Zidoo Z9X and black crushing

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by FidelioX, Mar 28, 2023.

1. FidelioX

FidelioX New Member

Hi guys,
    few days owner of a brand new zidoo Z9X.
    Installed firmaware is: v6.4.42

With the default settings I've a massive black crushing with HDR10 and SDR content.
    I've tested this Zidoo on my calibrated projector (JVC DLA-X5900) and also on my oled Tv (LG C8).
    Both were calibrated with an external pixel perfect 10bit test signal generator.
    So both display are near perfect.
    So I'm totally certain that the default settings of the Zidoo are not good.

The settings that permit me to have a right out are:

[​IMG]

I checked the gamma curve with test patterns reproduced by the Zidoo and the slope of the curve remains good. :)

Let me know if this is knowed issue or not.

Thank you

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You're doing something wrong somewhere, probably gamma.

You should not have to adjust any of the Zidoo picture settings.

I just checked and got the following results:

SDR
    8-bit Black Clip (Source - AVS HD 709) resolves perfectly to Black 16
    8-bit White Clip (Source - AVS HD 709) resolves perfectly to White 235
    10-bit Black Clip (Source - Spears & Munsil UHD Benchmark) resolves perfectly to Black 64
    10-bit White Clip (Source - Spears & Munsil UHD Benchmark) resolves perfectly to White 940

HDR10
    10-bit 1000nit Black Clip (Source - Spears & Munsil UHD Benchmark) resolves perfectly to Black 64
    10-bit 1000nit White Clip (Source - Spears & Munsil UHD Benchmark) resolves perfectly to White 722 = 1000nits)

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The most common issue is HDMI range. It has to be set for limited on both devices to be sure and put contrast back to 32 on Zidoo.