New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. octavius

octavius Member

online firmware couldn't be fail because is checked before flashing!!

2. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Re-start unit. Even do a complete power off.

3. MrEd

MrEd New Member

Hi,

I´m new in this forum, I'am already an owner of DMP-A6ME and using my Synology DS1520+ as server for the Eversolo.
    I now using 1.2.50 without any problems. I'm playing from internal 512GB M.2 and over NFS relaeases, all working fine.
    Also I'm using Apple Music for streaming without problems. I'm totally satisfied.

MultiStream, Desmodromic and Fergus like this.
  4. Burki

Burki Member

With the current firmware also with Roon the playlist stops sometimes playing and is then empty.
    This had occurred never with former firmware versions.
    Surely I'm using no Wifi, but Lan.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
  5. Amnesiac

Amnesiac New Member

Wow - remote network diagnosis. I think that's a very broad statement esp when people have a distinct before/after scenario where they've changed nothing except the firmware.

Having used Android devices on a number of devices in a number of network sharing scenarios over time to Windows, Linux (desktop & NAS) and MacOS SMB implementations I'd be inclined to blame the Android platform underlying the EverSolo for the occasional network glitch or even an all out inability to see something on the same network. This observation is as equally unscientific and unsubstantiated as blaming the end user of course but is at least based on my experience.

6. Trebz

Trebz New Member

So far so good after 1.2.50 update on my DMP-A6 Finally able to use Roon with DSD up sampling, and my Geshelli J2S DAC. No issues streaming Qobuz, AppleMusic or playing local files off the M.2 SSD. Very cool to see more features added.

7. GeNeRiKz

GeNeRiKz Member

Hello everyone!

New to the forum (lots to read and catch up), after finally handling my credit card out for a DMP-A6 that I received a few days ago.
    I'm another user of VOLUMIO on RPi who got tired of the bugs/crashes/endless reflashing/etc.

And I really, really wanted this rare HDMI multi-ch PCM/DSD output !!

Promptly requested to upgrade to 1.2.50 at the first boot, which I obliged to.

I've been (gently) torturing this device the whole weekend and, as expected after researching the functionalities before the purchase, there is a LOT of good there!

Among good surprises:
    • DTS CDs support (EverSolo said "not supported" when I emailed them before) => no need to decode/re-encode in Multi-ch FLAC, just FLAC the dts tracks.

• SACD ISO support (no need to rip 2.0 and multi-ch DSF separately) => image shows as 2&6 ch
    • If the USB DAC (further right in digital outputs options) is powered off for 2.0, A6 will default to the HDMI output in 5.1, perfect for me

• Android App on Windows (via BlueStacks) work very nicely - this is for me the equivalent of the VOLUMIO GUI Browser remote access

• Silence padding (in ms) to give time to the USB DAC to switch and play without a start gap (set around 450ms for my DENAFRIPS)

Now for the current issues, they might have been mentioned in another thread before.
    In that case, please redirect me towards the right topic, and accept my apologize in advance.
    • Name sorting is not always correct.
      For example I rip CDs with AEC and, in case of multi CD releases, call files 1-01 aaa, 1-02 bbb, ... , 1-10 yyy , 1-11 zzz
      But the A6 will not sort them in that order, more like 1-10, 1-01, 1-11, 1-02, etc.
      Files were created sequentially but the "sort by date" fails as well.

• After playing various formats/sources/etc. the track details will vanish from display (but not from the iOS app).
      It shows (for ex) PCM 44.1 kHz in the middle but the whole section above is empty.
      It requires a reboot of the A6 to clear, so definitely a software bug.

• Last issue is more tricky (HDMI handshaking)
      I manage to find online several cases of A6 confirmed to work USB with DENAFRIPS DACs, and it does.
      But I couldn't find anyone using an OPPO UPD-205 (or even BDP-105) with HDMI IN for AUDIO multi-ch.

And it seems that HDMI handshakes between the A6 and the 205 are... quite rough.

(In FLAC/DTS mode)
      If the OPPO is started AFTER the A6, it won't play. Track will play at high speed (few seconds for a few minutes of track length) but no audio goes out.
      Starting the OPPO before the A6 fixes this.

(In DSD)
      Lots of glitches and random noises, sometimes the DSD 2.0 will also have glitches, sometimes not.
      DSD 5.1 is very hard to sync correctly -- only managed to get it working one time so far.

(In DoP)
      No more glitches there, the 5.1 DSD reaches the OPPO as "LPCM 5.1 176.4k".
      Seems to work every time.
    I know that one is a hard one because OPPO firmware won't get an update... ever.
    So my only chance is with EverSolo!

8. GeNeRiKz

GeNeRiKz Member

Very cool, thank you!

Also gives access to other attached storage such as HDD over USB.

Then give it a Drive letter (on Windows) and now you can automatically update your attached storage or internal SSD whenever needed (using, for example, FreeFileSync).

9. DJpower

DJpower Member

A friend in Korea shares a situation he is experiencing.

"EverSolo dmp-a6, which I used well, does not work well after updating to the latest firmware 1.2.50.
    I am using it by connecting it to an amplifier in USB external DAC mode. (tenor dac - te7022l)
    When I play music, the playback control bar skips every few seconds and the music doesn't play.
    Sometimes music comes on and then cuts off again, and the same thing happens when I play other music.
    Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, and Lidio are all in the same situation.
    It just passes by, skipping a few seconds at a time, as if buffering is occurring, and sometimes music plays for 2-3 seconds.
    It's stopped again
    Strangely, some streaming music plays back and forth within the same album, while others do not play.
    I tried factory resetting and reinstalling firmware 1.2.50, but the situation is the same."

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Maybe we can stop cross-posting?!?!?!?

RolandG likes this.
  11. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

Interesting how this firmware V1,2.50 is panning out. I don't know if it's just me but the genre search option appear to have disappeared, not that 4 choices was much to begin with. Also my DMP-A6 wanted me to re-add all 4TB (some 30, 384 tracks) of music back to the library. Why? This takes a long time even from the internal SSD. I can only imagine this taking a lot longer over a network from a NAS or an external USB mechanical HDD.

12. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

I've already written about it, but I'll say it again. UPnP does not work properly, since version 1.2.50 there is no access to resources, not all folders are visible and if they are, they are empty. SMB also works very badly. You can somehow navigate from the device panel or via CAST, but the application itself causes terrible delays. Sometimes it takes a dozen or so seconds from clicking on the folder to entering it. Drama

13. Remik

Remik Member

14. Remik

Remik Member

15. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

@Remik can you please write in English...? It's an international forum.
    Thank you.

Czy możesz napisać po angielsku?
    Dziękuję

Matild likes this.
  16. Remik

Remik Member

17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Thank you.

P.S.
    If you start typing your text AFTER the quote end marker, the [/QUOTE] so to speak, it will be better. Actually, it will be the correct way of doing it.

Matild likes this.
  18. DJpower

DJpower Member

Sorry I wanted to resolve the issue quickly. I will delete other posts

19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

FYI cross-posting will not hep you solving the issues quicker; but most probably the contrary. And it's very impolite.

20. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

Understand. I have a Synology NAS at home. LAN connections to the entire home network (ASUS routers working in mesh). Until the software update in Eversolo, everything worked as it should. After update, UPnP problems with SMB. You think I haven't tried LAN in addition to WiFi. It's always the same. Everything in one network. Addressing ok, routers assign a fixed IP (DHCP configured so that a given MAC always receives the same IP). There are two Yamaha devices with MusicCast at home and they work properly. So it's not a network issue.