Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. KJC

KJC Member

Mark, the extreme heat issue of my z9x pro is reduced to a great extent after installing a cooling CPU fan.

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to the new OTA?

3. Robert17

Robert17 New Member

It's already the end of the week and there is no next version

4. Robert17

Robert17 New Member

Sorry. It's already the next end of the week

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not a clue although I did throw a bunch of issues at them after that...

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You absolutely shouldn't need one - I think you're screwing your USB voltage regulators into oblivion. Try disconnecting your external hard disc and see if it cools down.

There's no good reason a Z9X should get noticeably hot.

KJC likes this.
  7. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Latest type of issue with same files it played fine before... After a few restarts, it came back to its senses, but not sure what was this about.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
  8. limitz

limitz Member

Do you just complain on every thread? Get a Chromecast, Shield Pro or Apple TV. Hell just play off your disk player. I'm sure you'll be a lot happier.

For me this has been a huge improvement over the Shield Pro. I have a remux of almost every UHD film that exists, no issues playing any of them so far with VS10.

9. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

What is your problem? I bought a product and issues keep piling up, what do you want me to do, roll over like you and say "hey, others are worse"?

10. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Switched over to LLDV and the brightness issue is fixed. TV-LED DV seems to be broken at least in terms of luminance.

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Mine was locked up last night when i went to play it . temp was 39 degree thou room temp was 30 wasnt helping matters
    Power restart and all fine and temp dropped back to 34 and stable playback all night

12. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

That looks like a possible HDMI cable or connection issue... reseat cable ends and/or swap with another cable is the obvious simple thing to try first....

13. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Thought the same, tried to reseat the cable and did nothing. It just started working again by itself.

14. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Gotcha... well HDMI cables can go bad... it's rare, but it does happen.. .I would swap it out and see how it does... then if it still happens, try another input on your display if possible.. to try and isolate the source of it.

Azreil24 likes this.
  15. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Yeah, will test that also if it happens again and will switch the cable. Thanks for your help.

16. KJC

KJC Member

So i tried connecting USB 3.2 stick to my Z9X pro...again after a couple of hours I noticed the heating issue....also noticed extreme heat of Pen drive....unplugged it and it was very hot..:(

There might be a chance of my device being faulty. I would like you to explain me how can I get my replacement device. It's under warranty and I bought my device from melodymedia India. The main branch can help me get a replacement?

17. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Definitely, you send a claim to your supplier and while device is under warranty, they have to take care of the issue.
    I've got my Z9X Pro with an usb3 hub (plugging 3 HHDs and 4 SATAs) with no heating issue at all, all connected to usb3 port

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
  18. KJC

KJC Member

How many of the zidoo users think that zidoo should provide "voice search option" in future releases?
    Typing takes lots of time also is very frustrating task going through each letter.
    Is there any other better option for existing user to search a movie or a better user friendly keyboard?

19. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

Guys I have a Z9X non pro zidoo, and since the latest firmware I can’t download any Portuguese subtitle, English works fine, but when you search for Portuguese subtitles it shows the message “search for subtitles failed”.
    Anyone can confirm if the Pro version have the same behavior as the non Pro version regarding this problem?

20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I do expect a new firmware few days before Chinese New Year, right before Sat Feb'10 ;)