Zidoo Z9X PRO vs Zidoo Z20 PRO

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by zorro102, Aug 5, 2023.

1. zorro102

zorro102 New Member

Hello everyone
    I am new to the forum.
    Sorry for my bad English.

I plan to buy a Zidoo 9XPRO or Z20PRO. What are the differences between these players? Will Z20PRO give me better picture and sound? Does it have more image processing features?

Is it possible to turn off the disk cooling fan in the Z20PRO from the system level?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Welcome!

The only difference is that the Z20 Pro has an internal hard disc bay and a different case.

There is no difference in image processing or sound.

3. zorro102

zorro102 New Member

And will the zdioo z9x pro have a better or comparable image as clone oppo M9201?. I use it on a daily basis. It's very good, but has a lot of limitations when it comes to handling mkv files

4. Markswift2003

I don't own one so can't comment from experience, but pretty much all the posts I've seen from owners say that there is nothing to choose between them.

The Zidoos do not have a second HEVC decoder, so the FEL is not used in Dolby Vision, but this is not detrimental to the image and the Oppo (and clones) use an old SOC (I think circa 8 years old now) which does not perform as well as the current Realtek SOCs when you start looking closely at test patterns.

There was a test from @Sledgehamma on AVS a few years ago showing the shortcomings of the Mediatek SOC but I really can't remember where it is...

MKVs are the Zidoos forte - it's probably not the player to get if you want perfect BD Menus but it definitely is for MKVs.

swinskyi likes this.
  5. zorro102

zorro102 New Member

I had a dune real vison 4K plus on the tests for a few days. The image in every mode (HD/4K/HDR) except for Dolby Vision (oppo clone does not support it with mkv) seemed to me better with oppo. Does Zidoo have a better "picture" than Dune?

6. Uto Tente

Uto Tente New Member

Code:
    vendor.realtek.rvsd@1.0-service: Rvsd Service is starting.
    vendor.realtek.dvdplayer@1.0-service: Dvdplayer Service is starting.
    RvsdImpl: 290.HIDL_FETCH_IRvsd.bf new Rvsd().
    RvsdImpl: Rvsd
    RvsdImpl: 292.HIDL_FETCH_IRvsd.af new Rvsd().rvsd:0xeb680910.
    HidlServiceManagement: Registered vendor.realtek.rvsd@1.0::IRvsd/default (start delay of 59ms)
    HidlServiceManagement: Removing namespace from process name vendor.realtek.rvsd@1.0-service to rvsd@1.0-service.
    LegacySupport: Registration complete for vendor.realtek.rvsd@1.0::IRvsd/default.
    DvdplayerImpl: 1277.HIDL_FETCH_IDvdplayer.bf new Dvdplayer().
    DvdplayerImpl: Dvdplayer
    DvdplayerImpl: initVar
    DvdPlayer: ioctl c0044901 failed with code -1: Inappropriate ioctl for device
            : Warning: flags is 0x0!! The default value is set (ION_FLAG_ACPUACC | ION_FLAG_SCPUACC | ION_FLAG_HWIPACC | ION_USAGE_MMAP_NONCACHED)
    DvdplayerImpl: 1279.HIDL_FETCH_IDvdplayer.af new Dvdplayer().dvdplayer:0xf5b806a0.
    HidlServiceManagement: Registered vendor.realtek.dvdplayer@1.0::IDvdplayer/default (start delay of 86ms)
    HidlServiceManagement: Removing namespace from process name vendor.realtek.dvdplayer@1.0-service to dvdplayer@1.0-service.
    LegacySupport: Registration complete for vendor.realtek.dvdplayer@1.0::IDvdplayer/default.
    bob     : registerElement --> register ZidooVideoPlay  already register ok
    lm      : initSubtitle ----------------------------------------------------------
    bob     :  BoxPermissions v1.0.8 - 2* 20 * 1000

7. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

Do these models come with a Bluetooth remote? or IR only?

8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

IR only for the V11, but you can buy the IR/Bluetooth version: the V12. It works with all the Zidoo players, including the previous generations.

https://www.futeko.com/products/AC124.php

clueluzz likes this.
  9. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

Thanks. I’m in Indonesia and have ordered the remote from a reseller here for my Z9X Pro. Awaiting delivery

10. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

But what is better for BD Menus? Is it worse than the X10, I tried Dune HD, hated it & sent back in a couple days, for all it's bugs Zidoo seems to be the only game it town.

11. Markswift2003

Zidoo X10 is from nearly 10 years ago... You might have a bit of catching up to do.

xskip likes this.