EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry, no, the AVR Key won't do it - you'll get away with a Vertex or Integral 2 but ideally a Vertex 2 is the thing to get then you can specify HDR messages being sent when LLDV is detected at the input. A Vertex 1 or Integral 2 will send the HDR message but it's a simple switch in the software and not dependent on the input signal.

I doubt your TV can be switched to HDR manually but I don't know that particular model so you'd have to look in the menus, manual etc.

2. EWERTONWP

EWERTONWP New Member

Good evening Mark,

I fiddled with the TV settings and found that I can manually set HDR. How do I now configure zidoo to enjoy dolby vision material on my TV?

In the HDMI EOTF setting it allows me to select the AUTO / TRADITIONAL GAMMA / HLG / PQ options. When I selected PQ, the TV started to display everything in HDR regardless of the signal that was coming into it.

I believe this is the manual HDR selection you mentioned. If so, could you help me configure ziddo now, please?

Thanks.

3. Markswift2003

Cool!

Dead easy, just enable Custom Edid in Display settings and select the "BT.2020 LLDV EDID".

Close the settings app and restart and you'll see a new option under HDR called "Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV,YUV422,12Bit)". Select that.

This will enable LLDV mode but in BT.2020 and effectively spits out the same signal as a 1000nit BT.2020 HDR10 source but without the HDR10 metadata.

This is why you need to enable HDR10 mode in the TV manually - both PQ gamma and BT.2020 colour.

The only thing you probably won't be able to select is the EOTF range which clips at 1000 nits but since that's a standard value you should be fine.

(What an HDFury does is enable you to create an HDR10 message with the correct colour space and MaxCLL etc so it's perfectly tailored to the 1000nit BT.2020 LLDV signal)

serg fedorov likes this.
  4. EWERTONWP

EWERTONWP New Member

Good morning Mark,

First thanks for the help.

I activated the configuration you taught me and it is already working in zidoo.

I would just like to confirm some configuration details:

1-In "Color settings" should I keep the settings suggested here on the forum? I relied on the post about recommended settings. For example, for 4K 23~30Hz content it is priorityYUV444 10bits. keep it like this?

2-In "Dolby vision LLDV mode" I leave it in "Priority LLDV (LED player)" really?

3-MaxCLL and MaxFALL I leave enabled?

4-In HDCP I left it in 2.2. Is correct?

As I understand it, using LLDV, dolby vision contents will be shown on my TV, correct?

What about SDR, HDR10 or HDR10+ content? What will happen to this type of content? Will there be any conversion, or any loss of quality when they are displayed? Or will they be displayed in their full form?

Thanks so much for the help so far.

5. Markswift2003

1 - Yes, leave as per the Recommended Settings Post - these have no effect on Dolby Vision

2 - Yes, Auto will work as well, but Priority LLDV is the correct choice ince it's an LLDV EDID

3 - Yes

4 - Doesn't matter as HDCP is irrelevant - I always leave it Off

5 - Depends what you set HDR to. If you set to LLDV, it will convert all content to LLDV. If you choose VS10 for HDR for example, it will only convert HDR to LLDV.

Since you're now using an LLDV EDID, all Dolby Vision content will be shown natively as LLDV - that's obviously not considered a conversion.

6. EWERTONWP

EWERTONWP New Member

Ok, I got it.

To close this issue, one last question: is this content conversion to LLDV the same or better than native HDR (HDR10/HDR10+)? For SDR content, is this conversion better or is it the same?

I understood that if it's dolby vision, it wouldn't be a conversion, but it would be 1 to 1 in quality. Would it be this?

I would like to understand this, because I would like to have the contents in the same native quality standard or better. If there is any kind of loss or deterioration in HDR10/HDR10+ or SDR content, then I would use this feature of LLDV only for dolby vision content.

For SDR/HDR10/HDR10+ I would return zidoo and TV to normal standards.

Thanks.

7. Markswift2003

Whether converting to DV from SDR or HDR results in a "better" image is entirely subjective, so you have to judge for yourself.

If you want all content native then simply set HDR to Auto.

8. EWERTONWP

EWERTONWP New Member

Okay Mark, thank you very much.

9. vddan

vddan Active Member

I will add a layer because your discussion interests me a lot!

Me, for example, my broadcasters not being DV I would like to go out Zidoo as it:
    -1080P-SDR ............ vs10
    -HDR / HDR 10 / HDR10 + .......... identical to the origin
    -DOLBY VISION ........................ LLDV VS10
    Is that possible ?
    thank you

10. Markswift2003

You can set HDR to "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (for SDR, DV content)"

Assuming your display supports LLDV, this will use VS10 to output both SDR and Dolby Vision as LLDV.

HDR10 and HDR10+ will output natively.

(Note: if your display supports both TV Led and Player Led DV, then "Dolby Vision Compatibility" must be set to "Priority LLDV (Player LED)" if you want to output LLDV)

pcristi likes this.
  11. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you for your return .............. Tested but no bowl! My broadcaster must not accepted 'lldv' because the Dolby Vision is quenched!
    Too bad I came back with all VS10 that is already excellent.

12. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

My HDR goes back to auto every time I start the system. I am using custom BT2020 EDID and in HDR I select the LLDV 12 bit and my Epson 6050UB projector set on HDR manually. Everything I play is in Dolby Vision with VS10 engine. But every time I shut down the system and restart, it goes back to auto. Any work around this issue?

13. Markswift2003

Can't see why it would do that - none of my boxes do it and never have done. Maybe a factory reset (backing up HT and taking a note of system settings of course)?

14. MVu

MVu New Member

Same thing happened on my system. The work around for me now is to lock resolution at 3840 x 2160 (23Hz).
    That I think is for the GUI only, if I set Match framerate and resolution on then the box will passthrough source framerate & resolution.

15. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

I am going to try to lock resolution first before I do the factory reset. I would probably update to the 6.3.75 as I am on 6.3.60 even though I was waiting for the 2.35:1 option available desperately. I will update you guys as soon as I am able to these.

16. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

Thanks a lot MVu and always so helpful Markswift2003. Locking resolution did work for me. I locked 3840 x 2160 (24Hz). I had to turn off the auto frame rate option. It is even better for me as I only watch movies on the system and now it does not go blank for few seconds to handshake the frame rate switch. Navigating GUI is slightly jerky because of 24Hz as expected but not bad at all. I can live with that. Thanks a lot guys.

17. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Why not to implement a function to save settings to avoid " backing up HT and taking a note of system settings of course"?

18. Markswift2003

I've asked for a settings backup many times... It would help enormously with support too - when people have problems they could post their settings file here and anyone else could then import for diagnosis. Similar to how we use EDIDs to diagnose issues.

19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, I fully agree with the request and consider it as priority for future fw. Actually I'm very afraid to do a change or reset in settings due to the high risk of fail. :(

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  20. vddan

vddan Active Member

Technical question: the new diffusers have a 16/255 setting instead of 16/235!

Is it possible to go out in 16/255 with the Zidoo?

If it is not possible can we implement it in a future firmware?