Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

You have to use the automatic rename function and do some other settings.
    Maybe @Markswift2003 has a tutorial how to set it up ?

2. supermood

supermood Active Member

my idea is to go away from apps you have to use separately on a notebook. tiny works great but it shouldn't be needed anymore.

I have a empty server running for identification and renaming and it never had one single error. others use arr software and kodi or plex...
    if I scan my server (on emby not one single problem) with ht4, I'm looking at a bad joke.
    4 different pictures for a show separated per season or half seasons...

I reported this bug like 20 other months ago. might it be more important than other or not (imho it's somewhere in the middle) - my problem is still that there is no communication at all about

1. noted
    2. understood
    3. reproduced / confirmed
    4. priority / working on it / not working on it
    5. timeline!!!

selling something that is (without any question!) in some kind of beta development without a clear communication and commitment is a shame

Azreil24 likes this.
  3. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Doesn't seem to work as expected either, at least with the free version. There is also no guarantee it will work if I buy the Pro version either. I did the same with Filebot and for nothing. Having to pay for other apps to do what the Zidoo should have been able to do from the get go is not OK, especially as I can find the correct shows manually if I search for THE SAME title that the file has. It's a bit idiotic sometimes with how this was programmed. That Intelligence mode is not that intelligent it seems.

I used Tiny Media Manager with one series and it failed, although I already have them correctly renamed by Filebot. It got only one season correct...

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I assume this is about file names?

The old adage SISO applies.

5. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

Will the V1.0.70 firmware (whenever it comes out) also be for the Z2000 Pro? Or just the Z9X Pro?

6. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

for the whole range

Unclejoshc likes this.
  7. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I think so. @Azreil24 said:

I wanted to help him. That's why I recommended tinymediamanager to him. Because I use it and have no problems with Home Cinema 4 that it doesn't find my content correctly.
    It works great for me

8. Markswift2003

Yeah, TMM is very good - I don't use it personally, but it works very well.

But then so does HT4 if you name the files sensibly. I've always reckoned on about 95% accuracy with most of the errors being due to HT4's weird inability to cope with numbers.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  9. darky_zidoo

it just needs a name and a year...if you clean up the name...you have good hits in HT4

10. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

I already did that and it's still bad when it comes to series. I matched them by TMDB in Filebot, nothing, I matched them by TVDB, nothing, still had to go with manual setup. Now I paid for TMM as TMDB was the only one available on the free version and it still suked with matching some series. I matched the troublesome ones by aniDB, IMDB, HT4 barely started working on picking up correct seasons, but I get no episode thumbnails recognized. For backgrounds I had to do manual uploads. Having to jump through all these hoops and pay extra for other software to do this just shows how bad the software is. If Plex can do it, for FREE, without having to do special naming schemes, with the same TMDB source, there is no excuse for Zidoo to not be able to do the same.

Plex matched the movie correctly even when the file was freshly ripped and it had a title like title_t00.mkv (or whatever was the default track number that MakeMKV gave it).

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  11. darky_zidoo

how does it know from title_t00.mkv what it was? was the movie tagged bij makemkv?

normally it finds my not cleaned movies also...but I prefer TMM.

12. Markswift2003

I know a lot of people include the year but I think it's prudent to only include it to remove possible discrepancies between movies of the same name released in different years - eg. Ghostbusters.mkv and Ghostbusters (2016).mkv.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  13. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Not sure. By folder name most probably.

14. Markswift2003

If it's MKV or ISO it's the filename.

If it's BDMV it's the folder name

15. supermood

supermood Active Member

yeah the year has to stay. cannot be the problem for a correctly programmed tagging software. ht4 has to learn that. every other software I know is able to use it without error. especially because of your example it's needed..

with 1300 movies I have only 3 not recognized. I can live with that.

with 100 shows I have about 300 pics for shows and 400 not tagged files. after I cleaned up manually.

I cannot live with that.

naming convention is the same just additional season folders.

I have not one issue in emby clients or via other access in my network

16. supermood

supermood Active Member

and I've tried most possible combinations in the settings. as mentioned earlier by someone. smart is here not really smart...

17. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

I know for a fact, happened multiple times, that Plex recognized movies that were only named something like title_t00.mkv. If it did not do that based on folder name, as you say, which was the correct movie name, that is even more impressive.

With Plex I only had issues with my Tom and Jerry Golden Collection, but even so, I clicked on match, only had to select the correct match from the list, was the 3rd in the list, and that was it, all episodes were matched correctly. With HT4 I had to manually match each episode, nothing worked. I test now with TMM and it doesn't recognize it properly either. HT4 was never able to correctly match my The Man From U.N.C.L.E. copy, no matter the naming scheme. Searching for it manually, same name, it found it, so it's a mystery why it couldn't do that automatically. And multiple other examples, while with Plex it recognizes it without issues. It recognizes titles even based on those torrent specific naming, while Zidoo failed half of the movies and that is when I started the file renaming saga, as before Zidoo I didn't bother with how I named them.

18. Markswift2003

I don't use Plex so can't comment, but I use Jellyfin and HT4 and I have tested TMM.

For movies do movieName.mkv (or movieName as a folder name for BDMV structures) and for TV series do seriesName - SxxExx.mkv.

If there are illegal characters (eg : / etc) in movieName or seriesName then just omit them eg. Mission: Impossible would be Mission Impossible.

19. Creator44

Creator44 Member

Ended up updating to 1.0.70 internal beta today and so far all is perfect now for the TrueHD stutters on my end too! :)

I did not watch anything long so far to see the remaining occasional stuttering bug.

20. Majoha

Majoha New Member

I have the older model zidoo but i think the scraping of movies and series are the same. I have almost 18k files and rarely something is in unmatched. When i do have some it takes 30 seconds to manually rematch it. Also it rarely happens that a new season of a serie comes out seperate from the rest and that is 10 seconds to manually combine them. (learn to press and hold the ok button)

Series map name for example: “walking dead S01”
    Episode name: walking.dead.s01e01
    Movies map name and/or file name: moviename.year