Beta version v6.3.50 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 5, 2021.

1. bonum

bonum New Member

Now I understand that this is important to you.

Guzo likes this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Erm was watch history always been there
    In H.T.v4 ?
    Or it has been moved up the list …..

3. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Could it be related to this thread

4. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

@mirror! An old version of the Hungarian translation was put in HT4.0 again. It's like I didn't do anything.Then what the hell do I improve the translation if not the fresh one is included. Can I request a fresh HT4.0 with the updated translation? thanks

5. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

In the change log it says

Zidoo Controller APP (Android)
    1. Added local cell phone music playback function.
    2. Optimized music sorting function.
    3. Optimized individual interfaces.

Does this mean there is a new app version in GooglePlay (it still says 1.9.3 there)
    Or is it the controller you can start from your PC. (http://192.168.xxx.xxx:9528)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Check you've not left the remote's Backlight function on - this drains the batteries in no time at all, even though the lights go off after a few seconds

8. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I tried the new firmware and I will comment on the problems I had compared to the last firmware.

1) HDMI has to be set to 16-235 otherwise my Sony A90J would show too dark if use Auto. It's the same as before. Didn't see any change here. Problem remains

2) A few posters I have (two in 1080p- Battle Los Angeles and Gravity- and one in 4K - Zack Snyder's Justice League-) do not show the tags in the posters. All other poster tags appear correctly. Only these three movies has this problem for me. I tried re-matching but this didn't do anything. Both 1080p movies would show their tags in pre- 6.3.45 firmwares. Only in the previous and this firmware in these two posters the tags disappeared. If there is a way to upload photos of the movie info I will do so. Problem remains

3) External SRT subtitles would still show when the screensaver would trigger. In the new firmware I tried various video files in 1080p, 4K/HDR10 and 4K/DV and when the screensaver triggers the subtitles do not show anymore. Problem solved

9. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I have turned the bluetooth from the remote off, my V8 now works on IR, saves a lot of battery life.
    Unpairing works the same as pairing " press Menu and Page -" together, untill blue led flashes.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Pretty sure not as much as switching off the Backlight function - I went through 3 sets of batteries before this was mentioned on here - current batteries in my v8 nearly 12 months old

11. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Very true :)

12. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

A lot of good evolutions with this firmware: the refresh function for the labels, the function to display the logos or not, the duration of each episode of a TV show, etc. The display of the posters on the poster wall seems faster, no?

There is a new effect to display the labels in the details page (a zoom effect).When you navigate quickly through the episodes of a TV show, that is a bit hum… « distracting » (like a blinking sensation). I prefered the more static display we had before.

There is a miss with the translations used in that release: they come from the september trying versions of the apps (and not the final ones in transifex), so with some errors or weakness here and there for all the languages.

In Quick Settings, better not to use auto for the hdmi range but 16-235 or everything is darker.

I also have some HD movies without any tag and I don’t know why.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  13. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @mirror

Thank you very much for next great FW! :) I would like to ask, if you will consider my last favor. Any chances for your reply, just simple yes or no, please?

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely

14. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

1. Like I said a long time before, auto was always wrong. Just set the zidoo to 16-235 and you are fine
    I also had this problem with my old LG c9 and the Ps5. Setting the Ps5 to auto gives me a black crushed Picture.
    Don't trust these auto settings

Ah and by the way, great update zidoo, your player is the best on the market, your software is awesome

Bill-Z9X, Markswift2003 and DELUCAS like this.
  15. vddan

vddan Active Member

In response to Rozel:
    Yes thank you ....... I cut it a long time ago!
    In fact the batteries I had thought about it first, but like a fool I put back dead batteries ......... so ........:confused::D:eek:

rozel and DennisTheMenace like this.
  16. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Good point. I agree. The new effect animation is quite distracting and is not very smooth.

17. vddan

vddan Active Member

I really enjoyed the course of the sinopsis but, too bad it does not start again after a while!

18. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

The zooming effect is on Movies as well as tv series
    Diff but kinda like it i think .

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Yes, you're right and if I can live with it for the movies, this becomes unpleasant with the episodes navigation.

20. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I like it a lot, even with episode navigation, it gives you a smooth transition between them.