Zidoo Z1000 Pro – My High Definition Audio Experience (so far)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Feb 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. muha

muha Active Member

Congratulations on getting there!

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Haha I wasn't expecting that - but I must confess that I want to listen more to my music now rather than the equipment. Until something else floats my boat, that is :)

3. muha

muha Active Member

Apart of getting ceiling speakers now I am thinking of building Tea room at my country house. Two single driver speakers Jordan JX92S TL based, two yamaha subwoofers, 6 dipols, 4 ceiling speakers, for audio/video room with blooming garden in background.

One should have dreams.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And money

5. muha

muha Active Member

And understanding wife (partner) :D

toshu, dr4go and rozel like this.
  6. toshu

toshu Member

I assume you bought this PSU?
    But what did you plug in, your DAC or the Zidoo? I have heard that both would benefit...
    https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi...er-supply-usb-220v-to-5v-2a-25va-p-11364.html

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes that was the PSU :)

I plugged it into the ISO REGEN, to replace the cheap one that came with it. Not sure about plugging it into the Zidoo, my DAC and Z1000 Pro seem well equipped Psu-wise. Would be interest in learning more though.

Edit: The reason behind buying the PSU was to further "clean" and "eradicate" the noise of the USB signal

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  8. toshu

toshu Member

IIRC @nice_monkey and @mickey have both been proponents for adding an LPS to the zidoo, especially to clean up it's output when HDDs are installed/connected.

I'll have to look at my Topping DAC d7s and what power supply it has.

Looking at the audiophonics page, they do seem to have larger LPS with dual power outs.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there would be any benefit as the only signal passing from the Zidoo is a USB one and it's that signal passing through a USPCB and the ISO REGEN that needs attention. I was asked how I'd configured things in the Head-Fi forum, which has what I think is the best sub-forum for UAPP and was given the green light.