Zidoo Z9X not parsing existing NFO for some movies.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Dama, May 3, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Assuming you have set NFO and local art priority correctly, if the images are named correctly and the NFO compliant then it's kind of 100% fool proof.

What firmware are you on and can you post an example NFO, preferably one from a collection? (You may need to change .nfo to .txt to post on the forum).

Canaiya likes this.
  2. Canaiya

Canaiya New Member

Thank you very much for the reply. Yesterday I was trying and trying different ways and I think I finally hit the key. As you say, yes, the Zidoo was configured to prioritize local images and the nfo file. All correctly named. What I did was, pass the nfo (which comes from Kodi) through the TMM again, and hit save again. It must be that by doing this, the nfo files are already fully compatible with HT and it recognizes them correctly. I tried a part of the video library. I'm doing the same with another one, to see if the invention continues to work. Greetings!

3. Markswift2003

Excellent :)

Canaiya likes this.
  4. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

Hi @Markswift2003,

Is there a way to find the film incorrectly indentified other than a visual check of your library? For instance, I have rip of Rio (the animation) but HT4.0 posters don’t show it. I’ve tried looking for it by filename using search but no luck.

also, would u advise making a basic NFO file that identifies the film using imdb or tmdb id so that HT4 correctly identifies the film?

your suggestion is appreciated

5. Markswift2003

Is it not in "Unmatched"?

If not, what's the filename?

6. Markswift2003

As far as I know that doesn't work - if HT finds a valid NFO it just uses that for all the metadata. It will populate the director/cast info and ClearLogo online because that's part of the process if not available locally, but synopsis, year etc etc will not populate unless they're in the NFO.

I get the library as I want it, with artwork as I like it etc and then export NFOs and art from HT.

You can of course use a third party utility like TMM to create full NFOs.

7. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

It doesn't show up in Unmatched. It's probably matched incorrectly and under another film.

Rio.2011.1080p.mkv

I decided to give TMM a try and make NFOs using that. clean up the library and it finally showed up (along with some other files that didn't show up).

8. Markswift2003

Really odd one - glad you sorted it but I can't explain why it originally, presumably, got attached to a different movie. Vagaries of internet geographical boundaries maybe? But we all use the same TMDB so maybe not.

Out of curiosity I just named a test file the same as you did and HT picked it up straight away.

Screenshot_20230410-094311.png

9. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

Digital voodoo I guess Anyway, I think I'm gonna go NFO from now on.

I had a weird thing happen with the NFO not writing into the film folders. That's why I ended up using TMM and now my library never misses a beat (reset the HT after scraping done 3 to 4 times to be sure). Thanks @Markswift2003

P.S. If I decide to reorganize my files into other folders, so long as the NFO is next to the film file, HT will scrape correctly, right? The NFO doesn't specify the exact folder it's currently in?

10. Markswift2003

Currently, NFOs exported from HT contain an absolute path instead of a relative path, eg:

<basepath>/data/system/smb/192.168.0.136#Shared/Test Videos/HT Dummy Movies/1. New/Rio.2011.1080p/Rio.2011.1080p.mkv</basepath>

However, relative paths also work, eg:

<basepath>/Rio.2011.1080p/Rio.2011.1080p.mkv</basepath>

And I believe that even if you change the physical path and the NFO contains the original absolute path, the relative portion is still used so the NFO works.

This absolute path has been flagged to the devs and was confirmed to be fixed. I'm hoping to see that in the next release