Sideloading streaming Music APP's: Aggregated list!

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Nice Monkey, Jul 10, 2023.

1. here you have older versions of the app

https://apkpure.com/jazz-music-radio/com.audioaddict.jr/versions

I randomly tried version 4.8 and opened. With the last version I had the same behaviour you described, white screen and crashed.

I hope this helps!

2. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

So good news/bad news...That version worked...It loaded...Looks great...

NOTHING PLAYS...It displays the album art like it's doing something, but that's it!

3. Well, keep trying with older versions? Maybe with the oldest first?

Otherwise, as I said before: sometimes some apps just don't work on the Eversolo :(

4. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

THANK YOU!!!!! I finally got it to work!!! I really appreciate your help!

Kusalajoti Lens likes this.
  5. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Hey. https://aptoide.en.aptoide.com/app Go here and install this app - it's an alternative app store that'll let you download (&update) apps to your device. I'm not familiar with the app you're looking for but downloaded the top result and it opened.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Termux (squeezelite) is working too. Playing through the android audio interface though.

7. coolgen

coolgen New Member

Version 5.0.0.10101 worked for me.

Delpo74 and Nice Monkey like this.
  8. Stuj

Stuj Member

Thank you for mentioning this, I think this might be my replacement for the music app, Ive got it connected now to my Plex library now just using the music app for Hi Res , surround and SACD ISOs

9. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

I got it...THX!!

10. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Glad it's working well for you. In case you're wondering how to purchase the app - since the A6 doesn't have the Play Store, you can make a donation to the developers kofi page and then send him a pm with your trial ID on his support forum and he'll update your app to an infinite trial. Details here, https://support.symfonium.app/t/authenticating-a-license-without-google-services/1603
    I'm really delighted with this app.

11. Path8022

Path8022 Member

AntennaPod
    Audiobookshelf
    Newpipe

All working as expected.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  12. Path8022

Path8022 Member

@Nice Monkey Hey. Thanks for adding those last three to the list. Just a nudge to add Symfonium from earlier in the thread. Definitely the best third-party app I've tried so far. Supports local playback, Plex, Jellyfin, Subsonic and some others. Somehow is using the EOS audio engine for hi-res playback. Looks beautiful on the screen too!

getScreenShot2.png getScreenShot.png

TSO likes this.
  13. Stuj

Stuj Member

Thanks, yes i was wondering about how to pay for this…. I do wonder if i can use the Zidoo z9x to download and pay for this, then transfer the app to the Eversolo ?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
  14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You are right. Missed Symfonium but has been corrected.

@Markswift2003
    I must say it is becoming an impressive list. There are a few very nice ones. May I ask to pin it? I think in fact it may widen the scope of deployment for this streamer. Even some ideas for bundling by Eversolo.

15. Nice Monkey

Many paid for app's use the Google Store to verify it is registered even after payment.

16. Path8022

Path8022 Member

You can make a donation to the developers kofi page and then send him a pm with your trial ID on his support forum and he'll update your app to an infinite trial. Details here, https://support.symfonium.app/t/authenticating-a-license-without-google-services/1603

This would only be device specific though. If you wanted to have it on another device that has Play services, you'd have to pay again. I guess people would have to evaluate if the extra €6 is worth it to them to get it on the A6. At least there's a free trial to check it out.

17. Nice Monkey

Path8022 and Nutul like this.
  18. Path8022

Path8022 Member

A few more.

SB Player - LMS player that can be set to play all audio at 44.1KHz
    HiBy Music - Local playback. Can also play from a Subsonic server. UI is a bit fiddly.
    Termux (Squeezelite) - all audio upsampled to 192KHz.

LMS - not a music player but a control app that is a simple webview wrapper for MaterialSkin on an LMS server.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    Nice Monkey likes this.
  19. Nice Monkey

Hey HibyMusic! It is one of the Local Players supporting DSD and Internal DAC. It is an alternative for using the Local Player provided by Eversolo. Dune used to bundle it on their HiFi models with DAC.
    I prefer UAPP but that one doesn't work due to looking for certification on the Google Play Store.

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The mother of all the silly things... I soooooo hate this!!! As if somebody has to educate me what apps I install, being 55 y.o. this actually sucks. No more Android of iOS players for me, no thanks.