DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

It is strange that it was never clearly requested in this thread.
    Please add AirPlay lossless support

den16410 likes this.
  2. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

I’d just like to have a CD lookup that works as well as it does when I put a CD in my computer. The one Eversolo uses only seems to recognise mainstream artists. I mainly want to rip the CDs in my collection that aren’t on Qobuz

BBanzai likes this.
  3. Farscape

Farscape New Member

Would really like to be able to Import Playlists.
    All my music is stored on my synology nas. I have created playlist of my music on my nas, i can play said playlists on my yamaha rx-a6a, on my nad c700, on my sony tv, shieldtv, laptop. you get the jist.
    however i cannot play said playlist on the dmp-a6 as it does not reconise them. even if put the playlist on the dmp-a6 it just has a question mark againest it.
    i find it really difficult to recreat my playlist via the app. as i get lost jumping from one folder to another. thats if the app doesnt crash and refuses to add some tracks too the playlist. so i have had to add all of the files from each folder then edit the playlist so that i dont get 10 songs of the same artist playing one after the other. shuffle doesnt really shuffle them enough.

4. fulong

fulong New Member

As posted in the v1.2.37 thread, it would be nice, to have the albums of the artist sorted by release date, as a alternative to the (for me useless) alpabetical order.

HelmutHarnisch likes this.
  5. Berico

Berico Member

Dear Santa Claus, I have been good, for this year I ask you for direct qobuz control, so apart from listening I also have all the extra content available.
    I know you're very busy with EQ crazies, but I hope you can find the time. I hope you're well, I'll talk to you next year.

den16410, Mikeees and Jone1973 like this.
  6. Remik

Remik Member

Will there be a YouTube app?

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

You can side-load it...

8. Remik

Remik Member

I failed and the YouTube window kept turning off

9. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

I'm not sure if this has been raised before but if there was a feature I would like to see added it would be something like "Roon Radio" which keeps the music playing based on the last piece played. Ideally I will be weaning myself off of Roon but this is a feature I would miss. Playlists are not for me, I prefer the anticipation of what's coming next but then Random is too random! Here's hoping it's possible.

den16410 and Bergholdt like this.
  10. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Other apps have this which is sometimes called ‘Artist Radio’ / ‘Create Station’ but often they just create a playlist (on the fly) based on what other people listen to or info they have on similar artists / tracks.

I have used www.lastfm.com since 2005. This was one of the first websites that collected info on listener habits and could suggest ‘similar’ music based on this huge database. I have come across many new artists / albums by using that website (in the past. Not much lately).

Today, they call it curated playlists (on streaming services) but I doubt that many humans are actually involved.

It’s all AI now.

But then again, there are plenty ‘real’ radio stations out there who specialize in specific genres. But of course, the streaming quality is mostly very poor.

www.somafm.com have some good channels. No ads…

And there are also a few hi-res radio stations out there.

Miki222, Fergus and Nutul like this.
  11. nerolpe

nerolpe New Member

I would like to request a stand by on the eversolo, once you turn it off you have to turn it on with a button and it is no longer accessible from the application.
    It should be able to be turned on from the application either with a standby or with wake on lan.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
    den16410 and 1piotr13 like this.
  12. Chris Wu

Chris Wu Member

Would like to request that the UI display "comment" of the mp3 tag..
    cuz for various artists album tagging, the actual artist are set in the comment, so would like to see this..
    this is how I do the tagging to prevent mixing of albums in folder.
    upload_2023-12-25_6-50-35.png

13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Your request is legitimate, BUT you need to know that there are specific tags in the metadata that are meant to address this: Artist (the performer of the song) and Album Artist (the Artist the album is mainly referred to).
    Try to tag one album accordingly, and see what the A6 can come up with. Of course it may wall be a bug / not properly handled feature.

zipe and Chris Wu like this.
  14. Chris Wu

Chris Wu Member

maybe I shld have added there are other purposes beside using for VA albums, like other... informations, album name of selected songs in compilation.
    Also my Sony & Fiio DAPs would produced multi album from this tagging method.
    \

15. DJpower

DJpower New Member

16. 1piotr13

1piotr13 Member

I would like to have option to change the color of the volume wheel.

billymac likes this.
  17. Remik

Remik Member

18. zipe likes this.
  19. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

maybe we should ask Apple first to make a lossless Airplay

Nutul and ammar11 like this.
  20. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Yep, I don’t know how many times it has to be said, AirPlay doesn’t support lossless, it has nothing to do with Eversolo.

Nutul likes this.