Zidoo Z9x and X20 Pro with Kodi 20

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DonnieYen, Apr 9, 2023.

1. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Sorry, I don't own a RTD1296 based player, so afraid I can't help.

I'm afraid I can't help any further on this one.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  2. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

Thanks

3. Cazzesman

Cazzesman New Member

Evening all. A newbie here as regards Zidoo. I just picked up a 2nd hand, 2022 version of the Z9X. I intend to run Kodi 20 on it. I have been using Kodi for the past 7 or 8 years so I am up to speed with that.
    I use a Vero 4+ with the OSMC software, running ver 19.4. My Kodi is extremely simple as I only use 1 addon - Umbrella. The Vero 4+ is via HDMI into a LG OLED 4K smart tv.

I have been researching the Zidoo/Kodi combo. I was after the simplest and most effective way to load Kodi on the Z9X. Is it via Google Play App Store or is there another, better way. I'm open to any suggestions and/or tips regarding the Z9X/Kodi combo.

Regards Cazzesman

4. Cazzesman

Cazzesman New Member

After further research I am skipping the install via the google play. I have just downloaded Kodi ARMv7A (32 bit) APK file for Nexus 20. I will put it onto a usb stick for install onto the z9x.

Regards Cazzesman.

DonnieYen likes this.
  5. Cazzesman

Cazzesman New Member

Kodi up and going perfectly with Umbrella via the Kodi APK file with Nexus 20.1. I will play with that for awhile and then give the ZMDC/Kodi a fly.

Regards Cazzesman

DonnieYen likes this.
  6. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Can you please share your playercorefactory file?

Edit: Are you using a modified version of Kodi?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  7. Oldpainless

Just to provide clarity - using stock Kodi and playercorefactory will NOT call the internal Zidoo player.....playback will fail and you'll get an error message.

The only way to get Kodi v 20 to call the Zidoo internal player is for either Zidoo, or some other coder, to modify Kodi v20 and effectively release ZDMC v20.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    Franconian and Cazzesman like this.
  8. Cazzesman

Cazzesman New Member

Some interesting feedback for you all.

I run Kodi 19.5 on Vero 4+ that uses OSMC. HDMI into my professionally calibrated LG OLED C9. Calibrated for HDR.
    I installed the Kodi 20 onto the Z9X (not using ZDMC). HDMI into LG. Kodi is set up the same in both machines.

I have played back and paused the same 4k HDR file on both machines and the Vero 4+ provides greater clarity and detail into dark scenes than the Z9x.

Any suggestions why that might be? Obviously Kodi is not using the Z9x Internal player in my setup. I'm not sure how the Vero 4+ interacts with the Kodi player.

Regards Cazzesman

9. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I wonder why never anybody looked into that. It only must be a very small modification.

10. Oldpainless

11. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

True. Make everybody happy!