Zidoo Z9x ...how to add fles from pc?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Chris Flotsios, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Chris Flotsios

Chris Flotsios New Member

Hello there...
    How can we add files from pc to Z9X connected disks?...I updated to 6.35 firmware
    then turned on the samba server at network settings but still the ip address don't work at my pc....
    also at Samba server i get a null and not the ip address of the wifi connection...
    also to mention that with Z9s I hadn't this issue and could transfer files directly to the disks....

2. Lony

Lony Active Member

Which Windows Version did you have , Win 3.1 , windows 95, 98, or maybe Win10 :p

Activated SMB1 :rolleyes:o_O

3. Marat1980

Marat1980 New Member

add new network drive (right click in network folder)
    type \\XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (zidoo local IP adress) and press browse button,
    chose the ziddo drive you need to access - it will show in some wired way (probably the serial number of your drive) but you can easily find the right one by knowing the content of your drive.
    I wish I could provide screenshots but it is all in Russian and I can not be bothered to change my windows interface.
    Windows 10

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Bad idee as it is not secure. Above all no need or reason to do so.

5. Lony

Lony Active Member

Do you see the smiley?

And what is your tip on the subject of security to watch a film with a Zidoo from the PC without any information !

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Never use SMB Server on the PC myself (disabled). Use only SMB 2/3 Client on my PC with Zidoo running as the SMB Server instead. I do all updates/changes on it from my PC. ;)
    Zidoo makes a perfect SMB server for me being a lot more flexible that a real NAS with RAID (using old smaller HDD's as 1:1 backups). Just read my Z9S review (just updated it the other day).
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...es-hq-music-dvd-bd-and-uhd-bd-playback.48237/
    Almost everything FW related still applies to the new RTD1619DR based models.

Frankly like OpenWRT more doing so for it than the new basic SMB Server on Z9X. But also that one works.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020