zidoo z9x pro - can't play video

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Hawk600, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Hawk600

Hawk600 New Member

I am not sure what is going on, but I cannot play a .MKV movie trailer; shouldn't this trailer be playable on the Pro? It plays fine on my PC.

I tried the HEVC YUV444 10 bit and HEVC YUV422 10 bit version, getting error on both.

The trailer is on thedigitaltheater.com,
    name: furiosa-a-mad-max-saga-2024

Tried to post the link here, but I can't.

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

these boxes are pretty well solid as for mkv files ..only usually corrupt/badly created mkvs would ever fail
    maybe drop the file on to a mega link and post it here for ppl to test ,or maybe use mediainfo prog ..free to d/l and use and post the text info

Hawk600 likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

4:2:2 and 4:4:4 AVC/HEVC and are not supported..

Hawk600 likes this.
  4. Hawk600

Hawk600 New Member

Thank you, Mark, is there a place indicating all the supported formats/codecs?
    I'm still searching for it but couldn't find a good source.

Found the thread about here about the processor but did not read it in full. (All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players)

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Possibly in the Zidoo website, but pretty much all the current mainstream codecs work - I don't know of any that don't.

4:2:2 and 4:4:4 AVC/HEVC are not mainstream so not supported. Same for 10-bit AVC - not mainstream.

Hawk600 likes this.