Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

You know what they say "You can't polish a turd". Dark scenes at very low bit rate will always look terrible.

Phil181, rozel, xskip and 1 other person like this.
  2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

heres some cellphone pics so not great :p of See 204 from a 9 gig DV file played via Z9X to panasonic OLED

dark scenes outside like the river seem to have a blue filter instead of natural lighting as in the first pic but shows none of the serious artifacting the low quality file shows (besides some bright spots where curtains not closed fully)

Attached Files:

3. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I think the phone exaggerates those blues on the TV, I feel like my Samsung def. does.

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

I was thinking blue filter cause i was mentaly comparing it to House of Dragons night beach scenes which are notorius on some OLED brands for dimming image to zero due to low light levels (doesnt seem to bother my Panasonic luckily)

5. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I thought that it was a joke, but maybe not after all. :D

rozel and xskip like this.
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

The Chinese New Year for 2023 will fall on Sunday, January 22nd 2023 - the Year Of The Rabbit. Get your diaries out hihi ;)

xskip likes this.
  7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic here but I have this issue on my LG OLED 65E6. It’s only on Dolby Vision Netflix app or HDMI port. It happens in a lot of movies in continuous dark scenes. It slowly lowers OLED panel output until it’s hard to see. It’s not noticeable at first and very annoying. Bringing up TV menu or subtitles resets light output to max. I haven’t found any adjustment to fix that.

8. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@3DBuff
    Check it out if you haven't already:

How to: Turn off ASBL on LG OLED TV

blenky, B0RN and 3DBuff like this.
  9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

go into the service menu, OLED settings and turn off TPC/GSR, on older OLEDs only TPC is present, if you have a phone with IR then download IR remote app, or get a service remote from Amazon.

1GTRBG, B0RN and 3DBuff like this.
  10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I tried to flash the non G version firmware on current G version as I don't need to run Google anymore but it would not let me, I thought it was OK to jump between G and non G version on same firmware. :)

darkeyes909 likes this.
  11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

just install the non G version next update

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

yeah I was thinking of that. :)

13. toshu

toshu Member

I'm looking to upgrade my firmware and apps where needed. When I got my Z9X, I updated the Firmware to the latest, v6.35_G.
    The HT Version is 4.0.96
    The Zidoo Music app is v6.0

I have downloaded the current beta Firmware zip file to USB, Z9X_Pv6.4.42_G.... do I need to dowload and update any other apps or is that all taken care of by the Firmware update??

14. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

All the official apps from Zidoo will be updated with the last firmware, uncluding HT and Music Player.

Onwrathz and toshu like this.
  15. Johnkokk

Johnkokk New Member

By the way a bug I came across, is that the Frame rate switch pause (the setting that is supposed to pause the movie, during the hdmi handshakes), doesn't seem to work.
    In other words it doesn't pause the movie. :)

I am in the last firmware of course

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Works fine here - set it greater than your HDMI resync time and you'll see it working.

e.g if your resync takes about 5s you would normally set the delay to 5s but if you set it to 10s you'll see the pause.

17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

To add to the list of movies that don't play in the right format when started from the Menu, the one below is an even odd one.

Played The Amityville Horror UHD from Vinegar Syndrome and while its only HDR10, the HDR didn't even kick in when played from the Menu, it simply played in SDR. Almost like whatever the highest grade the movie has, if an issue occurs, it will play one step lower. DV > HDR10 and HDR10 > SDR. Hope the new FW fixes all these.

18. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

Once again Weather App isn't working. Any chance for fix?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely

19. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

Hello again everyone and thank you for the great products and support that you offer!

I want to ask if there is a bug in VS10 engine when playing DV files, it didn't do this before upgrading to the current version of the Z1000 Pro: v6.4.42 (or if there is something wrong in my settings maybe, that has been changed).

I am currently watching season 2 of See which is recorded in 23.976 fps (version: 2160p/DV/HEVC)
    When I start playing an episode, the HDMI resyncs and the Output mode is: 3840x2160P @60Hz YUV420 10 Bits BT2020 VS10
    I press back twice to stop the episode and play it again, until it Outputs: 3840x2160P @23Hz YUV444 10 Bits BT2020 VS10
    Sometimes I have to stop and play the episode multiple times until I get the @23Hz YUV444, and sometimes it only wants to play it in @60Hz YUV420 regardless of how many times I try. Why does it not play as default in 23Hz?
    I have attached pictures where you can see the correct Output mode in @23Hz YUV444, the Output in @60Hz and the MediaInfo of Episode 2.

Zidoo Z1000Pro Version: v6.4.42
    My Settings:
    Playback: Auto frame rate -> Frame rate mode -> Match frame rate or Match frame rate and resolution
    Display:
    Resolution: Auto (3840 x 2160P 60Hz) / Lock resolution: Disabled
    Color settings:
    4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV422 10BIT
    4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Non-4K: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    HDMI Color range: Auto
    Deep Color Compatibility: OFF
    HDMI Signal format: Enchanced
    HDR: AUTO
    Dolby Vision compatible mode: Priority LLDV (Player Led)
    MaxCLL and MaxFALL: Enabled
    HDCP: 2.2

Attached Files:

20. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member