possibility of playing stuff from kodi.

I love how fast shield with kod is...but as u Said... x20 is worthy to wait for it.

Of course all is about price ;)

7. moreaki

moreaki New Member

The site is in Vietnam, and I doubt you'd want to buy the Asian version, as they normally include different specs in hardware.

8. dorszes

dorszes Member

Never heard about differences between Asian and Europe hardware.
    So my excitement is gone now :)

9. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

So is Shield, along w/gaming secondarily. Wouldn't say gaming is the main selling point as gamers are better off w/XBOX One S/X or PS4. I have both Shield and Zidoo X9S, and Shield is more powerful (snappy) and 4K HDR playback quality is similar between the two. What Zidoo has that Shield doesn't is 3D MVC support. What Shield has Zidoo doesn't is premium apps (Netflix, Amazon, etc.).

With X20 (expecting a review unit), assuming Zidoo sends me the Pro version, I see the selling point as best-in-class audio playback w/the ESS 9038 DAC chip in it. SACD/DVD-A rips, FLAC, Apple lossless. Video performance-wise, it looks like both X20's will be no different than X8/X9S/X10 (which granted are already excellent players).

DELUCAS likes this.
  10. DELUCAS

No doubt the X20 Pro will be great with the Audio department etc
    They may grab a few sales but cant see it selling well if its for the Audio enthusiasts etc

They would be better off tweaking the x10 or X11 with board revamp , Oled Display front and cater for the Movie enthusiast not Audio and add Netflix support in 4k , Hdr10 + etc
    Go for ultimate picture Quality .
    Id order one if they kept the box the same .

and yes the shield flies i have two but im just intersted in Movie Playback so speed wont help to much in that department as such .

Id say more sales for the Movie people not so much for the Audio enthusiasts
    So cant see to many X20 sold but will see .

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  11. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Just like it's twin, the Dune Pro 4k Ultra... I'd be willing to wager the X20 never happens!

12. DavidWu5

DavidWu5 Member

Take a look what will show when you playing X20 Pro

rickavmaniac likes this.
  13. hifikid80

hifikid80 Member

much better home screen :D. any idea when is the new firmware coming to x10?

14. dorszes

dorszes Member

Well if You don't like to home screen u can install any android launcher if u want :D

But! You're right. HS looks good on it.

15. hifikid80

hifikid80 Member

i tried different launchers.. most of them are crap..can not use remote . settled with default , one of my biggest complain about x10 is also a home screen but it is changed now. hope backgrounds are user selectable

16. dorszes

dorszes Member

To be honest I have no idea how looks firmware on X10... but Im assuming that is same with x9s.
    If it is.. You can select Your own background... but personally i do prefer the older layout of HS.

17. hifikid80

hifikid80 Member

oh is the new firmware already available on the x9s? is it beta?

18. dorszes

dorszes Member

Got the latest 2.0.15 so the whole HS is black and white...

19. hifikid80

hifikid80 Member

have the 2.0.15 but home screen looks like old one, screen full of those big tiles.

20. dorszes

dorszes Member

Interesting... Don't have an access to my zidoo now so can't check if there is any way to setup the layout.

Will let u know after work when home.