JellyfinTv Zidoo-Edition support post

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Yes only the audio is transcoded for this file, can be checked via the server logs: "-codec:v:0 copy"

Yes its a known problem that seeking isn't working for transcodes. Its a internal player issue, i need to work with the Zidoo dev's on.

2. mrgo

mrgo New Member

Hi Andy,

Quick note on file playback issues during testing.

ISO DVD images are not available for playback via the Jellyfin app

3. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Need to check if the server even supports .iso files, if not i cant do much about it on the client side.

4. mrgo

mrgo New Member

Thanks and I think you might be correct that its not implemented server side. Will rip ISO's to MKV

5. chadamir

chadamir New Member

Is there a way to get the zidoo to do the decoding and output the pcm?

6. jameel a perkins

jameel a perkins New Member

Hello JellyufinTv I'm Jameel Perkins asking can i hook up my Nintendo Switch to
    ZIDOO Z10PRO?

7. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

How does sync with Trakt work? If I have a collection on Trakt and install Jellyfin, will my Jellyfin collection update accordingly?

So far it seems like Jellyfin only pushed to Trakt and doesn't pull the status.

8. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Check the trakt plugin settings, there are options for all combinations.

9. jameel a perkins

jameel a perkins New Member

ok i will soon when i have the oney someday thank u for telling me ?

10. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Which one am I looking for? The only options I have unticked are:

Export media info
    Enable debug logging

All other options are ticked.

Also is there a way to find what failed to identify? Jellyfin under reports the number of movies I have by about 40 titles but I haven't found any way to identify the gap without going through them 1 by 1.

11. andy22

andy22 Active Member

untick "Skip unwatched import from trakt.tv" and "Skip watched import from trakt.tv".

Not sure there is, it will use some fallback/empty art on those that have failed. I also think there might be plugins for this, otherwise ask on reddit jellyfin, they are quite helpfully.

PS: This is mainly for Zidoo specific issues, not general Jellyfin support.

Six66Mike likes this.
  12. mrgo

mrgo New Member

Hi Andy,

I have a new portable Jellyfin build on a pi4 for travel that is running 10.8.4 and uses a Zidoo Z10 Pro with Hardrive and Samba Server as the File Storage and Player

SMB Share's have been setup and files are indexing correctly, however with 'Direct Play' ticked in the client the prompt box is displayed as 'Direct Play' and the file is selected but stalls at this point and cannot be played?

However when I untick, Direct Play it states 'transcoding' and the file is played back with the current restrictions of no forward or rewind function.

Do you have any ideas on how I can get 'Direct Play' to work?

Many thanks

13. andy22

andy22 Active Member

So can HT play the file?

Need to know why its transcoding, so check the server logs for the ffmpeg and "transcode reason" message.

So its like a reverse smb share? So the pi acts only as server, while the Zidoo has the content?
    I never tested this case, so the player should actually get a "local" network path without any smb/nfs URI, since the content should be directly accessible.

If i remember correctly "Direct Path" atm always assumes smb/nfs, but i guess i can try fix this so the player gets the direct local path for playback. Will put this on my to-do.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  14. mrgo

mrgo New Member

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response

HT can play the files with no issues as the path is local - usb://SATA/Movies/...

For SMB my path looks like smb://root:********@192.168.8.XXXX/Share/C070F04870F046A6/Movies

I will need to look into the ffmpeg logs and report back on the Transcode

So its like a reverse smb share? So the pi acts only as server, while the Zidoo has the content? - Correct ...Zidoo holds the Media and is also the Player and the Pi acts as a Jellyfin Server pointing back at the Media

I tried the local path like you mention - usb://SATA/Movies/.... and was kicked back with Errors as the code of the client was set for SMB or NFS

If that user case could get a fix that would be fantastic.

Many thank

15. mrgo

mrgo New Member

16. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Basic http transcode options are enabled by default, you can opt-out for smb/nfs via unchecking "allow transcode fallback" while "Direct Path" is enabled.

The issue is the file has 5.1 AAC sound and thats why a audio only transcode into AC3 5.1 is triggered "-codec:a:0 ac3 -ac 6 -ab 640000".
    The cause is that AAC is not a "official" supported HDMI bitstream format and may or may not be correctly decoded by your TV/receiver.
    In the worst case you get just 2.0 stereo, without any surround channels folded in.

You can enable the "Allow 5.1 audio output for more codecs", which is precisely for those cases, if you know your TV/reciever/soundbar can handle 5.1 AAC as bitstream.

PS: You need to actually check/test those cases, even if HT/Zidoo player will play the file. You may not be getting a "real" 5.1 stream. So check your audio gear on what format and channel layout is received/decoded.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  17. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Andy, did you manage to look at VC1 getting transcoded?

18. mrgo

mrgo New Member

Hi Andy,

Thanks for this info and looking into the issue

Based on your notes and some testing...I am getting Direct Play to work.

Direct play only works under these conditions and I am not sure if this is by design

Pass Direct Path for external player - Unticked
    Use Legacy Direct Path - Unticked
    Allow transcode fallback - Ticked with box grayed out
    Enable non bitstream surround codes - Ticked

Interesting point is I have direct play working with or without an SMB path's in the Shared network folder: library section ??

I will now look into the VC1

19. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Guess the naming is a bit confusing, there is "Direct Play" and there is "Direct Path".
    So if play happens via smb/nfs and working "Direct Path" its always considered "Direct Play".

Than on http/stream request any none transcode playback is also considered "Direct Play".

Guess i should rename the option to "Network Paths" or "Network Mounts", to make more clear what it actually does.

Only added the missing codec information, did not test yet if that's all that's needed to play VC1.

20. mrgo

mrgo New Member

Onwrathz likes this.