Zidoo Z9X Pro: No video, unable to restore to factory settings

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Vectorfire, Oct 29, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Vectorfire

Vectorfire New Member

Sorry I meant X9X
    I was setting up my Zidoo X9x and I made a change to a setting that turned the screen black and has left me unable to change the setting back, effectively turning my Zidoo into a brick.

I have tried to press the reset button on the outside, held it for 20 seconds, held it for 25 seconds, nothing seems to happen and there is no change when I reboot. I still boot back to a black screen after the Zidoo logo

The setting in question I changed was in Advanced Settings-->HDR output mode.
    It was set to Input, but I changed it to AUTO.

How can I reset this unit back to factory settings?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you just clarify which model it is? There's no such model as an X9X.

3. Vectorfire

Vectorfire New Member

Z9X

4. Markswift2003

Press the Resolution button on the remote (the one under the red key) a couple of times to get to a supported resolution leaving a few seconds between pushes to allow for HDMI to resync.

5. Vectorfire

Vectorfire New Member

Pressing the button causes the Dolby Vision tag show in the top right hand corner for a couple of seconds, but thats all. No interface.

6. Markswift2003

Ok, if the logo is in the right hand corner, that's produced by the TV and not the Zidoo (the Zidoo logos appear top left).

The resolution button cycles through different resolutions so it sounds like the box is stuck in a mode the TV doesn't recognise (although I don't understand how!). Also, if the TV is right, it's in Dolby Vision which doesn't tie in with setting HDR to Auto.

Press the button successively until you get a picture. As I say, you need to leave a gap between presses to allow HDMI to resync - that depends on the TV, it can be upwards of 5s on some TVs.

7. Markswift2003

I think I know what happened.

You said "The setting in question I changed was in Advanced Settings-->HDR output mode.
    It was set to Input, but I changed it to AUTO"

That's the wrong place to change those settings and I'm not really sure why you'd go into there - unless you understand how Android HDR settings work you should always use the standard Display settings, and to be fair, even then you should steer clear of Advanced settings...

By setting Auto in the Android settings, I think you've set the output to Dolby Vision at a framerate of 60Hz, in which case, whether it was Player Led or TV Led, the HDMI mode is the full 600MHz, 18GBps bandwidth of HDMI 2 and possibly the issue is neither the TV nor the display, it's possibly the HDMI cabling that cannot take that bandwidth.

Anyway, my advice stays the same, press the Resolution button until you get a resolution and framerate that works and then set it up using the standard settings, not the advanced ones.

Can I just confirm the box again - first you said Z9S, then X9X and then Z9X - Is this in fact the Z9X Pro? That's the only one with advanced settings as you describe.

8. Vectorfire

Vectorfire New Member

Yes it's a Z9x pro

The problem as youdesribed appears to fit this what I did and what I am seeing.

It's an LG C8, so it's not HDMI 2.0, so that would explain the inability to sync.

Now what.com :/

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  9. Markswift2003

The LG C9 is HDMI 2 - it will take the full 600MHz signal so I still think the Zidoo is outputting a 600MHz signal and you need to cycle resolutions.

The other option is to use the app - you can change resolution and HDR mode etc in there. I suggest 1080p to start with to get a picture, then set everything as you want:

upload_2023-10-30_9-2-37.png
    (also, now we've established which model you have, I've taken the liberty of changing the thread name and moving it to the correct forum)

10. Vectorfire

Vectorfire New Member

The Zidoo is hard wired, there's no way to reach my wired network via phone app.

The resolution button solution does not work. I've spent an hour, hitting that button and nothing but the dv badge showing happens no matter how many times I do it or how long I wait in-between.

Is there no way to simply reset this thing back to the way it came?

11. Markswift2003

Really? You don't have Wi-Fi??

You need either access to the GUI or the app to factory reset (or if ADB is active, you can use an Android mirror app like SCRPY).

You could use the emergency clash procedure, but that does entail a certain risk if you don't follow the instructions to the letter:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/suppor...Leq7k9e[ld]3ulg==/guide_faq/raXr0bxKWKM=.html